Do you think Fragilegate will get Apple in trouble?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldfrapp, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

I can see millions of lawsuits on the horizon. Do you?

Also, since iPhone X Plus will be made from the same materials, Fragilegate is not going anywhere anytime soon

I fear for my iPhone X, I'm thinking of buying the Folio case despite its high price :(

2. nevesis macrumors 6502

3. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

Fragilegate? For every YouTube video I see about how fragile it is, I can find one that shows it can take a lot of abuse. EverythingApplePro beat the hell out of one with no case and it didn’t break... Yet Cnet dropped it from 3 feet and it broke. These test are far from scientific or conclusive. How about, don’t drop your $1000 + dollar glass cell phone on the concrete without a case...

4. allthingsapple! macrumors regular

It's a phone made of glass...what did you expect?

5. DiveKitty macrumors 6502

Uhhhh....it is glass.

That fact is not denied, hidden, or otherwise unknown. There is no “-gate” involved.

Good luck to anyone who tries to sue for the obvious.

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Glass breaks on impact... In other news, water is wet!

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Where do you come up with these assertions? Millions? I think your thread is nonsensical in the sense there is a world outside a tech forum where millions of iPhone X owners who will experience no issues with owning their iPhones. The majority also use some form of a case to protect it.

8. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

Dude around here a bum sued Dunkin Donuts because he ate a donut out of their dumpster and got sick. Now they chain and padlock their dumpsters and no one gets any food to shelters etc.

The moral of the story is anyone will sue for anything, and saying you didn't know a glass phone would be so fragile isnt even the most egregious example out there so, yeah, itll happen.

9. throAU macrumors 603

throAU

Ask how samsung did with the s8....

10. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

If Antenna Gate, and Bend Gate didn’t break Apple I don’t think this will. Lol. The 8 plus was actually shown to be more fragile.

11. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

How would you be able to sue. If you drop your phone and it breaks your at fault. Not apple. Why is people think they can sue for their own stupidity.

12. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Hope to not deal a fragile gate because have mine in an otter box statement case

13. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

Are there any moderators on this site at all? Good grief. Trash threads popping up left and right.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

How and why would they be legally responsible if you break your phone?
    I don't think they are hiding the fact that it's made out of glass on both the front and back surface.

15. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

They’re banking from it. Full replacement phone cost if the back glass shatters. Worse than if the screen shattered alone

16. AppleFan91 macrumors 68000

AppleFan91

This guy did nothing but troll in the Apple preorder thread and now he’s making these awesome threads. Yippeee

17. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

No.

18. Goldfrapp, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017

Goldfrapp thread starter macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Just because you disagree with me doesn’t make me a troll. If anything, you’re trolling in my threads by attacking and bullying me and spewing hatred and undeserved criticism. Just leave.

19. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Making up fake “gates” is the definition of trolling. Gates- even predates trolling.

20. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

No. I think if we put this to a vote... Millions would vote this "thread" very Trollish.

21. Goldfrapp thread starter macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

What does gate have anything to do with trolling?? Please enlighten me

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that's a different story but I totally agree with you.
    They're charging a very high and unreasonable amount to repair the device if the back glass breaks.
    You accidentally drop your new iPhone x and the back glass breaks. Assuming everything else still works how is that back repair worth $550 to fix?
    They take all your fully working components from your cracked back piece IPhone x, then they get a new glass back piece and glue and assemble it back again.
    Making a killing on a glass piece that's probably not even costing them $10.
    Total scam and pure greed imo with very ridiculous and expensive repair prices.

23. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I guess you need to wait for the 2nd or third gen when it’s a commodity item.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 6, 2017 ---
    Because you are sensationalizing a non issue. It costs more to repair a state of the art product than it does to repair a run of the mill product. That’s always been the case.

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

On the next iPhone I heard they're going back to metal rear shell.
    But what they're charging for repairs is crazy. They're making a killing and jacked up the AppleCare plus price way up there too.
    So either way the whole thing is glass so wether front or rear glass cracks it's a win win for Apple :D
    Unbelievable.
    Nobody else notices that?