Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
I have an office mate who breathes so loud I can barely stand it. It is like, sh*t, get this guy an oxygen mask. Also, he hits the keys on the keyboard harder than Tawny Kitaen hit Chuck Finley.

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Yeah, I had one that would use the network printer to print her 'christian' news letter. I use 'christian' loosely because essentially is was mostly anti-gay.

I also have another who whistles the whole time, drives me nuts.

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
Yes, a good few. Basically because they have some 'power' at work and flaunt it to make my life hell.

Oh and one of my office-mates has a very bad cough which is bloody irritating and talks way too loud on the phone...

redwarrior

macrumors 603
Apr 7, 2008
in the Dawg house
My husband is my co-worker and sometimes my boss. Sucks big time sometimes when marital issues get thrown into work duties! And he knows nothing about computers, but if I can't fix a problem in a matter of minutes, he asks me if we should take it somewhere. It's because I'm Christian that he's still alive, murder is a sin!:D

Edit: And I forgot to mention about the comments about playing on the computer all day!

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I have an office mate who breathes so loud I can barely stand it. It is like, sh*t, get this guy an oxygen mask. Also, he hits the keys on the keyboard harder than Tawny Kitaen hit Chuck Finley.

Yes, I have a keyboard slapper, too.

Yeah, I had one that would use the network printer to print her 'christian' news letter. I use 'christian' loosely because essentially is was mostly anti-gay.

I also have another who whistles the whole time, drives me nuts.

No whistling or Christian BS here, but one person who uses the color printer for EVERYTHING because they are too lazy to switch printers for different jobs.

Yes, a good few. Basically because they have some 'power' at work and flaunt it to make my life hell.

Oh and one of my office-mates has a very bad cough which is bloody irritating and talks way too loud on the phone...

I have one of those as well. Doesn't help that she smokes 15-20 cigarettes in our usual 8:30 to 5 shift, either.

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
A guy sitting in my vicinity spends his "free" time playing an online game. Drives me nuts knowing that he has tons to learn (he is new to the team), and that there really is not free time. :rolleyes:

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
A guy sitting in my vicinity spends his "free" time playing an online game. Drives me nuts knowing that he has tons to learn (he is new to the team), and that there really is not free time. :rolleyes:

I have a lady that VPN's into her home computer and pays her bills and balances her Quicken from her work computer. Usually an hour a day.

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
I have a lady that VPN's into her home computer and pays her bills and balances her Quicken from her work computer. Usually an hour a day.

Wow, I've heard of people VPNing into the office, but never out of it. An hour a day, how many bills can one person have??

The major problem with my coworkers is they are all technophobes and they know I'm a techno-genius so they always ask me to fix things rather than calling IT support.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I work on my own and half the time I drive myself potty. I'd like to give myself a piece of my mind but I'm too scared of the repercussions. If only I had a swift half before hand :eek:

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
When you work in a place with 140 people, you have all kinds. Some of my favorites...

the guy who clips his nails at his desk.
the water drinker who can't drink without making all kinds of noises.
the nose picker. you work in a cubicle, we can all see you digging deep.

jlewis2k1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2005
in your closet
oh yea I have a few that drives me absolutely insane... Only if I had the ability to move people into other departments it would make me the happiest person the planet. But, till then, I get to put up the the idiotic moves and lazy-man's work.

Paul (An Associate): Doesn't want to cross the t's and dot the i's cause he think its a waste of time to complete everything. Even if it creates more work for me. Also, when I delegate tasks to him he either simply doesn't do it or does a half ass job of it.

Melissa (An Associate): She dresses like a little tramp going to a strip club ...

Joe (The merchandiser): He throws a hissy fit because people tell him that he isn't doing his job...I would love it if he were to purchase the out-of-stock merchandise that I have on the floor ... that will never happen.

I am a Lead and I put up with a lot of these little idiotic things day to day...

Anyways, I will leave it at that I got a few more but that would take all day...

mrwizardno2

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
Columbus, OH
One of my coworkers (who sits in the cube right next to me) has been trying to broker a house or something. I have to bring my iPod or I'd go crazy if I had to listen to him gab on the phone 4 hours at a time for this.

And the kicker is when he hangs up he sometimes makes comments about how slammed we are... but how could he know?

Sometimes I wish I were management. This place could use a good fat trimming.

JNB

macrumors 604
One guy in my office constantly comes to work in his PJ's, comes & goes as he pleases, and works with his cat on his lap or the table next to him. I've even seen him at his computer with a beer in the middle of the day! I mean, come on already!

Wait. That's me. Never mind...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.