Dont plan on the iPhone being released Monday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbplayer5, Jun 5, 2008.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Seriously... dont. Apple is going to want lines wrapped around the block and people camping out to get it. This creates more curiosity, more enthusiasm, and more press coverage.

The phone will probably be released that Friday, or the 27th (end of the month). If I had to bet money, I'd day June 27th and 6pm.

2. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

They won't go that long...

Maybe Monday, the 16th...

3. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

I hope its not released on monday. I camped out for iPhone v1 and it was a blast.. want to do it again this year

4. corrado7 macrumors regular

corrado7

almost two months without sales??? use your nugget and think

5. cineapple macrumors regular

That's what I would think given apple's release history, but they have pulled all of the current iphones off the shelves, which is uncommon. I can't imagine Apple and AT&T not releasing the new iphone once it is announced. Otherwise they will not have anything to sell in terms of the iphone.

just my 2 cents

6. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

My money is on it being sold starting this Friday at 6pm.

EDIT - D'oh!! I meant next Friday, the 13th, at 6pm. Dumb me.

7. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

8. robhedin macrumors regular

Who said anything about 2 months without sales? If some of the rumours are correct and that they keep the current generation phone as available, especially for people in areas not served by 3G, then the current generation phone (presumably with v2 software) could go back on sale as early as Monday (perhaps with reduced pricing) with the New! Improved! 3G iPhone going on sale later on in the month (the 27th or so).

This would have the net effect of allow sales to restart; allow people who don't care about 3G or new features to buy a (possibly less expensive) iPhone; and keep people from complaining about having bought an original iPhone only to have the new one released shortly thereafter.

For this to be effective, of course, there would have to be a price differential between the two devices.

rob.

9. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Do you hear yourself? FRIDAY THE 13TH?? Do you really think apple would do that? Come on.. they are smarter than that. :p

10. Tytanius macrumors member

I still have my bet on 15/16th due to AT&T not being able to go on vacation starting then.

11. Wingnut330 macrumors 6502a

No way they wait that long. Newsweek article elludes to the fact that they are already here. I agree about lines etc, but I don't see them not wanting to sell phones for weeks and weeks just to create buzz. MY guess is the 16th.

If the inventory is there, they will want to move the phones. They aren't in the phone storage business.

12. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

13. Libitina macrumors 6502

Libitina

I think if they started selling it on the 13th, it'd turn out to be quite a lucky day for them.

How many will be sold the first day do you think? Worldwide.

14. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

Sorry I'm confused. Why would Apple pull their phones off the market for a FULL MONTH, only then to be like 'Ok here they are again!' That makes no logical sense. They have STOPPED production completely of v1. they might create 2 versions, but neither will be v1.

15. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I really doubt you would have the same huge lines this time. I would say a majority of normal users will not upgrade right away. .

16. corrado7 macrumors regular

corrado7

the quote applies to you too!!

you pull the iphone off the shelfs for more then one month??? for what reason??

17. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

I'm gonna go against everyone here on this ENTIRE thread and say Friday the 20th 6pm. Doesn't that make sense? on the 16th at&t can't be on break anymore and apple likes releasing their stuff on a friday. Last time they released the iphone in the middle of the at&t employee vacation-free block of time.

18. saxamoophone macrumors regular

Seriously...don't expect it go come out that late in the month. =p

I fully expect to see them at all apple stores by the 20th at the latest. And maybe as soon as Wed or Fri next week.

19. Unguided macrumors newbie

Though the hype isn't there for this anymore, the iPhone is out this is just an upgrade. Yes it is a big upgrade but it's not in effect a new product that they could announce and then hold off selling for a few weeks and build up the hype for the release.

I seem to think that the 16GB iPhone and 32gb iPod Touch were out very close after the announcement earlier this year, again upgrades to an existing line. So we could probably expect the same trend with the iPhone 2.0

20. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

21. mathewr macrumors 6502

i think making the phone available as soon as it is announced will create the most hysteria. Imagine being at an apple store around 1ish and all of sudden they bring out the phones people will go nuts. They already had lines and people camping out and the fact that most people were still able to get the phone without camping out will cause less lines. The emotional response people will have if jobs said th phone is now available so go get it. I can see half the people at the WWDC leaving the place. That i think would cause the most press.

22. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

I believe they will begin *shipping* on Monday. With stores receiving them a day or so later.

23. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

another good point why they WON'T be released next week. They don't want to take anything away from WWDC. So they will be released no earlier than the 16th. seriously, I couldn't see them being released any earlier than that.

24. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I hope some of you understand that Apple doesn't want to hold off sales for much longer. The iPhone won't be released late June, common sense. There is no actual proof that the AT&T memo says June 15-July 12, there have been no pictures or evidence other than like 1 article.

I expect it to go on sale within a few days after the keynote.

25. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Well if they put it on sale Friday the 13th. That willl still give them a full week to publicize it.

I'm thinking back a couple weeks, to the Grand opening of the Boston Apple Store, they only gave a few days notice maybe the Thursday or Friday beforehand. and there were close to 1,000 people in line.