Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SFjohn

macrumors 68020
Sep 8, 2016
Except there’s no reason why the damned thing couldn’t do the same pinging as those Macs do, now, is there?
Once you’ve set up the AVP it’s useless to anyone else to use. You have to enter your code and pass the retina scan to get full use out of it. Unlike your iPhone the AVP isn’t meant to be used in public.

Neepman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2008
No tracking on the first iteration is a classic apple FU. I'm sure it will be a feature on the next version. It will be interesting when a teardown is done if there is a space for the missing electronics as brazen as the space for the un-included camera on the first ipad.

MyOwnDrummer

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2022
USA
It'd be funny if they actually designed in a little space specifically for an AirTag (that you have to provide, of course)

"Nickel and Dime Tim" knows no bounds
You talk about something that doesn’t exist.

Then you bash Tim for that.

When it doesn’t even exist.

Make sense of this please.

• Disagree
Reactions: Surf Monkey

castlerock

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2009
I’m not sure what’s so hard for Apple to at least provide the wi-fi network the Vision Pro was last seen on. GPS isn’t necessarily needed to infer a location with this info.

thebart

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2023
You lost your AVP? Next, you're going to tell me you misplaced your child.

Inconceivable!

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
You lost your AVP? Next, you're going to tell me you misplaced your child.

Inconceivable!

While overseas in Italy on a group trip I placed my back pack under the bench I was sitting on. There was some commotion and I got up to see what was happening. Completely forgot my back pack with all of my $$$ DSLR gear. Some nice lady noticed my omission picked it up and brought it to me.

It happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.