Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hello Mac friends, do rechargeable lithium-ion batteries leak if you leave it almost for months to even years in a mouse (it's a back-up Magic Mouse, the first Magic Mouse a back-up for the Magic Mouse) or gadget like a flashlight?

Thank you. Have a very blessed day and year.

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
In 10+ years have never had a problem with Eneloops, of which I have about 30.
btw, Li-ion AA batteries are 1.2V not 1.5V (nominal voltages), but seem to work OK in mouse, although may as a result show as never fully charged.

Last edited:

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
I had about 4 dead and leaking Eneloop AA batteries, among the 20 bought and used in the last 10 years.
1.2V AA batteries has shorter life per charge in my mouse, about 60% or something comparing to a normal alkaline AA battery. But they are rechargeable for several hundred times...

Reactions: Alvin777

Mark.g4

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2023
I have a long experience with torches and lithium batteries and it is never a good idea to leave the batteries in the devices for months on standby.

I'm also thinking of switching to lithium batteries in my old magic keyboard and magic mouse.

I'm thinking of buying Xtar AA Li-ion 2000mAh, 1.5V with protection circuit or Keeppower 1950mAh.

After all these years the old Ni-mhs have reached the end of their life.

Reactions: Alvin777
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.