Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhoneCollector

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2010
Home
This guy hates the iPad...

GEUdk.png

bo he loves it so much that he tries to copy the idea :)

Aatos.1

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2010
My iPad has been great, I really like it.

I also have a new Galaxy Tab which is a nice size to put in my briefcase along with my MBP, without adding the weight and bulk that the iPad does. But if I was to have just one, it's iPad hands down.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
I hate, hate, HATE my iPad...

Because it has spoiled me and turned me into an apple fan girl :p And it's making me drop $1500 on an iMac because the iPad is so stress free and I want that same experience with my desktop :) (and because stinkin' windows 7 is currently driving me insane because my darn dad got a nasty virus on his computer :( Wish he'd buy an iPad :p)
I solved that problem by buying my dad an iPad for Christmas. :)

yourtoys7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
I can't say I hate it, but sold my 1st. iPad and wating to see what iPad2 offers. I would love to by pass itunes for most things and load via usb/ sd card. At a product, I like it alot, but its incomeplette in my eyes.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

poloponies said:
Just curious if anyone here got the iPad then took it back and purchased a different tablet.

Yeah, I know. Why would former iPad owners be here? I'm sure there are a few of you hanging around. :)

Plenty of people here bitching about the iPad. Most of them don't own one, they just bitch.

My thoughts exactly. I've had mine for almost 3 months now, and I still love using it, especially when I'm out....

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
I love my 3G but HATE the way it is SO dependent on Apple and iTunes. So many limitations and I am NOT big enough of a fan-boy to overlook these drawbacks.

We will see a lot of new hardware VERY soon that will compete well with the iPad. Unless Jobs accelerates to evolution of the iPad, it will be left behind with the Apple people who just can not believe that there is something better!:eek:

Tunster

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)
My thoughts exactly. I've had mine for almost 3 months now, and I still love using it, especially when I'm out....
Ditto. I've had mine over a month and it's a wonder to use.

I hate the Apple/iPad haters for hating. You have a choice to buy it. Choice to not buy it. Choice to get an alternative.

To be honest, you know what you're buying. Anyone saying they hate the iTunes association; sell it then. It's a multimedia/business device. Not an all-in-one power-hungry iMac/PC. iTunes integration made sense for security and multimedia use. That's the sacrifice we all make for a more reliable device. No doubt you'd be moaning it can't do anything if it was based on the Mac OS X. Too many changes to the UI would of caused major headaches for too many developers.

I love to tease the haters because I know I'm loving my iPad :D.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Ditto. I've had mine over a month and it's a wonder to use.

I hate the Apple/iPad haters for hating. You have a choice to buy it. Choice to not buy it. Choice to get an alternative.

To be honest, you know what you're buying. Anyone saying they hate the iTunes association; sell it then. It's a multimedia/business device. Not an all-in-one power-hungry iMac/PC. iTunes integration made sense for security and multimedia use. That's the sacrifice we all make for a more reliable device. No doubt you'd be moaning it can't do anything if it was based on the Mac OS X. Too many changes to the UI would of caused major headaches for too many developers.

I love to tease the haters because I know I'm loving my iPad :D.
I agree. iTunes integration is essential for the success of the product. I like the fact that everything is in one place. People complain about being tied to iTunes but having it any other way would add confusion for most folks.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Why do iPad haters think "I" means "everybody".

I love my iPad. I couldn't care less if anyone else does.

rburly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2009
Florida
Yeah, I know. Why would former iPad owners be here? I'm sure there are a few of you hanging around. :)

I'm still wondering why this thread is active... Go into the iPhone forum and post a similar thread. I'm sure your responses will be quite more pointed than I'll give you. I'm only posting now because it was at the top of the posts. And...I won't read previous posts after the OP. Sheesh..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.