Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Power Support Black Air Jacket and anti-glare film.

Least intrusive case I've come across - love it.

Ditto, i was gonna go naked but then heard reports of easily scratched screen. I also use the Air Jacket because it makes the phone more grip-able...if that makes sense

Apple should done a matte back or teflon coated body

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
I have an iPod and always try different cases, but I always end up taking them off (the minute I do, I usually end up dropping my iPod). I'm getting an iPhone soon, but I don't know if I should get a case or show off the phone's beauty.

daonesteven

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Power Support Black Air Jacket and anti-glare film.

iphone3G_airjack_black_475_295x325.jpg

Least intrusive case I've come across - love it.

rock this set as well. Though the black air jacket seems to cause micro horizontal scratches on the left and right bezels where it comes in contact. Oh well.

slfare

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2009
Currently using a microfiber towel that I'm wrapping the iPhone with. Will soon be receiving a Fabrix sleeve for it. I also ordered a little dice pouch for the Apple Bluetooth Headset.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
I use a Belkin silicone case and some anti glare film on my 3G.

I prefer the grip on the case compared to the standard plastic back and the screen protector doesn't bother me at all.

To all of those that go naked, kudos to you!:D

bredfan

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2007
Thus far I haven't put a case or screen protector on my 3GS for two reasons.

1) I think most cases are entirely too expensive for what they are made of. (though to be fair, I suppose some of the packaging they use on those things probably cost more than the case itself, hence the high prices)

B) It's a cell phone. If I have to worry about it's build quality out of the box, then why do I own one?

That being said, I understand why some choose cases and screen protectors. It's all a matter of personal preference.

iPhoneFreak17

macrumors member
May 1, 2009
Michigan
its killing me,I wanna buy the incase slider but sooo many ppl are saying it scratches the back of ur iphone...is that true?? cuz I love that case and all the reviews on youtube say that its a good solid case...I'm soo confused man,can someone explain this to me...thxx

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
its killing me,I wanna buy the incase slider but sooo many ppl are saying it scratches the back of ur iphone...is that true?? cuz I love that case and all the reviews on youtube say that its a good solid case...I'm soo confused man,can someone explain this to me...thxx

I had the incase slider on my first gen iphone and then my 3g. It is a solid case. I have seen my wife drop hers at least 15 times onto concrete and the phone is fine. Now I can confirm that it will scratch your bezel. Not very noticeable but it makes tiny little scratches all over it. I never noticed any scratches on the back though.

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
I use a Seidio Innocase II, but i just ripped off my anti glare. I want to enjoy my iPhone screen as it is. and if i do scratch it, and it bothers me a lot, i can get a screen shield, and i won't be able to see it anymore. I'm not all that worried :)

(However, if your looking for a thin, dockable case. you HAVE to get the Innocase. There's no competition, the Slider is crap when it comes to the Innocase (i have both))

threezero

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
I use a Seidio Innocase II, but i just ripped off my anti glare. I want to enjoy my iPhone screen as it is. and if i do scratch it, and it bothers me a lot, i can get a screen shield, and i won't be able to see it anymore. I'm not all that worried :)

(However, if your looking for a thin, dockable case. you HAVE to get the Innocase. There's no competition, the Slider is crap when it comes to the Innocase (i have both))

wrong abt the the screen shield.

It will protect you from getting a scratch but won't hide the scratch in fact make even make the scratch more noticeable

kind of like a condom.

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
1. It is a phone, I have more expensive watches that I don't cover.
2. I have camera equipment worth 20 times as much that I don't cover.
3. Most cases prohibit certain functions. (Charging and synching in other devices for example.)
4. It reminds me of my uncles house in 1968, plastic on all the furniture to preserve it, preserve it for what? ? ? he never took the plastic off, so it was always this ugly junk covering the design.

Use the phone, like your car, which is much more expensive, it is going to get scratched and dinged, but the life of a phone, with the way technology moves is about 14 months.

Nice. :)

My car has scratches on it. So what? Who cares. It's still a nice-looking car, fast, sporty, and awesome. Oh no, I got a scratch! Who cares!

With my phone though, I have a rubber case (Incase) on it to absorb shock if I accidentally drop it. I could care less about scratches. In fact, my phone has some scratches. I don't care. Who am I keeping it "perfect" for? No one. I laugh at those people that circle around parking lots for 15 minutes looking for a "nice" parking spot. Who cares if you get a little scratch??? The car still looks the brand and model of car you bought and it still gets you from 0-60 in 5.0 seconds! GET OVER IT !!!!!!

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
wrong abt the the screen shield.

It will protect you from getting a scratch but won't hide the scratch in fact make even make the scratch more noticeable

kind of like a condom.

i scratched the middle of my 3G's screen last year, threw a screen shield on...couldn't see it.

tahoeroscoe

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
California
i was using a case for a few weeks, until a piece of dirt got stuck INSIDE the case and scratched the metallic apple logo on the back of the phone- i figured whats the point if its gonna get scratched anyway. Plus i love the feel of the 3g naked- great ergonomics.

I do use an anti-glare screen protector.

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
I went without a skin on the 2G for two years and it got some scratches. Nothing tradgic, but avoidable. I'm really liking the PS anti-glare. I want to try the crystal too.

MacAndy74

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2009
Australia
iPhone cases / screen protectors drive me nuts. I am buying a pouch for my iPhone - just so it doesn't get scratched in my pocket.

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
Scratches on the screen and/or the body of the phone?

Well, all over, but I was talking the screen. I had a case and no screen protection. Use it long enough I think it will get scratched. Sure, you could baby it, but you could also use a protector. :)

lavinci

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2009
I also use the power support air jacket matte black but no screen protector because doesn't that prevent the oleophobic screen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.