Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Philpo

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2007
My old 1st gen and now my 3G both have the same name 'The Dark Knight'
Now it's all black it seems even more appropriate :)

davidrules04

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
Manchester, England
iPhone Nickname

my iPhone nickname is Cottonmouth after the Deadly Vipers in Kill Bill my ipod is California Mountain Snake and my Mac is Copperhead, i dont have my Black Mamba yet which would be a black book or a MBP or imac and my snake charmer would be a Mac Pro soon i will have the whole squad together thats my plan :) and as for sidewinder not sure about him yet maybe an alternate MBP or imac to the black mamba, i have after writing this changed my external hard drive/t time machine to sidewinder. - ed

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Not a nickname, per se, but my iPhone's name in iTunes is "Telephonic". This follows the "-ic" naming convention that I use for all of my IP-enabled devices:

Mac Pro: Ecliptic
MacBook Air: Dynamic
Windows SBS 2003 w/ Exchange Server: Logic
Windows Vista VM (running on Mac Pro): Synthetic
Mac minis: Xenophobic, Idyllic
Xbox 360s: Anthropic, Baryonic
iPods: Gigantic (160 GB classic), Hypnotic (80 GB 4G), Microscopic (8 GB 2G nano)
Sony LocationFree TV: Euphoric
7-year-old Sony PCG-R505TSK laptop: Archaic
Sony VGN-FZ290 laptop: Supersonic
old Sony VGC-RA910G desktop PC: Actinic
Roku SoundBridge Radio: Harmonic
Elgato HDHomeRun: Panoramic
Sony PSP: Totemic

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
Aloha everyone,

I use a Star Wars naming convention for my computing devices, and seeing as how my iPhone 3G is a communications device, I named it C-3PO. Other names used:

20" iMac Core Duo: R2-D2
15" MacBook Pro: Qui-Gon Jinn
300GB External HDD: Obi-Wan Kenobi
PowerMac G4 Tower: AnakinSkywalker
Original iPhone: Queen Amidala (it's my wife's new "iPod touch" :D

HawaiiMacAddict

P.S. I had a PC that I named Darth Vader, but that's been retired for Anakin Skywalker, so the Windows VM I run in Parallels now takes that name :D

iphonematt

Jul 10, 2007
If you are asking what it is called in iTunes, it is called "Matt's iPhone". If you want to know what i call it out. I just say phone. I don't even say iPhone.. most of the time. My iPod is called "Matt's iPod". My MBP is called "Matt's MacBook Pro" I am not creative. Every thing is Matt's then the product name.

davidrules04

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
Manchester, England
If you are asking what it is called in iTunes, it is called "Matt's iPhone". If you want to know what i call it out. I just say phone. I don't even say iPhone.. most of the time. My iPod is called "Matt's iPod". My MBP is called "Matt's MacBook Pro" I am not creative. Every thing is Matt's then the product name.
that was the same with me for a while until i named my ipod after the california mountain snake a.k.a elle driver from kill bill because of the designed in california on the back then named my macbook after copperhead and iphone as most recent cottonmouth i dont miss David's iPod David's.... etc you should name them its pretty cool

Rigsby

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
Dog's II.

The first iPhone was Dog's, short for Dog's Bo****ks, because I thought the phone was the dog's... well, you get it.

themiracle

macrumors regular
May 7, 2007
Mine is "Mah ahPhooone," after that iPhone rap/song from back in the day. It's even the ringtone for some of my Apple friends.

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
I call mine "GalleyPhone". I drive in a "GalleyMobile", and live in the "GalleyPad". :D

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I've always named my HDDs, iPods and both my iPhones now.

I've had HDDs (renamed from Macintosh HD) to things like .id., Mini, iMac, kazum, seivom, and other wierd things, and changed their icons to stuff like Marvin the Martian, or The One Ring.

I've had iPods named, for the love of iPod, i do i am iPod, kosher iPod, and nano nano (Mork and Mindy reference)

My original iPhone was called The One Phone - yes LOTR reference.
I named my 3G One Phone b/c I didn't want the backups, etc from the original iPhone to cause any wierd conflicts etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.