Does anyone else hate 90% of all people?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Vidder, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Vidder macrumors regular

Vidder

I'm pretty sure that whether its on the street, at work, at a bar, or just reading a post on a forum...i find that I absolutely hate so many people.

And its not really without cause; so many people just do or say such retarded stuff like they have no self-awareness.

I think that if you don't feel the same way, than you may be part of that 90%.

2. duncanapple macrumors 6502

Do you think that by saying something like this, and harboring so much hostility, that you may be in lot of other people's 90%?

3. Vidder thread starter macrumors regular

Vidder

4. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Not sure if it's 90%. I am picky about the people I associate with, though.

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

While I was going to say the OP is a little on the side of hypocritical, I see where he's coming from, but I wouldn't go to say I hate them. It's like a brief flash of anger at society then it fades away again.

Like people who leave shopping trolleys in the middle of the aisle etc. But most of that stuff belongs in the Pet Peeves thread.

6. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

I think that's less about self-awareness and more about the awareness for the needs/preferences of others. They know exactly what they're doing. They just don't know that other people probably don't like it.

Now that you mention it, I do hate those people. :D

7. Vidder thread starter macrumors regular

Vidder

Great point!

Dude, you just re-edited your post like 7 times.

8. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You have to realize those people probably "hate" you and what you do too. How about more love all around? [​IMG]

9. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

i definitely do. kids who are dumb, people who drink or do drugs, kids who are spoiled, people who are bad drivers. people who go to parties on the weekends and especially people who are trying to be cool way too hard.

for example.

i'll be on facebook and want to hang out with people because in pictures it looks like they are having fun. but when i have to actually get around to calling them i dread it.

to me, i'd rather stay at home over a weekend - instead of hanging out with someone + wanting to leave the whole time (+ not be able to, that'd be pretty mean).

i still have a couple of close friends, and i'm not mean to anyone - but i just don't hang out with more than a certain 5 or 6 people because why do something you don't want to right?

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So, basically, you want another version of yourself who agrees with you, thinks like you, etc. Nice.:rolleyes:

11. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

When I'm driving I hate 90% of all other people....

12. Vidder thread starter macrumors regular

Vidder

Well....yeah. I do. Actually it would be nice if 90% of people were like that.

Are you saying you would rather have people who don't agree with you, or think like you, etc.? Call me crazy...i'm pretty sure I'd enjoy being with people who agree and think the same way I do...most of those people are called "friends". Do you have any?

Actually, its weird because by your reasoning, (and I'm assuming by what you've just said, that you don't want to be with people who think or agree with you), you would then actually want to hang out with me.....

13. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't say 90% of the people, but there are a whole bunch of people who are very ignorant, rude, annoying, etc. and they do bother me, it's probably more like 50% when I pay attention to other people, normally I just listen to my music if I'm alone and if I'm out I probably have something to do

14. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

Definitely don't hate, because I think I'm too laid back to care that much. But I do get irritated by people saying/doing irrational stuff.

Non-thinking annoys me, like people who drink bottled water, people who put cold water on burns etc. Just...not thinking.

AppleMatt

15. trule macrumors 6502

Why don't you buy a mirror, no buy two :cool:

16. Vidder thread starter macrumors regular

Vidder

Good one.

17. theimacdude macrumors member

theimacdude

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Wow, way to open minded and expose yourself to new ideas and thoughts. That is sad and pathetic in my opinion.:(

19. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I hate when people don't move in stores, especially grocery stores.

20. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

OP, I used to think a lot like you, and I gotta tell ya, it's just not worth it. All that anger takes up a lot of energy, and in the end, it only hurts you. You can spend your whole life being angry if you want to, but wouldn't you rather just live and let live? Whether to let people bother you is a choice. It's harder to make in some cases than others, but it is a choice. Just my $.02.

21. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

some days it feels like 99%... :D but on the other end, I know there's plenty of people who feel the same about me!

22. Vidder thread starter macrumors regular

Vidder

You're the only one that disagrees with me thus far that had a reasonable response.

New ideas and thoughts are not always BAD ideas and thoughts. Being around people who think and agree with me will spring up thoughts and ideas that make sense to me.

So hanging around with people that think and agree with me really has nothing to do with being open-minded...thus making your second post just as ignorant as your first.

23. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

This one confuses me.

Just because you'd prefer to have a relaxing weekend at home means that people who do differently are worthy of your hate?

I can understand disliking spoiled, stupid, ignorant people. But "people who go to parties" is a rather large demographic that probably includes a lot of people you'd probably like.

24. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

But you're meant to do that right? For at least 10 minutes? (I can hear my home ec teacher's voice echoing in my head right now)

If I'm having a hard time with something then I can end up hating pretty much anyone that's not me.

Case in point - living in halls at uni I was killing myself to learn a new language, keep developing another one, keep up with coursework, get to endless classes on an overfull timetable and work enough to pay the bills. Meanwhile I lived with a lot of people on easier courses, who had everything paid for by their parents and could go out at night or miss classes to sunbathe without it causing a major mess.

For most of the last 6 weeks I was at uni I kept myself locked up apart from meals, 'cause I was constantly angry at everyone. It was just stress, and jealousy ;)

Most of the time though, it's only say 5% of people that can 'cause me to get pissed, and it's momentary. These people are all strangers though, I'm surrounded by family and friends most of the time :)

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

My nearest town is Oldham, so yes I hate 90% of people I see :D

Nah just kidding. Unless it's 90% chavs or 90% of people who if you look at will stab you.
    I don't like the people who have loud garden parties until 4am. They were the bane of my life whilst I was still at university. Oh and when the local louts run down the road at night shouting and singing, gah :mad:.