Don't Lie ????

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ipadpro, Jun 27, 2015.

1. ipadpro macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

If someone giving you free gift including rolex/apple watch gold edition, which one will you want
    to get ,,,,,, say the truth ,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 88Keys macrumors regular

88Keys

The Rolex obviously, to sell, and then buy a SS Apple Watch and pocket the rest.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Exactly. Maybe a few Apple watch bands too :)

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I'll take the more expensive one, sell it, and get something else.

5. doboy macrumors 68000

6. ipadpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

hahahaha ..... all you guy have smart answer ,,,,, :D

7. ipadpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

why apple don't announce how many apple watch gold edition sell so far ???

maybe 100,000 already ,,,,,:)

8. MonstaMash macrumors regular

MonstaMash

9. HowlinAl macrumors regular

HowlinAl

Wow, that's a good looking watch. So is the Rolex.

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I'd have to see if I can find a Rolex I like. Most of the Rolex watches I've seen are way too complicated for my taste. If there is an extremely simple Rolex, with just the time and no date, I might take that. If not, I'll take the Apple watch Edition.

11. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

12. aberrero macrumors 6502a

That Rolex is hideous, and the Apple Watch Edition is moronic.

I'd sell either one. If I had to wear one, I'd take the Apple Watch.

13. HowlinAl macrumors regular

HowlinAl

I don't see where the Edition looks any better than the SS, really. That Rolex looks amazing, about a million times better than any product Apple has ever imagined.

14. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

I had/have many high end watches and don't wear them anymore. Sold some, selling the rest except maybe one. I prefer the Apple watch :)

15. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

If the person would not be insulted by you selling the watch, I'd take the Rolex and sell it. If they would be insulted then I'd take the Apple watch and wear it.

16. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Rolex. No brainer. The Watch Edition got branded as "the new gold standard in douchebag detection." I would not want to be caught wearing one.

17. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I've never really understood why the Edition watch makes you a douche and a Rolex doesn't. There both vastly overpriced, you could buy a timepiece that will do exactly the same thing for much cheaper with both devices.

18. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Whichever I could sell for the most money, since I wouldn't want either one. I'm not interested in a regular watch, I stopped wearing them once I started carrying a cellphone with me. And I just personally prefer silver colored jewelry, gold isn't for me. Like one person said, sell it and buy a SS Apple watch and several bands.

19. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

Can you imagine what response Rolex owners would say in the "Rolex Forum" if the same question was asked?

20. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I'm sure they're used to gaudy Rolexes like the one pictured in the OP but not me!

I won't consider a 38mm, much less the Modern Buckle, so it'll have to be a different Edition model if I am to wear it.

21. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Well, Rolex has decades of history and tradition in its side. When Anna Kendrick made the douchbag statement, people laughed and then it stuck to the AW.

22. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

I'd take the whichever one I could sell for more money and sell it.

23. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It doesn't mean you might not look like a douchebag wearing a gaudy, diamond-encrusted Rolex.

24. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I kind of immediately went with sell the Rolex, suspecting it's worth the most. I don't consider that watch to be tasteful at all. Mixes way too many materials, kind of like find all the things people associate with $s and put it in the watch. My tastes run towards the more simple and elegant, which is why I would prefer the Watch edition for wearing over that Rolex. Apple does understated pretty well.

That said I'm not a fan of that particular setup of Edition either. I've actually always been a fan of SS over gold for jewelry but will admit to seeing a few Edition watch/band combos that I could see myself wearing albeit for the price aspect. Also while looking for 3rd party high quality bands out there have seen a number of more expensive traditional watches that rock the band in the photo. To be honest though after wearing my AW for about a month now would find it hard to go back to spending money, a little or a lot, for a watch that only tells time. They really have become just jewelry to me I guess.

25. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Reality check :rolleyes:
    I don't know anyone who would gift me either watch. o_O