Does Apple "bashing" bother you?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by andreab35, Jan 9, 2009.

1. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

I think it is pretty rude.
    People are entitled to their own opinions, but doesn't it bother you?

For example, here are some Microsofters bashing Apple:
    http://qna.live.com/ShowQuestion.as...g=windows+7&c0=AAo=&c1=AAA=&page=1&d=sZ5yyQ==

And I guess PCWorld hates them too:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/130994/10_things_we_hate_about_apple.html

I mean, sometimes you just think that things need a chance. Like people who "hate" Apple never tried out any of their products, etc... and automatically put the company as being "hated." And we've given Windows a chance... and some of us love Mac OS X better, like I do.

I am a new "switcher," and I'm happy I made the switch. I like the way Mac OS X handles, and I think for the years I've been using Windows, I'd like to join the Apple crew for good. But, I don't go bashing Windows either like Apple haters do. Look, currently, I'm downloading the beta version of Windows 7 for a Windows desktop and a Windows laptop!

What is your opinion to all of this Apple bashing? Are you a Windows basher?

(I don't mean to cause any controversy either, I'd just like to hear your say :).)

----

One more question to you all - I bet some of you consider yourselves as "fanboys". Is there such thing known as a, "fangirl?" :cool:

2. ukmacpro macrumors member

I think that Apple users bash back just as much!!

It doesn't bother me, I've made the choice of using OSX because it suits the way I work... I'm sure there are plenty of people that find they don't suit working with OSX

Sometimes I think it's time we all grew up a little and respected the right other people have to make their own choices....

But then it is VERY entertaining when Apple users and Microsoft users do battle!!! If only they could make this into reality TV programme...

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Not really. I don't take any company I buy products from seriously enough to be offended by people criticising them (fairly or unfairly).

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

bashing any company doesn't bother me in the slightest. everyone can have their own opinions. what does bother me is the spreading of misinformation.

5. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Yes. My girlfriend bashes by iphone all the time, I'm going to bash her in the head with my phone one day. :mad:

:D:p

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Doesn't bother me in the least. I guess I've grown a thick skin since I've been a Mac user since 1987.

As for Apple users, plenty of stupid Microsoft bashing goes on here.

7. bartelby macrumors Core

That's what bothers me the most...

8. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I find bashing (both ways) to be immature and my view of a person that I see bashing a platform goes down after reading such a post. Yes, I do prefer Mac OS X to windows but I'm not going to go preach it in the streets and I should hope that others follow that same line of thinking. If the subject of computing comes up and my opinion is asked then I will state it, but without trying to bash windows in the process.

9. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

It all depends on what you're looking for in a computer, sure some people prefer Windows to Mac OS X or vice versa but I think the operating system isn't the biggest reason why people pick Mac or PCs, it's the completely different business models. Surely if either tried out the others business model a lot of the "fanboys" would not be so happy with the companies. Windows could have less errors if they controlled the hardware and software like Mac but wouldn't have all the options that they currently do, and Mac could have more options if they opened their OS but would have more errors due to not having control over the hardware and software.

10. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

I couldn't care less. I made the purchases, so I'm not too concerned what anyone else has to say about it.

11. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I love reading the bashing threads whether it be PC or apple.

I find it funny watching the ignorance and the my friend has a, or the immediate jmp to that is junk, the I would nevers, Windows sucks but have it loaded to play mygames, Apple sucks cuz I can't play my games, and so on.

But through it all there is usually some very good information in those threads.

12. Queso macrumors G4

It does annoy me when someone tries to tell me I'm only a Mac user because I want to be cool or that I'm an idiot for paying too much for a computer.

I use the platform I prefer using, that's all.

And it's my ****ing money, I'll spend it how I want ;)

13. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Same.

14. SlasherDuff macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

+1

And I can sleep better at night, knowing I have really saved some cash by getting a Mac, and not having to buy updates for virus software, and possibly a new hard drive when something happens to infect my machine every six months. No more Norton bothering me, no more AdAware, I can breathe easier too:)

I also got tired of replacing my data every other month as well.

15. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

Not really, I use mac because I feel it is a superior OS. I don't need to boast to others about how it makes my life easier or stream lines my work. If someone wants to use a PC I don't have a problem with it, unless they are trying to connect to my printers. No sir, not my printer.

16. crain300 macrumors member

everyone entitled to their own thoughts
    but i sleep better knowing mine is better than :D lol

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

At MR:
    - Unwarranted Microsoft bashing bothers me. Most don't even have a personal reason for hating Windows, particularly XP. They just parrot what other people have listed in other threads.

- People who mindlessly defend Apple bother me.

- Apple bashing doesn't bother me at all, as I'm almost glad to see some people who can see the good and the bad.

In the "Real World"™:

- Unwarranted Apple bashing bothers me, because most of them don't have a good reason.

- Microsoft bashing doesn't bother me because at least typical people tell me the reason.

My feeling at MR is different from my feelings off the boards. Hell, I'm different off these boards.

18. KelchM macrumors regular

It bothers me about as much as Microsoft bashing.

19. BlackSnow macrumors regular

BlackSnow

Unwarranted bashing bothers me quite a bit, regardless of the subject.

20. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

that bothers me too, I just hate it when people tell other people about how bad macs are

21. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I am bothered only to the extent that the basher in question treats in me in some lesser way because of my association with Apple. For two reasons: 1) Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and 2) I already know Apple is superior. Usually, however, every time they come up some nasty thing to say about Apple I can refute it with articles and statistics ('evidence') and it sends them packing.

It doesn't bother me unless they get personally nasty. Then, yeah..

22. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

So the majority of the content of forums are basically a point of permanent bother to you?

23. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

My buddy who sits beside me in my Data Management class constantly bashes Apple. He's a HUGE Microsoft fanboy. His idea of Apple consumers is "they're a bunch of arrogant fools who buy anything with aluminum with an Apple logo on it. If Steve, or even that clown Phil introduce it, the Starbucks idiots will buy it."

Of course, whenever we have Apple vs. Microsoft debates, I rape him :cool:

24. yadmonkey macrumors 65816

yadmonkey

It doesn't bother me, in and of itself. However, it is all too often destructive in forums and conversations, degrading good discussions into a battle of fanboy prejudice on both sides. That bothers me.

25. K3mp macrumors 6502

Same here. The misinformation always leads to bashing.