Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you "dunk" your PB&J?

• Yes

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • No Ewwww!!

Votes: 97 85.1%

• Total voters

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Admittedly, the only PBJ I've ever liked was using orange marmalade. You may think it's disgusting, but it's glorious.

Reactions: jbarley

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I dunk tea biscuits or biscotti, into covfefe, which I take with heated skim milk.

And once in awhile little pretzels, in sweet-hot chili sauce.

Peanut butter and jelly doesn't happen in my house. I like crunchy peanut butter and a tiny bit of mayo on toasted multigrain bread once in awhile for breakfast.

the only PBJ I've ever liked was using orange marmalade.

That I can almost imagine trying on some winter mid-morning.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
That I can almost imagine trying on some winter mid-morning.
Try it! It's very good. Alternatively, if you're particularly adventurous, apple butter works as well.
[doublepost=1503536876][/doublepost]
I can accept that combo as long as you aren't one of those milk dunking folk.
Oh, no. I've never really dunked food in milk before. The way I do it is I take a bite or two of food, chew well and then take a short sip of piping hot milk. It works. By the end, I have quite a bit of milk remaining I drink to cleanse the palette, so to speak. Though, I usually then have some tea, preferably green, the actually cleanse my mouth of the milk aftertaste and whatever food is still around.

I do dunk tea biscuits (digestives for our UK pals) in tea, though.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
Admittedly, the only PBJ I've ever liked was using orange marmalade. You may think it's disgusting, but it's glorious.
Paddington ... is that you?

3111-400x300.jpg

Reactions: 0388631 and LizKat

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
I don't dunk anything into any drink. Aside from a straw or perhaps a spoon, I don't put anything into a drink unless I plan to leave it there.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Update:

Plum preserves are also delicious on peanut butter and toast. As long as it's tart and sweet.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Update:

Plum preserves are also delicious on peanut butter and toast. As long as it's tart and sweet.

Seedless Blackberry Smuckers. I might make one in a few ... though we've had cheese, more cheese, some 3rd cheese, lots of [various] olives, some excellent Boars Head uncured dry italian salame, fresh made wings (good sourced greenwise wings) and lots and lots of different bevs :D

My current fave: Bundaberg diet ginger beer, with a nice shake of extra Hella ginger bitters and Fords Gin.

Who likes Apple Butter? I'm talking a good Irish recipe, not the brown HFC they sell in the stores ...

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
I couldn't stand PB for about a decade because of that one time it had honey mixed in which was unexpected. It took Reces Pieces to get me back, and that's not real PB.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
So weird how some threads get bumped multiple times over a decade or more. There really should be a time registered requirement to post in such old threads.

Soggy bread is one of the most disgusting things to me, so no way could I do this. If it was not for the soggy bread, I would be more willing to try.

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
So weird how some threads get bumped multiple times over a decade or more. There really should be a time registered requirement to post in such old threads.

Soggy bread is one of the most disgusting things to me, so no way could I do this. If it was not for the soggy bread, I would be more willing to try.
How do you eat stuffing?

There was a rash of 1 post wonders today.

I'll even eat bread pudding. Or french toast casserole.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.