Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Does anybody give a toss about any of this anymore? Diminishing returns all round, comes down to your choice of software at this point really.

Unfortunately yes. To a lot of people it's like a religion. And just like religion, there will be some people who hold those beliefs so strongly that they insist all other beliefs—opinions—are wrong.

It's like 10x worse on a site like this. It brings out the passionate fans and the passionate critics alike.

Reactions: nordique and I7guy

iNM9488

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2016
You do know that before iPhone X the best display was Samsung Note8?

So Samsung had the best display, then Samsung gave an even better to Apple and now Samsung gives an even better to them self.

Its not thanks to Apple, its thanks to ordinary Hardware evolution.
I guess you need to update your knowledge about Apple. Display is made by shamesung but it’s designed by Apple itself. Shamesung just manufactured the displays for iPhone X. And now when they actually have the technology of iPhone X display they can just add more resolution & pixel count to make It better. Easy task huh...

Applemaniac7

Suspended
Mar 2, 2018
So Cal.
I guess you need to update your knowledge about Apple. Display is made by shamesung but it’s designed by Apple itself. Shamesung just manufactured the displays for iPhone X. And now when they actually have the technology of iPhone X display they can just add more resolution & pixel count to make It better. Easy task huh...
Since when did adding more pixels to a display the human cant detect pixels at, make it better... and I'm not talking about the embarrassing 640p sub hd original retina display. But their 2k displays are already pixel perfect. You need to come up with more original material my friend. , oh, and the childish name calling.. not really in keeping with the usual adult posts on this forum.

Reactions: Dave.UK

ctrlzone

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2017
the stupid edges make all this phones the worst of all time for me.
text on websites on the edge is distorted and the whole browsing experience is awful to say the least.

my last experience was an older model but i doubt they changed that, because it looks good.

sumsingwong

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2012

I guess you need to update your knowledge about intellectual property. Samsung can’t use iPhone X display design and calibration or even improve on it on their devices.

Applemaniac7

Suspended
Mar 2, 2018
So Cal.
the stupid edges make all this phones the worst of all time for me.
text on websites on the edge is distorted and the whole browsing experience is awful to say the least.

my last experience was an older model but i doubt they changed that, because it looks good.
Absolute poppy coco, I have a s7 edge as a work phone, there is zero distorton reading texts on the sides. Anyone says differently and they have never used one..

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Some appologist zealots claim that the notch enlarged screens - as they'd never seen a bigger screen before the notch appeared.
The Cookette damage to the free mind is epic.

They're technically not wrong though. It's like looking at a glass half empty for most and half full for others.

jdsingle

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
Unfortunately, people here are actually embracing the 'notch' - like if a smartphone doesn't have a notch, it sucks. This is why people don't respect Apple fans.

Since when does obscuring part of screen is selling point?! Does that mean all prior iPhones were inferior because they didn't have this 'beautiful notch' or can someone please admit it is a compromise and the ideal solution is no notch?

I wasn't aware I needed others to respect that I like Apple products. This is paradigm shifting in my life. What other things do I own that aren't commanding respect of the plebes?

Last edited:
Reactions: ErikGrim

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
How do the bezels obscure the screen when not one part of a video or image is blocked? You can’t say that for the notch. If you go full screen on a photo you take or YouTube video, the notch does obscure.
If you go full screen on a photo or video you are obscuring way more than the the notch mate.

iamtheonlyone4ever

Suspended
May 27, 2016
mac rumor was replaced by iOS rumors but then iOS rumors was replaced for Samsung rumors
i only care about apple devices, i don't care about google, samsung or microcrap
stick to your roots

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
mac rumor was replaced by iOS rumors but then iOS rumors was replaced for Samsung rumors
i only care about apple devices, i don't care about google, samsung or microcrap
stick to your roots
Wut???

Nothing was "replaced." Just added.

If you don't want to read about Samsung, why are you clicking on the link for an article about Samsung?

Also, it's a COMPARATIVE piece. Samsung vs Apple. Hence Apple is involved too.

Sheesh.

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
>> Some appologist zealots claim that the notch enlarged screens - as they'd never seen a bigger screen before the notch appeared. The Cookette damage to the free mind is epic.

They're technically not wrong though. It's like looking at a glass half empty for most and half full for others.
If you think so, I'd advise you to stick extra black tape onto your screen to make it even bigger

iamtheonlyone4ever

Suspended
May 27, 2016
Wut???

Nothing was "replaced." Just added.

If you don't want to read about Samsung, why are you clicking on the link for an article about Samsung?

Also, it's a COMPARATIVE piece. Samsung vs Apple. Hence Apple is involved too.

Sheesh.
Why Do You Ask Questions To Which You Already Know The Answers

Reactions: john123

oyabroch!

Suspended
Jan 8, 2018
As always, the great internet masses willfully miss the point

It's not about the raw specs you MORONS.

Burger Thing

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2009
Around the World
If you go full screen on a photo or video you are obscuring way more than the the notch mate.

Yeah, right. :p:p:p

Oh, bummer. When I bought my iPhone, it was advertised to have a 5.5" screen. When I looked at some pictures and videos in full screen mode, I could have sworn to see 5.5" media. Maybe was wrong? :rolleyes:

If you think so, I'd advise you to stick extra black tape onto your screen to make it even bigger

This thread, while a relatively slow burner, really does contain some new pearl of wisdoms (just shy of the Airpod is a 7.1 Surround Sound). Apparently now a phone with bezels is obscuring media while a phone with a notch protruding into the screen is not. The stupidity posted here is really worrying and entertaining at the same time :eek:

Blaze4G

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2015
Lmao spewing garbage. You think Apple is going to give away their patented design for Samsung to use in their own phones? Sigh how old are you?

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Yeah, right.
This thread, while a relatively slow burner, really does contain some new pearl of wisdoms (just shy of the Airpod is a 7.1 Surround Sound). Apparently now a phone with bezels is obscuring media while a phone with a notch protruding into the screen is not. The stupidity posted here is really worrying and entertaining at the same time :eek:
Some people need a chisel to find out about screen estate obscured by the notch.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.