DODOcase iPhone5 Wallet

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jackassroomie, Sep 20, 2012.

1. jackassroomie macrumors newbie

Just got an email from DODO and might seriously consider this if I decide to go naked this time around. Been using a case for all my other iphones but this time I might just risk it. Unfortunately, i dont get my phone till Oct5th cause I didn't wake up in the first hour. I guess one benefit is that I can check all the reviews on the cases/pouches first and then figure out before my phone gets here.

http://www.dodocase.com/products/wallet-for-iphone-5

2. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

3. thrill5one6 macrumors regular

thrill5one6

by different do you mean ugly?

4. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

I was trying to be nice. That case is atrocious....

5. jackassroomie thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm...different strokes for different folks i guess.

6. leenak macrumors 68020

7. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

Have those even shipped yet? Surprised to not see any reviews or YouTube videos for it, yet.

8. skywest153 macrumors member

Not for 2-3 more weeks.

9. Jasonv2 macrumors newbie

I would have to disagree with Smileyboy, I think the dodo case looks very well made and I like its understated style. Definitely more of adult look to it. Not like some of the flashy "Katy Perry" cases you normally see around here.

10. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

Oh haha. i didnt even realize it was a sleeve case until I saw the latter pictures. Was trying to figure out how the phone sticks to it. :p

11. DODOcraig macrumors newbie

Hand made goodness

Thanks for starting the post on the DODOcase Durables Wallet. We are in production in San Francisco as we speak. Response has been super strong!

Ping us if you have any questions. I've been digging using the wallet along with my BOOKback on the back of the iPhone 5.

Cheers,

Craig from DODOcase

----------

If a sleeve doesn't fit how you use your iPhone, we also make the BOOKback for minimalist production.

http://www.dodocase.com/products/bookback-for-iphone-5

Craig from DODOcase

12. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

How snug is the wallet? I noticed that the 4/4S and the 5 versions all have the same depth despite the 5 being a bit thinner in that department.

13. leenak, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012

leenak macrumors 68020

Since Dodocase tends to use animal-friendly materials, I was kind of surprised to see the use of leather here. Are there any future plans to create sleeves/wallets without leather? I think waxed canvas is one of my new favorite materials based what I've bought from other companies, it'd be nice to see an animal-friendly option.

14. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

I just purchased the Dodo case.....love the way it looks. I wanted a wallet case I could easily take my phone out of at the end of the day when I'm at home and this looks like it fits the bill!

15. Steel28 macrumors member

Ordered mine on the release date, can't wait.

16. Jasonv2 macrumors newbie

I ordered one myself yesterday, when do they start shipping? :D

17. Joewat64 macrumors regular

Any idea when they might ship? It's been saying 2-3 weeks for a while.

18. rperalta, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012

rperalta macrumors 6502

I emailed them early this morning asking if they a different color but didn't get a response from them yet. They're in San Francisco and I'm like 20 miles from it...maybe they're busy.

Edit: I just received this email right after my post above.

The durables wallet for the iPhone5 is only available in one color. We will be releasing a hardcover case for the iPhone5, hopefully within the next month.

You can go to the below link to join our mailing list and to follow us on facebook and twitter, which will keep you updated on our latest products.

http://www.dodocase.com/pages/contact
    ------------------------------------------------------

19. DODOcraig macrumors newbie

Future DODOcase Durables

Thanks for the feedback. I agree about the Waxed Canvas material. It is awesome. The feedback on the Durables line has been great which means we will be investigating additional future iterations. I do like the idea of a waxed canvas only product.

Craig from DODOcase.

20. Joewat64 macrumors regular

21. smarcotte macrumors member

Hi Craig,
    Do you have a time frame for when the wallet will ship?
    Thanks.

22. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

DODOcase update

I got this email from DODOcase today….assuming everyone that ordered got one as well:

Thanks for your order and enthusiastic response to the new DODOcase Durables Collection and the iPhone 5 BOOKback! We’re stoked to support the rich tradition of sewing in San Francisco and expand our growing collection of unique hand crafted products.

Your order is still on track to start shipping 2-3 weeks from your purchase date, which means that you should receive your new goods toward the latter part of October. We’re trying to move as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience.

We are thrilled by the reception of the Durables line and look forward to adding sewing to the list of crafts we help Protect from Extinction!

All the best,

Craig, Patrick, Mark and the rest of Team DODO

23. petes67bird macrumors newbie

I have to agree, reminds me of a slipper lol.

24. Myrr, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012

Myrr macrumors member

I like their video from that email - it feels good to support a company that has some values, and puts some obvious time and care into their products. I'm excited for the case.

I wish they made the BOOKback in some other colors though! I got one in the standard black with red logo.... White with red would look sweet on the new 5! DODO are you reading this? :)

[​IMG]

As a side note it's unrealistically annoying to host a picture online using an ipad!

25. devinstan macrumors newbie

That didn't take long, thanks for the discount whoever. I am excited to get this and I don't even have my 5 yet. I've been using bookbook on my 4s since it came out and I love it but wanted something less bulky. Plus the wear and tear on it has made it annoying ( switches mute on and off, messes with proximity sensor all the time) . This seems like a good balance between wallet case and going naked. I don't think I could go without a wallet case now.