Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aohus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
sky
Took some shots of Motorola's Droid X. I love the build quality and its look and feel. Went from a Blackberry Storm to DX.

4937117478_8c00a5494f_b.jpg

4936530875_bc08cfd5ae_b.jpg

4937117124_29a23b0295_b.jpg

4937116608_ee7b229de9_b.jpg

4936530709_8447a9a899_b.jpg

4937115864_5b97d4b5fd_b.jpg

SJMHP.jpg
r5dCY.jpg

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Yup, that's a Droid X, thanks for sharing, I had no idea what it looked liked.

Now where is the guy with the Cool Story, Bro image, he needs to come post it here asap.

suade8880

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
Its okay I guess if you like the size. I tried putting one next to my ear and couldn't pass the feeling of being embarrassed for something that big. One other thing I didn't like about was the strange hump on back where the camera is. Overall it is a nice phone. But I still love my iPhone 4. :)

aohus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
sky
Its okay I guess if you like the size. I tried putting one next to my ear and couldn't pass the feeling of being embarrassed for something that big. One other thing I didn't like about was the strange hump on back where the camera is. But overall it is a nice phone. But I still love my iPhone 4. :)

to be honest, one can forego the size issue. I got used to the 4.3 inch screen in a matter of seconds of holding it. With regards to the lens coming out, i can see how that could be a dealbreaker for many who want all sleek.

To be honest I bought the DX for its functionality. I really dig the voice command/voice action feature, as well as Navigation.

chembox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
Took some shots of Motorola's Droid X. I love the build quality and its look and feel. Went from a Blackberry Storm to DX.
Android = BEST notification system in any phone OS, a million times better than the iPhone's obtrusive notifications.

Thanks for sharing, OP.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
Are those pixels I see? :D

In all seriousness, I fidded with the Droid X at the Verizon store. It's a cool phone, but I don't see how it's much different from other Android phones like the Incredible other than the size. The Droid X seems way to big to be something I'd use. I remember when people were mocking iPhone for being "huge."

nexsta

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
always seeing the Motorola name and the verizon branding on the front = epic fail, why the shi*ty companys love to place there logos or names on every blank spot they find on the product?

NJBlackBerry

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
Have them all. The Droid X brick, the iPhone 4 and a BlackBerry 9800. The Droid X feels like a brick, but I do like the Android OS. Not so sure it is the "best" notification system - I am a long time BB user and like that system - but it is interesting.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
After fiddling with it in the Verizon store I came to the same end as I always do. Phone was nice, OS was clunky and off putting.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm liking my Droid X. The notification system is much cooler then iOS. Widgets, I cannot imagine living w/o widgets, I've gotten so used to them. I don't go over board with them and my battery life isn't bad.

The large screen is very nice. All in all, moto did a great a job, its on verizon so the network is better, and android has advantages that I like, like true actual multitasking

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
+1 another insecure android user looking for iphone people to praise him... oh well. i have better things to do with my life than go on an android forum and post pics of my iPhone 4 looking for some approval...

I would imagine it's the opposite. Someone is so secure in their phone choice that they are comfortable posting on a forum that will most likely get them bashed. That's not insecurity at all. Now - I agree that the thread is not relevant here.

Better instances of insecurity are all those threads talking about iPhone "killers" and how they fail, etc. As if putting down another phone will make their phone better.

And to everyone else...
I'll say it once, I'll say it repeatedly. Who cares. Different strokes for different folks. People have different needs and wants whether it's flavors of ice cream, cars or phones. Stop worrying about what your neighbor is buying and just enjoy what you have.

wikoogle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
And the logo isn't ugly text. It's a cool looking picture. :D

I love that the iPhone has no ugly texts/logos on the front of the phone. As I have my phone in a case, I never see the logo on the back either.

Mr Bigs

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2010
Bklyn N.Y
always seeing the Motorola name and the verizon branding on the front = epic fail, why the shi*ty companys love to place there logos or names on every blank spot they find on the product?
How can you own an iPhone on AT&T and call the top company shi*ty. Pull your head out of your but.:rolleyes:

iLoveMyApple

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2008
Southern California
The only place I've ever seen the AT&T logo is on the iPhone box. It's on the back and it's really small. Take this to an Android/Motorola forum. I don't know why we would discuss this on an iPhone forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.