Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you find members of the opposite sex with an iPhone more attractive?

• Yes!

Votes: 159 40.5%
  • No!

Votes: 43 10.9%
  • Don't care!

Votes: 183 46.6%
  • Android is sexy!

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters

AreYouIn?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
I missed the girl input - sorry!

But i have to say, having gone thru a nasty divorce, I'm not really a big fan of the male version of the species right now! :D

Although I do have a crush on someone, and I think he has a BB and pager, but all can be forgiven if they are work issued right????

Anyway, I'm still too old for the thread :eek:

No biggie. The last girl I was involved with is a huge BB fan, though she is considering switching now that she has an iPad and sprint got the iPhone.

I second what Shrink said below me. Never too old! My 80 year old grandmother was still dating!

Last edited:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I missed the girl input - sorry!

But i have to say, having gone thru a nasty divorce, I'm not really a big fan of the male version of the species right now! :D

Although I do have a crush on someone, and I think he has a BB and pager, but all can be forgiven if they are work issued right????

Anyway, I'm still too old for the thread :eek:

Never too old, Tracy, never too old. Look at iJohnHnery (and me). We're folks of a certain age. ;) :D

(Especially iJohn. :eek:)

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
Ummm, no.

If you are attracting someone based on your choice of smartphone, I wouldn't walk, I'd run away as far and fast as I could....

Well yeah, but if they have a superior smartphone, that means they have something in common with you - you both think Apple stuff is the best! Hence you have an iPhone! That alone makes it sexy.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Well yeah, but if they have a superior smartphone, that means they have something in common with you - you both think Apple stuff is the best! Hence you have an iPhone! That alone makes it sexy.

I guess we just have a difference of opinion on what "sexy" means... :cool:

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2009
New York
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

No. 3.5" isn't big enough for me.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Maybe the OP should go ask Siri if she finds him attractive? :D

About 40% who voted yes really need to get a real girlfriend.

There should be a poll for people only attracted to the same sex. I bet the vote for "yes" would be even higher as long as they have an app called Grindr and are getting laid alot more than heterosexual men with iPhones.

Hilarious read -

Soliciting iPhone Hookups Using Grindr vs. Blendr

​One guy lived in my building and was 153 feet away from me. That's a ******** hallway, people. To put it into perspective, I'm closer to a blowjob than to my car.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
Absolutely.

No way I would **** a hot chick if she didn't have an iPhone.

Gotta go..need to get back to browsing tech forums and giving my opinion on Android vs. iOS on this beautiful, sunny, S. Florida day.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Never too old, Tracy, never too old. Look at iJohnHnery (and me). We're folks of a certain age. ;) :D

(Especially iJohn. :eek:)
Hmmm, I live near lots of folks of a certain age.... They do know how to have fun! :cool:

No biggie. The last girl I was involved with is a huge BB fan, though she is considering switching now that she has an iPad and sprint got the iPhone.

I second what Shrink said below me. Never too old! My 80 year old grandmother was still dating!
I just feel too old for the thread.... I mean, I have a daughter as old as the kid that started it. And no, she doesn't have an iPhone, but probably would think a guy was cuter if he had one :rolleyes:

Absolutely.

No way I would **** a hot chick if she didn't have an iPhone.

Gotta go..need to get back to browsing tech forums and giving my opinion on Android vs. iOS on this beautiful, sunny, S. Florida day.

Sun?? Raining up here!

DDar

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2007
You saw this on a commercial, and it's one of the most retarded things I've ever heard...

bigjobby

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2010
London, UK
Normally I find hot looking girls a turn off when they open their mouths and start talking like a complete slapper. But if they were talking into an iPhone, my opinions suddenly changes... amazing!

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Not sure if this was said already, but I just saw a match.com commercial while watching tosh.0

Girl: I just read that people who own iPhones have more sex.
Narrorator: 1 in 5 relationships now begin on an online dating site
Guy: I have a Droid
Girl: Awkward

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
In the right hands a windows phone could be a considerable fire-starter. I've never even seen one, so if I met someone with one, I'd probably ask for a look.

Also a woman (I'm old enough to prefer women over girls) with a windows phone might even be a computer programmer for Microsoft. BRAINS... oh my (fans self) (sky high earning power doesn't hurt either).

(Sorry I can't think of many reasons why one would have a windows phone apart from being a programmer at Microsoft at the windows phone department. I do know they've been well reviewed by the media but they're not selling like umm iPhones.)

EDIT: damn I didn't realise I was engaging in thread necrophilism. I blame the new site layout. Or something.

Last edited:

Gualwer

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2015
Only if she looks like this.

759af8370ef71ef4e7be0871c0748109.jpg

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Only real geeks would let a phone determine how attractive someone is. Dumbest thing I ever heard as i said four years ago. Why even revive this thread?

Last edited:

Ambrose023

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2015
Apple is growing on my region, I will say.
We just got a new Apple store, that is a lot closer to me than the 3 in the state.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.