Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolwater

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Finger is okay but I'd really want a stylus with my iPhone.

Attachments

• lg-prada.jpg
    lg-prada.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 74

slpdLoad

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2009
Nooooo, if your finger works great, why some cheap stick that you can lose?

xanadeath

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
California
touchy feely

Nah im just fine with my fingers, and i think that everyone else is too. The iPhone is so easy to use....why make it stupid and complex by adding a stylus. None of us need that kind of accuracy on our iPhones.

JPyre

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2005
Pistolvania
Hahaha, that was much better than the response I was going to leave. :)

But yea, I've used stylie for years, no need to go back, they get lost, they scratch everything but glass, it's why I've never had interest in the DS either.

On the upside voice recognition is finally getting better, I like google app and am eager to try voice over on the 3GS...

macfanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
watch macworld 07 keynote when jobs first introduced the iphone.

he jokes about using a stylus

it'll never happen

bradenwh

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2008
A stylus does come in handy in drawing apps or when you don't feel like smudging up the screen. I bought a Pogo stylus a long while back for about $15. I definitely don't regret buying it. I don't use it that much, because it's impossible to type with (too slow), but I enjoy using it when I do.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Being able to use either finger or stylus is darned handy at times.

Many times I'll pull it out to jot down the dimensions and shape of something I'm going to Home Depot to buy parts or lumber for.

My daughter learned to write very early by drawing letters and watching a handheld of mine translate them into letters.

And then there's the harsh wintertime... where using something other than a bare finger can sure be nice.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
A stylus does come in handy in drawing apps or when you don't feel like smudging up the screen. I bought a Pogo stylus a long while back for about $15. I definitely don't regret buying it. I don't use it that much, because it's impossible to type with (too slow), but I enjoy using it when I do.

+1

iPhone's autocorrect is fine, unless you are trying to enter in a contact name/address, or my task list, which is a bunch of code that is unintelligible to anyone other than me. Pogo stick lets me hit the exact key I want, every time, even if overall, it is faster to "type" with my fingers. So when I want speed, it's my fingers, but when I need accuracy, the Pogo comes out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.