Digging the Droid X. iP4 is nice too

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aohus, Aug 28, 2010.

1. aohus macrumors 68000

Took some shots of Motorola's Droid X. I love the build quality and its look and feel. Went from a Blackberry Storm to DX.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Yup, that's a Droid X, thanks for sharing, I had no idea what it looked liked.

Now where is the guy with the Cool Story, Bro image, he needs to come post it here asap.

3. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Thanks for posting those pics and reminding me why I bought an iPhone 4.

4. suade8880 macrumors member

Its okay I guess if you like the size. I tried putting one next to my ear and couldn't pass the feeling of being embarrassed for something that big. One other thing I didn't like about was the strange hump on back where the camera is. Overall it is a nice phone. But I still love my iPhone 4. :)

5. aohus thread starter macrumors 68000

to be honest, one can forego the size issue. I got used to the 4.3 inch screen in a matter of seconds of holding it. With regards to the lens coming out, i can see how that could be a dealbreaker for many who want all sleek.

To be honest I bought the DX for its functionality. I really dig the voice command/voice action feature, as well as Navigation.

6. chembox macrumors 6502a

Android = BEST notification system in any phone OS, a million times better than the iPhone's obtrusive notifications.

Thanks for sharing, OP.

7. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Are those pixels I see? :D

In all seriousness, I fidded with the Droid X at the Verizon store. It's a cool phone, but I don't see how it's much different from other Android phones like the Incredible other than the size. The Droid X seems way to big to be something I'd use. I remember when people were mocking iPhone for being "huge."

8. nexsta macrumors 6502

always seeing the Motorola name and the verizon branding on the front = epic fail, why the shi*ty companys love to place there logos or names on every blank spot they find on the product?

9. silentbob007 macrumors regular

This of course differs from the Apple logo on the back of the iPhone in that ....?

10. NJBlackBerry macrumors member

Have them all. The Droid X brick, the iPhone 4 and a BlackBerry 9800. The Droid X feels like a brick, but I do like the Android OS. Not so sure it is the "best" notification system - I am a long time BB user and like that system - but it is interesting.

11. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

After fiddling with it in the Verizon store I came to the same end as I always do. Phone was nice, OS was clunky and off putting.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm liking my Droid X. The notification system is much cooler then iOS. Widgets, I cannot imagine living w/o widgets, I've gotten so used to them. I don't go over board with them and my battery life isn't bad.

The large screen is very nice. All in all, moto did a great a job, its on verizon so the network is better, and android has advantages that I like, like true actual multitasking

13. Jemi9OD macrumors regular

Jemi9OD

I think he was mainly referring to the Verizon logo on both the front and the back of this phone. I have yet to find the silkscreened AT&T logo on the iPhone 4.

14. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

This is an iPhone forum...how is this thread relevant?

15. shandyman Suspended

+1 another insecure android user looking for iphone people to praise him... oh well. i have better things to do with my life than go on an android forum and post pics of my iPhone 4 looking for some approval...

16. samcraig macrumors P6

I would imagine it's the opposite. Someone is so secure in their phone choice that they are comfortable posting on a forum that will most likely get them bashed. That's not insecurity at all. Now - I agree that the thread is not relevant here.

Better instances of insecurity are all those threads talking about iPhone "killers" and how they fail, etc. As if putting down another phone will make their phone better.

And to everyone else...
    I'll say it once, I'll say it repeatedly. Who cares. Different strokes for different folks. People have different needs and wants whether it's flavors of ice cream, cars or phones. Stop worrying about what your neighbor is buying and just enjoy what you have.

17. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

You answered your own question because the logo is on the back. iPhone doesn't have any logos on the front

18. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

And not to mention the iPhone has no carrier branding at all anywhere on the device

19. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

And the logo isn't ugly text. It's a cool looking picture. :D

I love that the iPhone has no ugly texts/logos on the front of the phone. As I have my phone in a case, I never see the logo on the back either.

20. Mr Bigs macrumors 6502a

Mr Bigs

How can you own an iPhone on AT&T and call the top company shi*ty. Pull your head out of your but.:rolleyes:

21. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

22. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

The only place I've ever seen the AT&T logo is on the iPhone box. It's on the back and it's really small. Take this to an Android/Motorola forum. I don't know why we would discuss this on an iPhone forum.

23. Alxvasqz12 macrumors member

This Has nothing to do with the iPhone so don't put it on this forum

24. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    What is "true actual multitasking"?:confused: