Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
OT: local storage capacity

Off-topic from fatigue, but relevant to comments such as this:

… If the base model was at least 64gb …

To anyone who's concerned about local storage capacity: maybe wait until WWDC (commencing June 2015) before purchasing decisions involving Apple notebooks and/or devices running iOS.

I can't comment on costs but there is, I think, a slim possibility of improvements to storage systems that will allow some customers to take a more relaxed attitude towards local constraints.

wiredup72

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2011
Off-topic from fatigue, but relevant to comments such as this:

To anyone who's concerned about local storage capacity: maybe wait until WWDC (commencing June 2015) before purchasing decisions involving Apple notebooks and/or devices running iOS.

I can't comment on costs but there is, I think, a slim possibility of improvements to storage systems that will allow some customers to take a more relaxed attitude towards local constraints.

Cool. That gives me enough time to save some more money, except then it puts me in that same old spiral of waiting for the next model. Frankly, I'm surprised my ipad isn't dead and it is dying fast.

My follow up question is this: is there a precedence of Apple making small spec updates like this available the week after WWDC? I have no idea. Or is it the same old "its going to be great... in the Fall".

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Oops. I forgot to post here.

I suppose with the advent of split screen true multitasking along with picture-in-picture, an iPad's usefulness might grow substantially.

I think this might help with frustration and really brings the question down to whether you prefer a mouse and keyboard input or touch input.

Reactions: ron7624
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.