Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
I find it hard to believe that this could be attributed to the update, considering what files have been affected by it.

possibly not, I will check it out later in the day see how it's going, but it seems less at the moment

coud have been restarting that fixed it after the upgrade, I normally just use the sleep mode

ender21

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2010
Southern Cal
Anyone who had sleep issues with Lion, did 10.7.1 resolve them?

So far so good on Sleep.

WIFI is re-connectivity is improved, but still had the random "OS X Can not find your preferred network" message, even though my "preferred network" is right there in the list of networks available.

Also. Rebooting through :apple: > Restart > Uncheck Re-Open Applications results in a lightning quick reboot. Rebooting using Hot Keys is just as slow as it was out-of-the-box (by slow I mean relative to my 2010 MacBook Air with 10.6.x which was much quicker).

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
No it didn't fix my issue. When opening App Store it freezes. Also when ever I click on anything on App Store it freezes and have to wait around 30 secs for the next page to load.

I have the same problem too. It's pretty diabolical to say Apple wants it to be the way we get the majority (if not all) of Apps.

I could still do with a better way of re-ordering my spaces/full screen apps in Mission Control. Clicking and dragging would be brilliant. Clicking the dock icon simply makes no sense and is a pain.

bobnlyne

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2011
San Antonio
Anyone who had sleep issues with Lion, did 10.7.1 resolve them?

My 2011 MBP battery is still being chewed up during sleep. 7.1 didn't address the problem.

I began experimenting over the past week. Battery life in sleep mode was not much over 3 hours total (down to less than 10% from a full charge).

When I began to shut down after finishing a session, I was able to double the battery life. True, it is a pain to take the time to shut down and reboot, and it does add about a minute and a half to the session, but a minute and a half is a paltry amount compared to the increased run time of a full charge in shutdown over sleep mode.

My beef is that before Lion I could get the same battery life in sleep as in full shutdown mode now. I hope Apple will sneak in a fix in 7.2.

Gofre

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
The one issue I have is a single app not playing nicely with Spaces. It opens in the current desktop, but takes me to the desired desktop anyway. Whenever new windows open in that app, they open in the same desktop and drag to the desired desktop when I close it. That issue's still there, although I expect it's the app itself rather than Lion.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I already turned off wifi on my wife's mini because it was so spotty and ran a gigabit ethernet cable so 10.7.1 won't help us. Maybe it will help on the kids' minis which still use wifi.

As for the main problem I am having with Lion, that it broke my third party VNC programs because I use an external monitor on my Mac, sadly 10.7.1 did nothing to improve the situation. I have to switch off my external monitor before leaving my Mac or when I connect using a non Apple VNC client, such as Mocha or iTap on my iPad, I stll get the dreaded "can't click" issue even after updating to 10.7.1.

jbyun04

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Canada
fixed my chrome/firefox crashing problem which got really annoying so now i'm happy :)

also seeing better battery life

watched 2 hours of video last night and still had about 2:45 battery life left

prior to 10.7.1 if i watched 2 hours of video from full i'd be down to about 1:50

mjuarez

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2009
Having a serious Spotlight/mds problem after installing 10.7.1 on my MacPro at home. Suddenly, it decides to "reindex", but then it starts using all available memory, and the rest of the system is just unusable. I managed to kill it twice already, even though it was using up 385% CPU (only 4 cores =/) and over 5Gbs of RAM. That is unacceptable for a "patch". It was working just fine before the 10.7.1 update.

At this moment, mds is back to 100% CPU on one of the cores again, virtual memory up to 800Mb. Seriously, WTF?

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
Sounds like a Kernel Panic. Did it tell you to shut the computer down in multiple languages on the grey screen? Save the crash report you get when you restart, in it you can see what caused the crash.

Nope, no messages...just a plain, gray screen. I kept it there for like 2 minutes, then held down the power button. :knocksonwood: I re-booted w/ no issues since. Never thought of looking at my log, and there was no crash report that popped up. Nothing. Weird.

METOO999

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2007
I was having a problem with the Finder forgetting my "New Finder windows show:" preference after reboot. It hasn't happened today, so crossing fingers.

Edit: A few reboots later and the issue shown up again.

Edit 2: Crap, it happened again.

Last edited:

Suspended
Sep 25, 2010
my safari is also working loads better. before it would beach ball like crazy, and had to force quit at least 10-15 times depending on how much i used it that day.
so far i have had none of these problems......at least with safari :p

DarkestRitual

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2010
DC Met Area
Some issues I've noticed are fixed, others are not. Most notably, at log in, finder still does not automatically load. This isn't solved with a new account, either. A shame! At least my wireless seems to be connecting at sleep, and safari is no longer hemorrhaging memory that I've noticed... that's a plus!

kayellare

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2011
Hey guys! I'm a newbie in town, so I thought this would be a good post to chime in on.
I'm far from an Apple expert, so I'll probably be more of an asker than an answerer.
Anyway, I had no issues upgrading to Lion, and haven't noticed problems with 10.7.1 either.
I did have to reconnect to my internet when it woke up, but it wasn't like what others have been describing. Nothing was lost, I just had to reselect. That went away with .1 though.
Buuut, since I updated, I noticed a little square calendar looking thing with an asterisk in it next to the day/date/time/name on the top right bar. I can't seem to get rid of it. Or is that a new problem? If it is, this might go with this thread, but if not, sorry! Sort of random.. Not important so no use starting a whole new ordeal about it!
Thanks!
K

The Cat Empire

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2011
It still hasn't fixed my freezing issue when trying to watch QuickTime videos on my Mac Pro. I'm getting super annoyed by it.

Lyons00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
Just a thought... If your machine was running Leopard when it had good battery life, your battery is probably dying due to age.

Hi,

Never thought of that. I'm new to Apple MacBook Pro. I bought it as a reconditioned unit in Feb 2011 and it's a mid 2009 MBP. Should I bring it to the Apple store and get it checked out?

Thanks, Jerry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.