Do you have problem with your new Aluminium Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kennyli, Nov 2, 2008.

?

Do you have problem with your new Aluminium Macbook?

1. No, I don't have any problem and I am 100% happy with Apple's quality control

117 vote(s)
    68.0%
  2. Yes, I have some problem, and I am disappointed with Apple's quality control

55 vote(s)
    32.0%
  1. kennyli macrumors regular

Twisted body, slanted keys, loose keys, battery cover, and freese trackpad .......

Lets see how many members in this forum is suffering from Apple's poor Quality Control in these new Macbooks!

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

3. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

4. drkassassin macrumors newbie

slanted f7 button
    any idea what they do to fix this?

5. RudenOffensive macrumors newbie

No problems here! I suppose one or two of my f-keys are ever so slightly slanted, but I have to look at it very closely and at the right angle to notice...so even if that's the case, I couldn't care less. They work perfectly and unless you're looking for it, you won't notice. I haven't experienced any of the other issues people have been discussing.

6. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Who's going to start a poll "are there too many polls about the same issue?"

7. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Can we have a bitch and moan and whine section of this forum so that people who come here for news and help don't get constantly bombarded by "OMG, the rubber feet on my new over priced MB don't stick to my desk, Apple's QC sux, they can't make anything that works right. It should be perfect for what I paid!!!"
    :rolleyes:

8. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Funny how people start polls, then disappear when the results don't support their assumptions.

9. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Some people might have lives outside of MR.

10. fk51785 macrumors regular

11. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

unlike me, and you. ;)

12. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

The fit and finish on mine is perfect.

It operates as advertised; so, all is good.

13. himansk macrumors regular

14. budkid macrumors regular

15. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

16. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

LOL

17. kennyli thread starter macrumors regular

Obviously, we are living in different time zone. I am in GMT+8, if you know where I am ;)

I don't think the result don't support my assumptions. Look at the percentage up to now. Basic maths (even common sense) tells you that Apple is not doing a good job!

18. kennyli thread starter macrumors regular

BTW, some people in this forum remind me what is a "die hard fans" of Apple! I am not picking bones, but telling the fact that some people are suffering from the poor quality control of these new Macbooks!

May be you are lucky, because you can easily take your defective Macbook for refund, exchange or repair! But some people like me, we don't have refund, and exchange policy here! What you can do is send your Macbook back for repair!

Think about the feeling of buying a new Macbook today and you have to send it back tomorrow !!

19. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

Can you name one computer manufacturer that builds notebooks with a higher quality than Apple??? After owning one of these new MacBooks it makes every other notebook feel like a hunk of garbage. Every manufacturer is going to have it's defects. Get over it.

20. kennyli thread starter macrumors regular

Have you used Sony TT series before?

How about Fujitsu Lifebook series?

Do you miss the good old IBM?

If you are talking about quality, Apple is far behind of Sony, Fujitsu and also good old IBM.

PS: Don't be childish and tell me something like ......... if you like the others, you can switch to Sony, Fuitsu or IBM. I have them all and am qalified to give my opinions ;)

21. JBazz macrumors 6502

I couldnt answer in your poll, it is all one or the other. Nothing in between. I have a few problems, but they are nothing that even remotely bother me. I macbook performs as expected. Better than my black macbook.

Extremists suck.

22. kennyli thread starter macrumors regular

Some people can live with problems more than the others. If you are married, you will understand what I mean :D

What I am trying to prove is, these new Macbooks are poor quality controlled. At least the quality is far lower than we can accept! This is the problem of the manufacturer and the quality can be improved. If they can accept the fact that they have problems than they will do something to improve it.

I am telling the fact. Nothing personal.

23. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

The fact that they run Windoze kills any sort of quality that they had going for them...

24. kennyli thread starter macrumors regular

You are missing the points. We are talking about quality of notebooks, not OS ;)