Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crazyfoo

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2015
Dawson City
Only when we're flying down to Vancouver. Always download a movie or 2 on the phone the day before, and I have something to watch on the flight down. (Our Airline up here doesn't have TV's built into the seats)

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Xs Max is good for watching sports , shows Netflix etc when a full size TV isn’t available to stream it on. In other words on the go
Picture is clear, sound is excellent

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
Only when we're flying down to Vancouver. Always download a movie or 2 on the phone the day before, and I have something to watch on the flight down. (Our Airline up here doesn't have TV's built into the seats)

Are you guys in Dawson still getting sewer backups every couple of years?

spooklog

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2015
New Hampshire
The larger iPhones are excellent for viewing media of all kinds, even (some would say especially) video. I have an iPad Pro which in theory is a great video-viewing device, but because of where I use it, I have to sit hunched over a table top, which isn't ideal for extended periods of time. My XS Max can be used in any number of situations, which is a huge advantage. But more importantly, I've found that the experience of watching video on the iPhone is very different psychologically compared to my big TV or even the 10.5" iPad. There is a degree of intimacy when using the iPhone which makes viewing video a more personal and involving experience. Viewing long movies on the XS Max screen isn't always practical, but subjectively it can be very satisfying and even rewarding.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
I'm afraid that I've just stuck to YouTube for my viewing experience. I've got my iPad Pro for movies while I'm in hospital.

Reactions: Vivian125

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
Can watching a lot of videos/movies zoomed out cause any burn in since the sides side portions of the screen won’t be in use as much

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I haven't tried this yet, only watched a few YouTube clips.

But I have an iPad Pro 10.5" and a MacBook. Perhaps film viewing is part of your commute.

YouTube. And on the plane movies and Netflix. I can’t say I do that often. Only when there’s little choice of devices.

Reactions: Ffosse
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.