DO YOU CHEAT on your exams, Girlfriends or work ???

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by deorg, Nov 24, 2008.

1. deorg macrumors 6502

deorg

Im about to do a paper on this issue,
    I personaly have cheated with my GF a couple of times with help of booze, but im solo right now for OTHERS reasons...

any comments, experiences or just YES I CHEAT in exams would be great...

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I've never cheated on any exams, mostly because I have never really had the resources to cheat "successfully". I actually got my test taken away in Geology class because I glanced at my phone before the test had even started lol. I guess I get what I deserve haha. ;)

3. deorg thread starter macrumors 6502

deorg

well my friend you are the exeption, in my book

4. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I've never cheated on a test or a girlfriend. :D

5. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

i've cheated on chemistry tests before, via inputing information in my graphing calcultor in which i view while taking the test, and we need calculators so im able to do it easily, but i dunno i stopped doing it cuz its kind of scary and hard to view it when the teacher is looking around and stuff but i dunno, cheating is bad and tiresome.

6. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I've never cheated on any test, and I've certainly never cheated on my girlfriend.

7. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

I don't cheat on anything. I suppose I just like knowing, that when I reach a goal, I did so honestly and independently.

8. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I cheated on some of my Algebra tests. It was when the TI-82's had been out for a couple of years. I used to make programs that would allow you to enter a couple of numbers and it would do all the work. This was so I didn't have to remember the equations and I could check my answers to see if they were correct. This is when I first realized that I wanted to be a computer programmer. So in a way, cheating on those tests made me realize what career path I wanted.

I've never cheated on past girlfriends or my wife. I don't know how to cheat at work.

9. deorg thread starter macrumors 6502

deorg

Well A lot of people have cheated on those lovely calculators...
    And well you CAN cheat at work, for example cheat work from other colages, or just lie about it, or copy it.

10. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yes, I'm cheating on this question right now -- especially if it'll be part of a paper.

So nice to help throw off the curve.

11. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

Exams: No, it's more work to cheat than to study.
    Girlfriend: No, I've never had one so I wouldn't screw everything up by cheating.
    Work: I don't have a job.

12. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Depends on the class. When I was taking monotonous GE classes that were 600 page books with a quiz I would 'make arrangements to perform better.'

Quantum Physics and I just eat up material, go to countless study groups, talk to the teacher after class. It would be slower and less successful to cheat.

Never cheated on a girlfriend although there have been some VERY gray areas where I fooled around during 'the break.'

13. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

No, no, and I'm not sure what you mean by "work." I'd have to say no to that one as well. ?

14. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Drug test, health exam, etc. :confused:

15. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

I ve never cheated on a g/f...that's all I'm saying

16. deorg thread starter macrumors 6502

deorg

LOL those GRAY AREAS KEEP COLORING MY DAYS

17. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

I cheated on a chemistry test in high school, some 10 years ago or so. Never since, through 9 years of college. Never cheated on a girlfriend. I have had sex at work a few times, though... is that cheating on the job?

18. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Exams: If you don't know it then why the hell are you there?
    GF/Wife: Never
    Work: Of course.

19. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

No no, and umm guess not.

Like some said, it's more work to cheat than it is to study. You mess up studying, you get a D or even a F, and that's it, just letters on a paper. You mess up cheating, you can get your ass booted, and essentially blacklisted for a long time, which leads to your life getting a high chance of being ****ed.

Yeah, I'll take studying over cheating anyday.

Never cheated on my girlfriends. Just think of how I'd feel if they did cheat on me, that's sufficiently convincing by itself.

Work, well I didn't work much yet, and what little I did, I don't know how I'd cheat. I just do as I'm told, get paid and go home.

20. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I've cheated but to me, doing so indicates that the thing/person that was being cheated upon on did not mean enough to inspire to do things the right way.

21. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Never cheated myself though I once helped a friend cheat in a french exam.

I've "cheated" though with permission, I've never been a fan of closed relationships.

If someone's paying me to do something I'll do it honestly and to the best of my ability.

22. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

I cheated on small tests in school, but I could never cheat on my boyfriend.

23. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Never. You're only cheating yourself if you do :)

[Unless it's Monopoly. Cheating in Monopoly is part of the game.]

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I cheated once in a test, though it was a standard one (not GSCE or anything). I scrawled out the world Mesopotamia on my pencil case for some reason and the question didn't come up. But I tried :eek:

Could never cheat on my girlfriend. I've got everything I need with her and wouldn't be daft enough to risk it all cheating on her.

Used to cheat in games when I was a kid but realised in my teens that it makes them boring.

25. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Probably on a couple of very small tests/quizzes in highschool. Been a long time and can't remember any of the specifics.