Do you think the 38mm fits my wrist fine ?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mypyh4ooo, Jul 5, 2015.

1. mypyh4ooo macrumors regular

just debating guys but IMO it looks ok to me seeing as though I have small wrists anyway. (Male)

Attached Files:

2. mypyh4ooo thread starter macrumors regular

Another photo from distance

Attached Files:

3. iEric007 macrumors regular

iEric007

I personally like the bigger, chunky watch styles, but the 38 looks good on your wrists. It's really your style choice.

4. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

I have small wrists as well and the 38mm looks similar on my wrist but I went for the 42mm because of the larger screen, my eyes are not what they were in my younger days :)

Looks good

5. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

6. mypyh4ooo thread starter macrumors regular

Last one and thank you

Attached Files:

7. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

The easiest and fastest way to know whether the watch is the right size is to check the lugs. If the lugs don't stick out past your wrist then it is good.

8. nicho macrumors 68020

are you sure you have small wrists? those pictures look very similar to how mine looks, and my wrists are about 180mm around. Having said that - I think it looks good on you.

it's hard to do that with the sport watch - there aren't really any lugs. Stick a milanese loop on the same watch and it's a whole different ball game.

9. nicho macrumors 68020

i used to think that. I've been debating if having the smaller watch is right for me - i could probably wear both 38 or 42.

I just put my old citizen skyhawk watch on, and it's like a huge lump of metal... it suddenly looks bigger, chunkier... CLUNKIER than it ever used to. not sure i could go back to a bigger watch.

10. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Yeah I know. Just a general rule. And yes it doesn't look like small wrists. Lol.

11. mypyh4ooo thread starter macrumors regular

Do you also have the 38mm one? I don't know it looks fine even from a distance. Had the Moto 360 before and hated it. It was huge. I used to love wearing the Casio watches , that's what the 38 reminds me of if you know which one I mean.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Your watch looks fine. Few will judge you by your watch and if you are concerned the Apple Watch is too big the 38mm was a good choice. Just relax and try to enjoy the hardware.

13. mypyh4ooo thread starter macrumors regular

I'm getting used to it. If I was to put a leather loop on it or a Milanese one will it change the way it looks ?

14. TJone macrumors 6502a

It looks fine. I switched out my 38 for a 42mm and I am glad I did though. The bigger screen was easier for viewing and the battery was a nice upgrade. If the 38mm screen and battery are fine for you, you should stick with the 38mm I think - it looks fine.

15. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

The only thing that matters is if you are happy with it, nobody else's opinion matters really.

There will be some traditionalists, cough, me, cough, who will think big watches on small wrists just look ridiculous. But that doesn't matter.

Anyway, even though my opinion should mean nothing, I think the watch looks perfect for your wrist.

16. ATS macrumors regular

ATS

I have small wrists as well. I had the 42 but thought it was too big. I went with the 38 but it was a tad on the small side. Now I'm back with the 42 and am glad I went with the bigger size. Your wrist is even larger than mine and I think the 38 is too small for your wrist. I would definitely go with the 42 if I were you!

17. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Looks a kirpttle small to me but then I prefer chunkier watches

18. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Bear in mind the circumference of the wrist means very little when it comes to the size of a watch face. The important measurement is the width of the wrist, not what it measures all the way around.

19. mypyh4ooo thread starter macrumors regular

To be honest I really can't afford to get rid of this and exchange it for a bigger one since I didn't get it through apple.

20. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

No need to at all. from looking at the width of your wrist in the image (although it can be misleading from just a photo and no sizes) you would probably get away with the 42mm just fine. But, the 38 looks good on you, it's a very classic and stylish size so don't worry about it.

21. nicho macrumors 68020

yep. my wife's 38 got delivered much faster than the 42mm space grey I had on order, and then the 38 i ordered to replace it won the race to be delivered - so we both have them. every so often I have doubts its a little small, but then again it's just so light. I used to wear my citizen watch for work; it's so hot here I'd end up chucking it in my backpack in the morning and again when I left work and barely wore it. the apple watch is on my wrist morning til night.

the best looking watch hands down when I tried them on was the 38mm milanese loop - but that was a little expensive to get for a first gen product I had no idea how much I'd love or use (see my previous watch behaviour). I still plan to pick up a milanese loop eventually, even though it won't quite match the sport. The hoco metal band (I'd recommend one of those, they're good value) I have makes it look bigger than, say, the sport band. I'm hoping to replace the adapters eventually with something that matches the sport a little better.

the form of the apple watch makes it quite hard to compare, size wise, to traditional watches. The big watch brigade like to point out it's only 34mm across when compared to, say, a 44mm watch that seems to be the minimum to be considered "a man". But even the 38mm is 51mm from bottom left corner to top right corner (the angle I actually look at it most, myself) so its hardly a tiny watch.

true, but it could easily be mine if it wasn't space grey, at basically every angle i've seen!

22. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

Changing out the bands often makes the watch look like a completely different one to me, so I would say yes.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble though, in that the Leather Loop is currently only available for the 42mm size. You can definitely pick up a Milanese Loop for the 38mm though and it really does make the watch look really classy.

23. nicho macrumors 68020

and the milanese loop would look a little weird with space grey! but look for the hoco band, they do it in a grey/black colour which looks pretty good with the space grey. there's a few photos of it knocking around the forums (there's a thread dedicated to hoco bands in the accessories forum)

24. mypyh4ooo thread starter macrumors regular

Say if the watch was the wrong size for my wrist surely it wouldn't let me actually meet both ends of the straps together ? Just a thought. It's currently on the last hole and plenty of space to move around.