Do I have a reservation or not!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deannnnn, Jun 15, 2010.

1. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I just posted this inside of a thread to avoid creating a new one of these incredibly annoying threads but I don't post many new threads ever so cut me a break, okay? ;)

PEOPLE WHO HAVE FINISHED YOUR ORDER SUCCESSFULLY, maybe you guys can help me.

I have been trying literally for the past nine hours to get my pre-order in, and something strange just happened.

I've made it to this page several times today:
    [​IMG]

And it has given me an error every single time I select Aventura. But this time, it took me directly to this page:
    [​IMG]

That can't be right can it?!

I've now gone through the whole process two more times and end up at this new "see you at the store" page. But I don't have a confirmation number or an e-mail confirmation. They don't even have my e-mail! They didn't ask me for any information outside of my wireless number, zip, and social.

There is no option to proceed from this page or anything, and it seems to be incorrectly formatted.

Do I have a reservation or not?!

Thanks, and feel free to refer me somewhere else if this has been discussed already today.

2. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I don't think this actually guarantees you anything, iirc.

3. deannnnn thread starter macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Yeah it seems that way.
    What should I do?

4. Mosco macrumors regular

It seems like you have got caught in a glitch that seems to be hitting some people.

You should have gotten an email.

Do you have an iphone already?

5. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I guess that's the only option since AT&T seems to be down. You could try Best Buy. Or go get in line on the 24th. This whole thing is a cluster ****. Sorry for ya. I was able to preorder on AT&T this morning but it hasn't gone thru, so I reserved one at BB and will cancel the AT&T one when things settle a bit.

6. tritonj macrumors 6502a

i got the same screen and then the next screen is, so hopefully means it went through, no e-mail yet, i'll probably stop by a store on my way home and double check

Attached Files:

7. Mosco macrumors regular

If you have an iphone already, you can try using the apple store app to make a new reservation. When I select the store that I chose, I can see that it has a record of my reservation for that store that I had submitted via the web at around 8 AM.

If you don't have an iphone, you can either do what the person above me said, or maybe just wait to see if things get better tomorrow.

8. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I got this page when I tried to reserve my 16GB. I tried it again since I figured it was a glitch and it's saying $699 for the 32GB (I changed my mind ;)) I guess I'll just wait till the 24th. If I don't hear anything, I'll just chill for the white iPhone

9. dandill23 macrumors member

i didn't get an email either becaue it never asked me for my apple login. i don't know about your glitch but i feel confident because they have all my info they need (phone number and social security)

10. deannnnn thread starter macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I do have an iPhone, and I tried the app. It just gives me an error!

It SHOULD have given me an order number or a confirmation number, correct?

11. deannnnn thread starter macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Did it ask you for a credit card number?

I think I'm going to head over to Aventura Mall tomorrow and see if they have my reservation. Or maybe I'll just give them a call if I can get through.

12. Mosco macrumors regular

There is no number. Just an email.

So although there is no number, it will show up as a reservation for the store if you log in with your apple id, and they do provide a link to cancel.

13. CoryBoyUSA macrumors member

The exact same thing happened to me earlier as well, the ONLY time I was able to progress past the choice of store. The system's already told me I owe a deposit, which I must pay in store, so I already knew what the left side of the screen should have said. So I'm also hoping this means I'm all set. Of the three stores here in Vegas, I chose the one inside the most touristy mall in town, hoping fewer locals would go to that one and therefore have a shorter line. :)

14. dandill23 macrumors member

my question is to everyone:

if it didn't ask you for an apple login are you in trouble?

15. letswastetime macrumors regular

I got the same page. I am a new customer to at&t though, dont know if that makes a difference. but when it did ask for my info...it asked for name, phone number, social #, and also my email....but i have yet to receive anything.

i dont own an iphone but when my roommate gets home im going to use hers and try to reserve it just in case.

they wont charge my itunes account if i reserve it through the iphone apple store app right?

16. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I went through the same as you but I just checked on the Apple Store app and it's showing that I have a reservation. What a relief.

17. dandill23 macrumors member

where do you go within the app to see that?

18. Mosco macrumors regular

Click stores on the bottom. You have to find the store your reserved at. On the store's page there is a tab that says "reservations".

19. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

Op - I was in the same boat - it never asked me for any additional information other than phone number, zip, and SSN.

I just tried again, and after selecting the store to reserve, it took me to a page to log in to my apple account, then showed me a confirmation page. Also, previously the Apple Store app didn't show my reservation, but now it does.

So I would say keep trying until it asks you to log in.

20. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Here is how to check your reservation to make sure it is in the Apple system.
    1. Go to apple.com
    2. Select apple retail store at the bottom of the main page.
    3. Select the store that you reserved the phone for and go to their retail page.
    4. Up towards the upper right of the screen you will see in blue "check my reservations."
    5. Click on above and you will sign in with your apple ID and be able to check that the phone is reserved.

I suggest everyone who has done this, check it out to make sure. :). Hope this helps.

21. SDNikki macrumors member

How did you check this on the Apple Store app? I got the email but am curious now...

ETA: I checked on the online apple retailer but they do NOT have my reservation... however I did find it on the app... soooo confused :(

22. deannnnn thread starter macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Ugh, my reservation does not show up there.

And it looks like they've stopped pre-ordering via iPhone.

23. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

See above :)

24. joecg macrumors member

I don't have anything listed under reservations but I received a conformation email?

25. letswastetime macrumors regular

thanks for that! my reservation didnt show up either...argh trying again... :confused: