Does anyone STILL have a 3G model?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WiiMarioHacker, Jul 18, 2010.

1. WiiMarioHacker macrumors member

Should I buy a iPod Touch along with my iPhone 4 for development reasons? I don't see that many 3G's being around.

Thanks!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I still carry my iPhone with me as an iPod Touch. Mind you, I barely use it for apps and more for media.

3. pintnight macrumors 6502

I still have my 3G that I'm using as an iPod Touch since I got ky iPhone 4.

4. nitromaxx macrumors member

I still have my 3G and I'm still using it. (At least until the white iPhone 4 is available :D) I had the exact same thought about using it for development. It seems like a good idea to have a device dedicated to testing apps just in case something were to go wrong. It would really suck to brick a phone you count on for daily use.

5. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Still have my 3G. I was planning on upgrading to the 4 until all this antenna stuff came up. Now not so sure. Might wait a little longer.

6. thales macrumors member

I still use a 3G as my primary phone. I'm going to go with the iP4 as soon as they fix the antenna.

7. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I still have my iPhone 3G, using it more like an iPod Touch now.

as far as I can see there really is no issue with the antenna. If you want the iPhone 4 just get it. The so called antenna issue is affecting les than 1 percent of users and considering Apple sold over 3 million iPhone 4's that's just a small percentage.

The antenna problem is evident in all cell phones.

I have better reception with my iPhne 4 than I did with the iPhone 3G. When I had the 3G some areas at work I got "No Service" withthe iPhone 4 I get either 1 bar or EDGE. In my book that's a lot better than "No Service"

8. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Yup, still using mine. I'll use it until I get my White iPhone 4. Then it'll just be a backup.

9. thatoneguy92088 macrumors member

10. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Yup. Works fine on iOS4.
    I was planning on upgrading as my wife's birthday present to me, but now I think I am going to wait until my actual birthday around the end of August, just to see if all this reception stuff pans out.

11. Tronic macrumors 6502

Tronic

I have two friends using 2Gs with cracked screens, 8 - 10 with 3Gs, 4 - 5 with 3GSs and only 1 with an 4, that i know of. I'm using my 3G for another 12 days; been waiting patiently.

12. totaro macrumors newbie

Using mine still until I'm easily able to pickup a White 4.

13. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Using my 3g as a touch/back up phone. Its also now the phone I give my 4 year old to play games on. No way will I let him get his mits on the four.

14. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Have two 3G's. We passed them down to the kids as iPods. When they get older we may even re-activate them as phones. For now, they are great hand held media and gaming systems.

15. tooshaggy macrumors regular

tooshaggy

Still have my 3G but ordered my 4 Saturday!! Wonder how long it's really gonna take to get it.

16. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Me and my gf still have 3G's. Both of us are waiting for the white iPhone 4 :)

17. techluvr macrumors regular

I still have one. Slowest phone ever built. I'm stuck with it until Feb. though. At least it's an iPhone.

18. DavidMc macrumors member

I still have my 3G. Its currently in the box though. Had to pull it back out the other day to transfer a purchased album that didn't back up before I switched to the iPhone4. My wife wants the 3G but I know she will just get really frustrated with it now that has iOS4. I came close to throwing it through a wall a couple of times before I got my iPhone 4. I also have a 1st gen 32gb iPod Touch which I use for travel to store mostly movies.

19. BuiltforSin macrumors regular

BuiltforSin

20. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

still using a 3G here....in fact, just upgraded it from 3.0.1 to 3.1.3

I might get a 4 when there is a jailbreak out..or after antennagate....:D

21. elie.fares macrumors regular

22. gostan macrumors regular

I reactivated my 3G yesterday, after returning my IPhone 4 due to the faulty proximity sensor. Yes, it is slow,but it works like a phone should.....:apple:

23. Ish macrumors 68020

Ish

Still using mine. I'm on a priority list for an iP4 and I shall keep the old one until the new phone proves reliable. If it doesn't I'll return the new one and go back to the 3G.

24. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Yes still have and enjoy my 3G!

I don't find it slow, I do find it dependable and suitable for my needs.

I did consider the IP4 but when I heard it was to be made of glass I thought it strange as sometimes people drop their phones and glass breaks so easily?

The antenna issue now can not be solved but I understand the necessary case/bumper should 'help' and provide some much needed shock absorbing protection!

The proximity and camera and yellow splodge issues all seem minor issues.

I think I will hold out for IP5 as the antenna will not be on the outside of the phone! And I doubt it will be constructed of glass.

I think IP4's will be the Apple phones to avoid on Ebay in the future.

25. pbateman macrumors 6502

Im still using my 3G as my primary phone after returning the IP4 due to the antenna issue.