Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mslide

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
I've had my blackbook for almost 2.5 years now and still love it. It was my first Mac. I use it everyday at work even though they gave me a Windows PC. At first I thought it was a little silly to spend the extra money just for the black case, but now I'm glad I did. Looks and works great. As much as I like my black macbook, I'd be lying if I said that I thought it looks better than the new Macbooks.

I'm surprised as the utility I've gotten out of my macbook. I recently upped the ram to 3gb. Nice and quick even when I have Windows up in a VM (unfortunately I still have to use windows for certain apps at work). The only thing I don't like about my macbook is the GMA950, although I don't really game on it so it's not that big a deal for me.

She

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2005
Seattle
Lookin good! The G4 is fantastic! I would get that key replaced though. The 12" PB was by far the best notebook Apple made.

The key's been gone for a loong time.. lost it in a vacuuming accident :( I can't even remember what it was.. the enter key perhaps?

I agree the PB was the best looking notebook.. but the "guts" of the MBP are far better. It doesnt lag when I load pictures onto iphoto or go to sleep when I try to watch youtube videos (fan issues i've been told)

bee.squared

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2009
I rescued my blackbook from the pound (read Ebay) and I love him. He gets along famously with my older, gentile MBP though I think sometimes he's a little too quick and rambunctious for the old timer :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.