Does any one regret getting an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MWPULSE, Mar 20, 2009.

1. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

I am definitely gonna get a iPhone in the not too distant future, *not next weekend mind* but around bout xmas time/december because im fed up having a nokia that doesnt work by default with Mac OSX, i have a 6300 at the mo its a good phone, just crashes and the battery life isnt excellent.

So im just looking into iPhones cos it seems logical to do so, i have a MBP, a Mac Mini and Ipod chromatic so i may as well go the whole hog and get an iPhone as well right?

what you reckon?

Thanks
    PTP

2. wil49 macrumors member

Dont expect it to do everything and iron your clothes, but coming from an N80 and then N95 I was blown away. It works and thats what you need with any product these days, something that does what it says on the tin.

3. Dan in PA macrumors regular

I don't regret it at all. I miss my old BlackBerry's physical keyboard at times, but I still think the iPhone is the best option for me...YMMV.

4. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I don't regret it at all, I love it! I just wish my wife could have waited for the new one to come out.

5. MWPULSE thread starter macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

Thats quite a large proportion of people saying no to the regretting it then :) in fact everyone, so far at least-presuming that other people will look at this :D

I guess the main thing that i have against the iPhone is having all that data in one place could be quite insecure and whatnot, if it ever gets left anywhere.. but then again i think why the hell would i leave it anywhere?! its 200 quids worth of phone, not exactly cheeeap ;)

6. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

i can say the only thing i regret is not having access to texting and not having an actual GPS chip in mine.

besides for that mail works fine for texting ( i only text the girlfriend, the boss, and the family )

and triangulation works pretty well in ATL but sometimes... i wish it worked a lot better/more precise.

these problems aren't anything the 3G can't fix - and hopefully the 3G data plan will be the same as the 2G and i can upgrade.

but i don't plan on spending more than 20$ per month for a cell phone anytime soon

7. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Hmmm...that is really a hard question...:rolleyes:

I seem to remember paying over $600 for the original 8gig (classic) iPhone on June 29th 2007 and then a year later purchased the 16gig (3G) iPhone.

No...can't say I regret it in the least :D !!!

8. MAG. macrumors member

I was the kind of person who changes phones every 2-3 months, but that changed after the iPhone. It's simply the best mobile device on the go. I am still using the first generation because I have it unlocked with T-Mobile. I hate AT&T.

9. duncanapple macrumors 6502

The only thing I regret is getting myself hooked. I had a moto razor that was perfectly fine (actually a GREAT phone) lol. Now I have a higher phone bill (and when my 2G dies, I will have to replace it with a 3G variant, thereby adding even more to my monthly bill) and could never go back. Looking up businesses phone numbers while out, being able to identify/name songs with shazam, having my calendar all the time, using it as a psuedo laptop when on vacation, visual voicemail, even my new facebook addiction, its a great device... I always like to cut out bills of things I could do without... while not impossible, the iPhone would be a tough one!

10. MWPULSE thread starter macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

"The only thing I regret is getting myself hooked"

:D
    That sounds like me with every apple device that i have purchased, not really intending to ever use it properly (particularly in the case of the ipod) then decided i didnt want to use anything but!! lol..

Doesnt seem that there are very many negatives at all to using the iphone then??

Thanks alot peoples

PTP

11. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Your contemplating getting an iPhone around Christmas of 2009? 9 months from now?

Well, at least you're not rushing this decision.

By then the new iPhone that hasn't even been announced yet will be ~4-6 months old.

Having said that; do it.

12. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

It's been a week since someone stole my iPhone

boy do I miss it :( :(

I just can't afford $500 for a 16gb unsubsidized

13. muckymucky macrumors member

muckymucky

i dont believe there is anything out on the market as comfortable and useful as the iphone~ so i didnt think it was possible to regret having an iphone unless if it was the cause of YOUR personal recession ;D

14. neilp4453 macrumors regular

I did some heavy reading before I bought my iphone. I was going from a Razr to a iPhone 3G so feature-wise....it was an upgrade.

I already had a touch so essentially I was getting a touch with GPS, bluetooth, voice service, and 3G/edge. The data plan alone (3G is great and fast) makes the iPhone a great purchase....granted it is expensive for the limited usage we get.

The youtube videos are horrible quality via 3G but I hear this is more of a youtube issue (not that At&t doesn't mind).

I knew going in that a lot of the goodies are blocked but I went ahead and did it anyway. With 3.0 announced, things are looking promising. One thing that has always frustrated me about Apple is their insistence that quicktime is the best way to go about things. It is not and I am hoping that Apple lets some sort of video player into the App Store (coreplayer anyone?).

Would you get more BANG with a windows (mobile) phone...I am sure of it (not that I have owned one or researched into it).
    But with the iPhone, I have class and style.

15. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

No, but I do regret finding another person that thinks there is a product called the "iPod chromatic." Geebus.

16. sjwinter macrumors newbie

i work for at&t and could pretty much use whatever i want. I cant imagine not having my iphone or my macbook.

17. MWPULSE thread starter macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/.. i do believe its called the ipod nano.. CHROMATIC

lol

"Your contemplating getting an iPhone around Christmas of 2009? 9 months from now?

Well, at least you're not rushing this decision.

By then the new iPhone that hasn't even been announced yet will be ~4-6 months old.

Having said that; do it."

Well now you mention it, that very futuristic date can always become flexible!! its mainly based purely on funds, i very much doubt im gonna have the self-control to be able to afford this on my own 2 feet.. thus enter christmas stage left :)

PTP

18. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

The main reason I dont regret it is because Apple always updates their software, so we get new features almost every 6 months, I think it's worth it just for that reason from a purchase standpoint.

19. johndeere768 macrumors newbie

Didn't regret till today...or since it started cracking few months ago...PISSES me off when I have to go and get it replace and still get a cracked Iphone in return(Today). If you insist on getting it, I suggest black.:(

GL

20. MWPULSE thread starter macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

But in terms of operating system, ease of use, practicality.. nowt all wrong with the thing?

Thanks
    PTP

21. johndeere768 macrumors newbie

Yes other than the cracks, everything is fairly good considering now it has copy and paste and mms...etc.

22. MWPULSE thread starter macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

Good Stuff :)

I'm thinkin that the new OS for iPhone (3.0?) will deffo be out by then.. possibly working towards 3.2 or whatever so i would hope theres gonna be more than just copy n paste :rolleyes:

23. Aumz macrumors member

In a word YES, but that would be said for all phones you get. Unless all you want a phone for is to make calls of course.

I wish I had got the Blackberry Bold over the iPhone but chances are if I did I would have found things on that that I do not like or feel was missing from the phone.

24. MWPULSE thread starter macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

The vicious circle of life right?? :)

PTP