Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Pretty emotional when Andy is playing with the toys one last time, when the toys are sliding into the incinerator and reaching out for each others hands... if you didn't choke up for a second you probably need your soul spoon fed to you. I do agree that beginning of UP gets me every time! :( :eek:

This actually happens? I don't even want to see the movie now!

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
The last movie that effected me to any degree was the whole elevator/roof scene at the end of Vanilla Sky. I'm weird for a day or two after I watch that movie.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I've never seen it so I just Googled the ending scene. I ended up watching the ending which was remixed with the "Moving On" song from "Lost" with the voices muted upon the unpacking of the box, this seemed really appropriate and did make me tear up.

Then I realized that was not the original and found it. The original ending was not very sad.

If you want to see a truly heart wrenching ending google "Toy Story 3 Ending Lost Moving On". This is how it should of ended so everyone would leave the theater depressed possibly suicidal:eek:.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
This is how it should of ended so everyone would leave the theater depressed possibly suicidal:eek:.

Product placement, for mortuaries? :p
e50.gif

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
It was sad at the end for me, but I thought it was a nice film. I think all the Pixar films are just great. Haven't seen any of them in HD but I imagine they look gorgeous.

AndyR

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
I didn't cry when they were heading towards the incinerator and Jesse asks Buzz if they will be alright, and he just looks at her.......

BUT, i did get something in my eye! Damdest thing that.. :rolleyes:

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
I'm a proud straight man, but have teared up at multiple movies/t.v. shows over the past few years. However, Toy Story 3 wasn't one of them.

runlsd

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2009
The closest I've come to crying watching Toy Story is when the song "When She Loved Me" started playing. I forgot if that's from I or II.

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
I''ll admit I cried the first time I saw it. Not the part at the dump but the very end. I have cried just about everytime I have watched it since then also.

I give Pixar credit, they have really taken their movies to the extremes lately. So much intensity and all, it is good and I like it. They truly make the best movies.

The closest I've come to crying watching Toy Story is when the song "When She Loved Me" started playing. I forgot if that's from I or II.

That's from Toy Story 2 when Jessie is telling about her times with Emily.

SuperCachetes

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2010
Away from you
Haven't seen it. Not real big on the Toy Story franchise. But...

Nope. Not at all.
The intro to Up did though... watched it with family and I was trying really hard to hold those tears back.

Yep. And...

The last movie that effected me to any degree was the whole elevator/roof scene at the end of Vanilla Sky. I'm weird for a day or two after I watch that movie.

Yep. Though seeing the scene with Penelope Cruz' bare breasts also affects me to some degree. :D

Another one that leaves me weird is American Beauty.

Young Spade

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Looking forward to watching it :) I have it on my HDD however I just haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I teared up in Pursuit of Happiness and a few other movies though.

steadysignal

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2010
Just watching the last two scenes again, and it didn't take me long to tear up. I know when my friends and I went to see it in theaters last year, all the guys were pretty choked up. Is this the case with the rest of you?

i think i was sad because i wasted two hours of my life watching it.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Yep. Though seeing the scene with Penelope Cruz' bare breasts also affects me to some degree. :D

Yes, but if you want to see Penelope's boobs there are better movies with which to indulge yourself, I believe.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.