Do you REALLY think that you're getting a refund AND a free case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slip Jigs, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Trust me, you won't. If you paid for a bumper you will get a refund. If you also ordered a bumper or case with the case app, that will either be cancelled or you will be charged for it.

Do you really think that Apple can't cross-reference these things to determine what you're actually entitled to? And SHAME on those who are bragging about how they are getting more than one, as if Apple wants them to have it.

Nuff said.

2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Not that I'm supporting people who are trying this, but they can't cross reference a cash purchase refund with anything.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

Well (and I'm not the one doing this) - Unless Apple is taking down Apple IDs and iPhone 4 Serial #s when these people are returning them - I don't see how they can cross reference. Which is unfortunate.

I could have bought 10 bumpers and returned them all. Maybe I got one as a gift and returned it.

A few things would have to be linked to guarantee it was one per customer OR exchange and I'm not 100 percent convinced they have that in place.

4. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Yes I believe I will. Today I got 2 emails. One of them confirmed my bumper refund and the other confirmed my free case order with an august 27th ship date and sept 1st delivery date.

Nuff said.

5. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

I think they will. Guess we'll just hafta wait and see.

6. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I'm not gonna try to order a free case, as I don't want any of them. But I have four bumpers, and I got four e-mails about a refund. Called Apple, as I don't expect to get all four refunded, and they told me they will be giving me all four refunds. So if I'm getting four refunds, why shouldn't people be able to order a free case and get a refund? It's unfair to other people since they're basically doing it for me.

7. Slip Jigs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Then a cash purchase is the only way they can't automatically check. But they can verify which phone the refund is associated with. If they're not doing this in the stores, then they probably figured it would cost more then letting people steal.

8. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

3 weeks ago, my girlfriend ordered 3 bumpers in different colors for her future iPhone 4 (she hasn't ordered it yet, waiting for the white one) and today she got 3 emails confirming refunds for all 3 cases.

She doesn't even have an iPhone 4 and she wasn't trying to rip anyone off (she didn't APPLY for the refunds) and yet Apple just gave her $100 back with no evidence of any iPhone 4 purchases at all.

9. _Matt macrumors 6502

Unlike some in these forums, I philosophize that morals and ethics are best determined by the individual and not internet forum friends.

And yes, I think every iPhone 4 buyer before September 30th will have the option for a free case even if they ordered and were refunded for a bumper.

They just want all this to go away as fast as possible. I really doubt they care if people end up with more than one free case. I think the $175 million price tag includes refunds, new cases, shipping, wages, etc.

10. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

well I ordered pink and black bumpers just got refund emails for both. I have however only bought 1 phone cause I was waiting for the white phone. which is why I bought the black bumper. now that Im not waiting for the white phone anymore I have a black 32gb on order. when that phone comes in I may try and get a free case cause I bought the black bumper thinking it was for a white phone. now im not so crazy about black on black.

11. iFitz macrumors regular

Actually, that's not true. I bought my bumper at the store, completely separate from my phone purchase and the day after I received my phone. So they have no way of linking that purchase to my specific phone. The case I ordered today was linked to my phone, so they know that I ordered a free one. But the refund is completely unrelated since it was not connected to the purchase of the phone in the first place. Different credit cards were used for the phone and the case anyway. They case I used debit, the phone I used credit.

12. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I know. Some people bought 5, 6 bumpers and got them all refunded too. Really wish I'd bought that green bumper last week.

13. Slip Jigs thread starter macrumors 6502a

I hear ya.

But heck, I would sure like a few different bumper colors!

14. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

So what are we going to do? Stockpile them so if you get a scuff on one you can toss it and put on a fresh one?

15. draz macrumors 6502a

That is what people do actually... Or change based on their 'mood' or what color clothes they wear during the day....

:confused:

16. alectheking macrumors 6502a

I REALLY think I'm getting away with it. Got refunded for my bumper and received my order confirmation for my FREE griffin reveal graphite. Woohoo:D

P.s. I didn't ask for my money back, I love my bumper. But who am I to complain.

17. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

Actually I believe people will be able to do this. I personally bought 3 bumpers because I liked them. I downloaded the app at 6am this morning and picked out the case I wanted and went on my merry way.

At 10am I noticed the part on their website about checking out the refunds for in store purchases and I seen that I was credited for 1 of the 3 cases. I called Apple support to see if it would cancel my case and the rep said that I will be getting my refund as well as the case I chose.

I'd say results may vary I only expected to get a free case so getting some of it back is pretty cool.

18. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

Doesn't it just feel wrong to take something you are not entitled to?

19. draz macrumors 6502a

Yea... like finding a lost wallet, taking all of the money inside it and then calling the owner.

20. chembox macrumors 6502a

The only reason Apple is offering a case rebate program is because they realized they screwed up and, instead of recalling a $299-$699 phone, the profit model points that it's much cheaper to give away free bumpers.

21. bobright macrumors 601

Well I won't elaborate much, but I guess you can say I triple-dipped! :D

22. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Isnt that what apple did when they sold us a defective iPhone??? The way I look at it, if any one can get 20 free cases just go for it, after all we are almost been forced to cover the phone.

23. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

So you feel apple owes you something more?

24. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

I paid 300 dollars for a phone I expected to work. It doesn't work like advertised. By all means they owe me something

25. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

Apple are only thinking about their bottom line, why aren't you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.