Do you think people at Apple read these forums?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iLoveMyApple, Oct 2, 2011.

1. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I'm just curious. I wonder if the head people at Apple who actually know what's going to happen on Tuesday, actually read some of these threads and rumors.

2. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I'm sure they know some of the rumors circulating, but I don't think they technically read these threads.

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

4. kmanmx macrumors 6502

Yes, but only for lols.

It doesn't take a visit to the forum to figure out what people want in the next phone.

5. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

i have to agree with Geckotek.I don't really know if they look at them but i hope so.

6. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

With absolutely nothing to back up my opinion, it would make sense to to me to have some poor soul monitoring the tech forums. ;)

Even granting that the tech-heads on these forums are not representative of the general buying public, keeping up with what the "enthusiasts" are saying is useful information.

I hasten to add that this does NOT mean the what Apple reads here (and elsewhere) necessarily influences decisions regarding product. There are a lot more real people, as opposed to us here (strange people), who are Apple's target buyers. But I would be very surprised if someone at Apple isn't tasked with keeping up with the tech sites. ;) :D

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

They don't do it for gathering of public opinion, they do it to find leaks from internal sources.

8. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

I'm sure they have interns browse these forums and take notes. This place is too big a hub of useful consumer data just right there for the picking.

9. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

10. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Hush up! Dead men don't read/post in forums. :p

11. tim4hire macrumors newbie

12. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

of course they do. How many people work at Apple? you can bet at least 1 of them visits here, probably regularly.

13. cward0715 macrumors regular

14. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Well, you live in Cali, ask them yourself.

But i think that they do check the front page to check for leaks.

15. pettifogger06 macrumors member

I'm sure people at Apple do. Heck, some people at Apple probably comment in these forums. But I wouldn't bank on decision makers really paying attention to it.

16. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

17. saving107, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011

saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

They also create those rumors that end up on the front page

[​IMG]
    http://www.tuaw.com/2008/03/06/phil-schiller-apple-rumormonger/

Also, wasn't their someone of this forum back in 2007 that complained about how when you synced your iPhone, it said "sync in progress" (in lower case letters), and some time after Apple release a new update and one of the changes they made was to capitalize "Sync in Progress".

I do think Apple does browse this (and other) forum.

Edit:

iPhone Used to Browse MacRumors.com? May 2007
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=307491

18. trajen macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

They're probably too busy. I bet working at Apple is like working at an internment camp.

19. trims macrumors regular

We're hardly a representative bunch of users, are we? Apple will be using a whole range of user survey techniques to judge what 'we' want.

They will also be making their own judgement e.g. in terms of the threat posed by recent advanced Android phones.

The reason the Keynote is so exciting is that it is about the only time that Apple high-ups show their hand.

20. Pooshka, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011

Pooshka macrumors 65816

Read technically?

[​IMG]

21. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

...that they have diarrhoea.

22. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Not using software to crawl for keywords.

23. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I know they do. It's not hard to imagine why if you think about it. No easier way to survey what enthusiasts want, the experiences they're having, and it's free. Focus groups are also used, made up of a non enthusiast set of users. Apples got plenty of time & money, the payoff is handsome. They don't just pull ideas for products out of thin air. Nor is a single person solely responsible for being that good of a visionary. Jobs only cons, oops , convinces people he is... and they can't survive without buying whatever he's selling. That's his true expertise, worlds best salesman bar none.

24. Savor Suspended

Savor

Probably.

I know many of the journalists on the ESPN NBA Board also read the forums and then just parrot what they read in a new article. People read boards and many celebs do read fan's tweets. Of course, they can't reply to them all. Like an ongoing conversation and constant sharing of information and misinformation.

25. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Just wondering, how do you KNOW they do. Your level of certainty makes me curious about your source. :confused: