Disgusted with apple!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kevmos27, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Kevmos27 macrumors newbie

Living nightmare iMac 27inch dusty macs
    Really don't know where to start with this but hear goes,
    I purchased an iMac 27inch 2.7 ghz at the end of June since then I have not seen my mac, I have had 5 iMacs, all with dust in the and cosmetic damage,
    the first I mac I had came with a defective hard drive I was reluctant to. Have it repaired but went ahead and it came back from the the repair centre with a with dust and cosmetic scratches so far I have had 5 macs and the fith one still has dust particle in it so far I have endured

5 macs
    10 couriers drop offs and collections
    Over 100 hours on the phone to apple
    8 visits to the repair centre
    8 weeks without a computer which I need for the work I do

I have asked exc customer re atoms for compensation they have refused, point blank, saying they have upgraded it to the higher spec model,(they did this due to the fact I had four faulty defective ones) I never asked for an upgraded model

Have sent a fax direct to the CEO of apple and it keeps getting passed down to the cork office, I don't want a response from the cork office, I have sent further faxes to the USA fao of the CEO and still they get passed to the cork office I have asked for at least 50 percent of compensation for everything I have endured, and this one member of the exc relations refuses point blank to offer anything I just want them to compromise but they refuse, so my next step is BBC watchdog and to other establishments such as trading standards, I wish I never brought this dusty mac, I never wanted one with White dust particles in it, so I'm no where resolved with this matter as far as they are concerned the matter is closed, but far from it I won't let this drop,

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions please leave a message
    Thank you

Does anyone have the CEO apple head office address as I will be writing a letter direct, as my faxes just seam to get passed back to the cork office

Disgusted apple customer

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

3. Kevmos27 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

If it's so important for your job, can't you use it with a little dust around? Even cosmetic scratches aren't going to stop it from working.

5. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

A broken hard drive is legitimate. Egregious cosmetic defects are also legitimate. However, at some point, one starts to wonder if the owner is being unreasonably perfectionist.

6. misterbee macrumors newbie

my suggestion

If you aren't satisfied, please return it, get a refund, and go buy another computer, from some other manufacturer. See if you can find a better computer from another manufacturer. Or build one yourself. If having dust on your computer is your issue, then I doubt you will ever be satisfied.

7. Kevmos27, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011

Kevmos27 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mister bee get real! Would you want to buy a new computer with full of dust particles I'm sure you wouldn't!,,,,

----------

It's a personal computer and would you want a new mac with dust particles in it I don't think so some how

8. dangerfish macrumors 6502

I buy a new Mac at least once a year. I' addicted. :)Currently own 4 in my household. A top of the line 27" iMac and a top spec 13"
    Air are the two that I use daily. So I spend a hefty sum on my computers. I would NEVER consider sending back a computer for a little scratch or dust under the screen. If the dust bothers you that bad, pull the glass up and blow it out. Not that hard.
    My iMac even has some light bleeding from the display. Oh the horror! But apparently it has no impact on my ability to surf or compose Word documents.
    Don't be so picky.

9. Kevmos27 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not dust on the computer it's inside the screen

----------

So if I pull the screen of won't it defect the warranty, and wouldn't more dust get into the screen for that case

10. misterbee macrumors newbie

Get rid of it!

If you aren't happy with it after all you have been through, maybe Apple computers just aren't for you. Please, go buy something else.

11. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

If I dropped that much money on a device I'd like it fault/dust/scratch free.

It seems to be a fairly common issue, however when on it's usually not that noticeable - annoying though. If you want a dust free Apple computer you need to look at the Mac Pro or Mac Mini

(awaits -1's)

12. mstrze, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011

mstrze macrumors 68000

It's a piece of glass that is easily removable with a suction cup or even some tape. No warranty violation at all. The glass is held in place by magnets. Pop it off, spray some canned air to remove the dust and repeat as many times as your OCD deems necessary.

EDIT: Really? A '-1' for explaining to the OP how to clean his screen??

13. Fuchal macrumors 68020

You can pull the glass off with a single fingernail at the top center.

14. georgee2face macrumors member

I've done this on older macs. But for me, scratches and dust under glass that happened while not in my possession would NOT be acceptable under any condition. Accepting a monitor or MBA with light bleed or pixel drop would not be acceptable. I think the OP got a bum deal, and if he's truthful, continued to get one.

I too have a ton of Apple products. I pay the best price for the best product. I do not accept defective, scratched, or otherwise damaged goods.

If it happens while Im using it, the scratches, dings and dust are mine.
    G

15. dangerfish macrumors 6502

This is what I consider unacceptable. No way would I have wasted this much of my life on these issues. You have to send it back for the hard drive problem but the dust could have been fixed in 30 minutes if it was that big of a deal and a scratch isn't worth 100 hours of my time.

16. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I guess I'm the only one who thinks this is, um, how should I say this...less than totally based in reality.

I guess I've become a distrustful cynic in my old age, but this whole story sound just a tiny bit like b*******t. :rolleyes:

17. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Fair enough. However I've learned never to underestimate the rabid perfectionism of some Apple fans.

18. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Some people's time is worth less than others. In this case, the OP's time is obviously worth much less than the time they could have spent using the computer for their business, regardless of the cosmetic "defects". First world problems I guess...

Oh, and OP, good luck with the "BBC Watchdog" argument. I know people at the BBC, and they wouldn't give you the time of day. That being said, if you're such a "disgusted Apple customer"....return the iMac and buy an HP, I hear they're great at manufacturing quality hardware these days...

19. DeaconGTG macrumors member

If you do plan on writing a formal complaint to Apple I'd be sure to grammar check it.

In all honesty, if you are that disgusted and can't get a result you need to contact a lawyer.

20. jtara macrumors 65816

Maybe one that specializes in dust mite litigation?

In a closely-related subject, I read that there's a rising problem now with over-use of pesticides used to eradicate the recent scourge of bedbugs in hotels.

What's an establishment to do? The bedbugs are actually quite a bit less dangerous than the pesticides. But the bedbugs are icky.

Can't wait to see the lawsuits!

Yea. Go ahead and retain an attorney over dust in your iMac.

21. DeaconGTG macrumors member

I'm not saying I would do it (not worth it), but if he's that disgusted and if he can't get Apple to pay attention, he might consider it.

Or at least consider hiring someone that can write better than he can to draft his letters. That may be the reason why he keeps getting ignored.

22. chown33 macrumors 604

It doesn't sound like a bar-fight to me, but it might start one.

23. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

how ironic ... my Grandma was always whining about dust too.

24. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

First off, why would you think the CEO of an ~76 billion dollar company would be the one to handle upset customers?

And, you can send mail to
    1 infinite loop
    Cupertino, CA, 95014
    United States

Or you could email tcook@apple.com or sjobs@apple.com.

25. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

How many want to bet that the OP never shows up again because this story is too incredibly insane to be believed? There is no way a rational person would have put this much time and effort in over dust and a bad HDD.