Do you secretly wish there is no new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yalag, Jun 1, 2009.

?

Do you secretly wish there is no new iPhone?

1. Wish there is no new iPhone because it would be so funny.

19 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. Wish there is no new iPhone because I am buying a palm pre.

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. Wish there is no new iPhone because I have no money to upgrade.

29 vote(s)
    20.3%
  4. Can't wait for the new iPhone!

92 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. yalag macrumors 65816

Just doing a poll to see what people really wish for next week. I personally wish for no new iPhone next week because I am buying a palm pre anyway and don't want to think that I missed out.

2. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Why don't you just wait till we know what Apple has in store? You never know.

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I agree with JPIndustrie. You should wait until next Monday to see if Apple announces a new iPhone at WWDC.

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Then get the new iPhone. ;)

5. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

this is a rediculous thread..

every single one of your reasons for not wanting a new iphone is completely selfish.
    honestly.. i hope that you get your pre, and then palm goes out of business..
    BECAUSE I AM GETTING AN IPHONE..SO I DONT CARE>

how idiotic

6. omerbaker macrumors member

Well said, very well said.

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

There is already a thread like this one... next time search. Not trying to be rude, but multiple threads creates spam.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

May Palm declare bankruptcy within the year's end.

Oh, and may Sprint lose too many customers to stay in business. Seems to be the way they're going, anyway. No one wants WiMAX anymore; LTE is the future for both CDMA and GSM carriers.

No, this is different. The OP in this one is lording over everyone with his selfish desires.

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

What's this? Time Paradox?

Edit - WiMax came into a dead carrier a bit too late. Doesn't surprise me if what you actually does happen.

10. superxero3 macrumors regular

I don't understand your reasoning for not wanting a new iPhone. The only person who can 'force' you to upgrade your phone is yourself. Why would you not want a new iPhone on the grounds that "i don't have enough money", or "i'm buying something different"?

If you don't have enough money, again, no one is forcing you to have to upgrade, so why would you want a company that you like to NOT release a great, new product into the market?

If you want to buy something different (like the Pre), then buy the pre. This is completely disjoint from whether or not there should be a new iPhone released.

If you think it would be funny that there was no new iPhone, I can understand that. But, not wanting an iPhone, BECAUSE it would be funny is a bit of a stretch. I agree, it would be funny to have new no iPhone released and see everybody on these forums get angry and complain about it, but simply not wanting a better product for the sake of humor is a strange desire.

I also feel bad for anybody who feels they can't be happy without the best product at a given time. I hope they understand this is NOT in any way the fault of the given company, this is fault of the consumer.

11. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Most of this site is asinine, self-centered, one-sided tripe posted by people who have infinitely more money than self-control. What's another topic? Who cares? :D

12. rk1228 macrumors member

I agree mgamber, this IS MacRumors, everyone in entitled to their own beliefs and speculations about what will happen, but often when someone makes a post, the first few comments are either negative, rude, or suggest the OP search before they post.

If I'm looking for help, I will search for it before asking, for fear of being insulted, reprimanded, grammar or spell cheeked, but if I heard a rumor, or just wanted to post a comment, I'd likely not search.

I'm far from an expert, but I don't get how a new thread on a similar topic could lead to spam?

I'm sure someone will find fault with my post. Usually I try to just stay on the front pages away from the members who comment on every thread.

It would be infinitely more fun to be here if members were polite to each other.

13. alphatectz macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

LOL, I'm dying with laughter over here, palm is going Down no matter what, so to the OP have fun with your palm pre. You'll be back to the iPhone community within a matter of time.

Sprint has been losing there customers for awhile now. I think it started when they merged with nextel.

14. bjquach macrumors 6502

I hope that the new iphone will come out so I can shell out big bucks for a new one! Haha

15. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

I am confident there WILL be a new iPhone and that will be GREAT NEWS :D :D

I may or may not choose to upgrade to one - but the choice will be nice.

16. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Wow, can't believe people are being so harsh on the OP for wanting to have the better product. It's a natural feeling. And I can't believe people are judging the Pre so harshly too, heck, people have barely even got their hands on one yet, and people are already guessing at the entire company failing? A bit quick to judge no? I think they have enough press coverage and momentum to make enough money from the Pre and shove it into producing new and better phones later down the pipeline. The Pre probably won't be a huge success in itself, but the WebOS will grow from it.

17. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

you're a sad sad little man

Competition benefits everyone

18. alphatectz macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

Bring the competition on!

19. nfl46 macrumors 603

20. superxero3 macrumors regular

amen.

21. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Yah, and mine was much better too, haha. I actually thought this was the resurrection of my old thread when I first saw this one.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=682615

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

This is a selfish thought and motive.

Ok, I like the Palm Pre but I don't think it matches up to the iPhone, but that's my opinion. That doesn't mean I wish palm never came out with it. Either get an iPhone and be content with it, or buy a Palm Pre and be content with it.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Don't worry what apple is doing if you have decided to get a different phone.

23. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

24. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

No offense, but that has got to be the lamest reason ever for not wanting new technology...

25. macgrl macrumors 65816

Me neither. :)