Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

An hour-long interactive and immersive Disney+ story is coming to the Apple Vision Pro in the near future, according to an announcement from Marvel Studios. The Disney+ original is connected to the "What If…? animated series and it will be released as a new app for the Vision Pro.

marvel-vision-pro-immersive-story.jpg

What If…? reimagines events from the Marvel Cinematic Universe in unexpected ways, and with the Vision Pro experience, fans are able to step into the leading of an immersive story that transforms the space around them as they journey across realities.

There are multiversal variants of key Marvel characters, chances to learn mystic arts, and an opportunity to harness the power of the Infinity Stones. Marvel says that users will “cross between augmented and virtual reality” while going through the narrative adventure, interacting with the world using their hands and eyes.

The experience includes “breathtaking environments” of new and iconic MCU locations, with stunning visuals and support for spatial audio. There is no specific release date for “What If…? An Immersive Story,” but Marvel says that more information will be coming soon.

Article Link: Disney+ Launching Exclusive Marvel Immersive Story for Apple Vision Pro

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
Should be great for the super richy rich kids out there!

Good time to get one preowned.
AVP's have been flooding FB and CL around me ... for 60-80% of what the folks paid

Mega "ouch"

Their own fault for not returning it when they could though -- the writing has been on the wall here since day one

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Should be great for the super richy rich kids out there!

Good time to get one preowned.
AVP's have been flooding FB and CL around me ... for 60-80% of what the folks paid

Mega "ouch"

Their own fault for not returning it when they could though -- the writing has been on the wall here since day one
Why are you so concerned with how us “super richy rich kids” spend our money? I use mine everyday and thoroughly enjoy it. I also use my Quest 3 everyday as well.

cateye

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
There are multiversal variants of key Marvel characters, chances to learn mystic arts, and an opportunity to harness the power of the Infinity Stones.

(laughter abating, wiping eyes) Apple, despite its best efforts, has a long and rich history of occasionally abetting in its own satire. Being so gosh darn earnest all the time has its risks. But the various pieces of the AVP experience, and the disconnect between the over-stuffed pretense and the actual delivery, is deeply satisfying on a whole new level. Just... (chef's kiss)

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
It almost seems like Vision was pushed out before it was ready and Apple’s closest partner had to scramble to create content for it. Almost.
Disney already went the distance to exclusively provide quite a lot of Disneys titles 3D content for AVP users during the maiden launch of Apple's AVP. This hour long content is just a marketing ploy to remind Marvel fans that the AVP offers more with that and the 3D content too. I think its also means that the available 3D content is not being watched by that many subscribers? :eek: ;)

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
I wonder how many own goals Apple is going to put in the net here before finally just quietly putting the AVP out to pasture.

What an embarrassment of a product and launch

This is making the HomePod, AirPods Max, 2013 Mac Pro and even the TouchBar look really good

Nothing can touch the "whiff" of the butterfly keyboards.
That was an all timer Tim Cook era mistake that he gets to wear ... forever

(before folks explode -- I have an own and enjoy my APM's -- but they are heavy, overpriced and have a sort of half baked feature set and execution ... I'm criticizing something I own and use here...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.