Do you guys have Cases on Your MBP's?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by karkid, Nov 5, 2010.

1. karkid macrumors member

Just wondering how many user's keep cases on there pro's, i.e the speck cases

2. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

no, but thats only 'cause the mbp never leaves my house, and im the only person who uses/touches it.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I have the speck case. It adds some bulk but it's not too bad, definately worth the protection it provides. I can pretty much toss it into my bag and set it down on the table less-than-gently. I also struck the case a few times with absolutely no damage to the exterior (cleaned it last week). The clear one (all of them ,really) will also allow you to do a bit of non permanent customization; i've done so with designs printed on transparencies placed inbetween the case and the MBP. It's not so much as to prevent scratches (though my machine has absolutely zero scratches on the body) but to prevent impact damage, which it has done flawlessly.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

there's no need to cover up the beautiful alum finish.

5. vant macrumors 65816

6. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Precisely, MBP's already run hot enough without exacerbating it by adding another layer to retain the heat.

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Personally, I think putting cases on Blackberries (Androids and iPhones are okay) draws the line.

8. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Mine's naked. But I do have an Incase sleeve whenever I take my MBP with me to school.

9. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

Speck case, doesn't seem to make my MBP any warmer

10. sjfwhite macrumors member

sjfwhite

I use it naked by transport it in an incase sleeve inside a backpack. I couldn't imagine cloaking it's beauty in some plastic skin or hard case while using it. :)

I really need to get out more. LOL

11. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

ahhhhh it burns it burnsssss

lol! nice color though

12. Prhymeate macrumors member

lol! I can see why not everyone likes them, I often look at ones without a case and think they look great. I also really like the green though and it gives it a bit more protection when putting it in my bag.

13. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

14. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

whatever suits your likes and dislikes ... a case will help keep your MBP in good condition and may help prevent scratches or dents. It will not cause any performance issues like some may think.

being careful is your best prevention.

I use a clear Speck case and it has prevented a few scrapes that would have marked my MBP

15. 7thMac macrumors 6502

Yes. These things are ubiquitous and there is no particular need to put mine on display or to make a statement. I also don't have any need to show the glowing logo so I am just as happy to have the protection.

16. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

My MBP is naked all the time. I only put it in a Waterfield sleeve when traveling.

17. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

I agree --- just got my Waterfield Designs sleeve that I plan to use when I am out and about, and I couldn't be happier with this setup.

Jude

18. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Nope, I think scratches, scuffs, marks, dents etc etc just builds more character hah ;)

19. sauced macrumors regular

Nope. I had a case when I had my old white Macbook, but I didn't like the extra weight/thickness it added, plus it wouldn't open as wide, so I'm keeping my MBP caseless.