Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you regret splashing out over $1000 for the iPhone X?

• Totally worth it!

Votes: 291 64.5%
  • Absolutely!

Votes: 110 24.4%
  • Other.. (Comment)

Votes: 50 11.1%

• Total voters

mattysmith118

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2016
South West Wales
So after a little bit of time with your new iPhone do you think the phone is worth $1000?

Do you regret buying it?
Have you taken yours back?
Would you pay the same price next year or maybe a little higher?
Should Apple of included better accessories?

Thoughts and opinions?

DiveKitty

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2017
Nope, not at all! I have never liked a phone this much :) I also use it everyday, many times a day so for me the cost per use is quite low over time.

But I won’t likely buy another one next year as I will stick with this one for 2-3 years. When I do buy another, then yes, I am okay spending the same again (FYI: mine was technically over $1500 CAD but it was about $1000 CAD on contract...another reason I won’t be upgrading for at least 2-3 years)

Reactions: mattysmith118

mattysmith118

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2016
South West Wales
It’s a tool I use everyday so I think it’s worth $1000. And plus it wasn’t $1000 if I factor in selling my Note 8

Thats exactly what I think. Phones and computers are a big part of my life so I don't mind spending money on them. People are willing to spend thousands on a car when I probably use my phone more

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Thats exactly what I think. Phones and computers are a big part of my life so I don't mind spending money on them. People are willing to spend thousands on a car when I probably use my phone more

Yeah, I spent almost $3K on an iMac that I don't use anywhere near as much as I use my iPhone. I love this iPhone X. It's delightful.

mattysmith118

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2016
South West Wales
Dropping a G, to have lasers shot into eyes, while having the convinience of Touch-ID taken away.. and giving away Face-ID data (beta iOS versions) to help Apple improve their neural network.. It's ludicrous. And that's just barely scratching the surface of issues affecting the iPhone X

You can turn Face ID off though?

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Did anyone regret paying $8-900 for their 7 or 7+? I don’t see what all the OMG $1000 is about??? It’s really not that far off from previous models. The more appropriate question would be do u regret paying for the 6 6S 7? Basically got the same design with minor improvements for 3 years. That’s more regrettable. The X is fresh, new, and exciting. And a great tool. Well worth a grand considering the amount it does to make my life easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattysmith118

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2016
South West Wales
Did anyone regret paying $8-900 for their 7 or 7+? I don’t see what all the OMG $1000 is about??? It’s really not that far off from previous models. The more appropriate question would be do u regret paying for the 6 6S 7? Basically got the same design with minor improvements for 3 years. That’s more regrettable. The X is fresh, new, and exciting. And a great tool. Well worth a grand considering the amount it does to make my life easier.

Thats what I've said to a few people. Like the Note 8 isn't that far off either. It's the times we live in ofcourse prices are gonna raise. It's mad though how years and years ago people would complain about the price for a phone over $100

I'm from the UK and I think I only paid just over £500 for the standard iP7. So it is still quite a big jump to £1000

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.