Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Wirelessly posted

Will this function still work when the 5.1.1 Jb is out?

Ie. always allow to downgrade to 5.1.-

Netherscourge

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
Wirelessly posted

Will this function still work when the 5.1.1 Jb is out?

Ie. always allow to downgrade to 5.1.-

Most likely.

But do not upgrade past 5.1.1 if Apple releases a new update to patch this Downgrading exploit, which they WILL.

Since it's not a bootrom exploit, Apple can just patch this downgrade method away with a iOS software update.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
SUCCESS!

I've just downgraded from 5.0.1 back to 5.0.1. I'm going to rejailbreak soon.

Edit: jailbroke again with absinthe. :D

Last edited:

gd6

macrumors member
May 9, 2012
my device is currently ios 5.0, but whenever I backup shsh in tinyumbrella, it lists the saved shsh's as 4s ios 5.1. Anybody else had this problem?

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
my device is currently ios 5.0, but whenever I backup shsh in tinyumbrella, it lists the saved shsh's as 4s ios 5.1. Anybody else had this problem?

You cant back up SHSH for 5.0 today apple isnt signing it anymore

gd6

macrumors member
May 9, 2012
crap, I thought SHSH's were saved locally on the phone for some reason, so I thought they could be pulled off at anytime as long as you had the phone on that IOS. Well better to learn this late than never!

Is this unique to the a5 deviceS? I just recently saved all the SHSH blobs from an iphone for on ios 4.2.1 and it looked to save a number of old ios 4.x.x shsh's just fine.

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon
One thing, the tutorial in idownload blog says
If you’ve jailbroken your device before, you should have those available on Cydia, and therefore you can use the Remote option.

I did jailbroke my IP4S when it was on 5.0.1, and I was pretty sure that I saved my SHSH, because my iPad has them saved, but somehow my TinyUmbrella doesn't show them...

My question is, may I try to downgrade my I4S using the "Remote blobs"?

daooof

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2010
Just got myself into a recovery loop :/ will restoring to 5.1.1 fix it? If not what are my other options?

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon
Use redsn0w and make sure. I forgot what the option you had to pick was but it's in Extras I think and it may have been Query. Not near laptop so I can't check.

I'll try...

In the other hand, my iPad keeps saying "Couldn't restore"... Damn god... And I was on 5.0.1...

isoft7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2011
Say you got a brand new iPhone 4S today, with firmware 5.0.1, could you use this tool to backup the blob even though Apple no longer signs this code? Or lets say the phone had 5.1, same deal?

Does it have to be the latest firmware (5.1.1) to create a backup?

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
UK
So I never backed up any blobs with my iPhone 4, but when I open cydia it shows: SSH: 4.2.1, 4.3.3, 5.0, 5.0.1 so how to downgrade? how to get them to go to Redsn0w?
Thanks for help!

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
So I never backed up any blobs with my iPhone 4, but when I open cydia it shows: SSH: 4.2.1, 4.3.3, 5.0, 5.0.1 so how to downgrade? how to get them to go to Redsn0w?
Thanks for help!

Redsn0w > Extras > SHSH blobs > Fetch then stitch it to the ipsw for the firmware you want to go to. You can download the firmware from here if you don't already have it.

After you're done stitching, restore using that custom ipsw you just made.

(I think that's how it's done but I'm not 100% sure since I've never done it for an iPhone 4 so someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Say you got a brand new iPhone 4S today, with firmware 5.0.1, could you use this tool to backup the blob even though Apple no longer signs this code? Or lets say the phone had 5.1, same deal?

Does it have to be the latest firmware (5.1.1) to create a backup?

No.
You have to had the 5.0.1 blobs saved back when apple was still signing that firmware.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Redsn0w > Extras > SHSH blobs > Fetch then stitch it to the ipsw for the firmware you want to go to. You can download the firmware from here if you don't already have it.

After you're done stitching, restore using that custom ipsw you just made.

(I think that's how it's done but I'm not 100% sure since I've never done it for an iPhone 4 so someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Ohhh crap, that Redsn0w shows that that is just for A5 devices...

a13x4nd3r

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
Do i need a 5.1.1 firmware to restore if im at 5.0.1?? I saw a video on youtube that show the step by step but it was an ipad 2 running ios 5.1.1.

I want to start over again, my phone is slow right now.. And the lock screen animation is gone, which annoy the hell out of me

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Do i need a 5.1.1 firmware to restore if im at 5.0.1?? I saw a video on youtube that show the step by step but it was an ipad 2 running ios 5.1.1.

I want to start over again, my phone is slow right now.. And the lock screen animation is gone, which annoy the hell out of me

Yes you need 5.1.1 too.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Been having battery issues, so I was eager to try this out. Worked flawlessly, as did re-jailbreaking with Redsn0w. So thankful for this ability.

----------

Most likely.

But do not upgrade past 5.1.1 if Apple releases a new update to patch this Downgrading exploit, which they WILL.

Since it's not a bootrom exploit, Apple can just patch this downgrade method away with a iOS software update.

If Apple releases such and update, then this method will cease to work, no matter what firmware his phone is on. This method updates your firmware to the latest version before downgrading it, and requires that Apple still be signing that firmware.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Been having battery issues, so I was eager to try this out. Worked flawlessly, as did re-jailbreaking with Redsn0w. So thankful for this ability.

----------

If Apple releases such and update, then this method will cease to work, no matter what firmware his phone is on. This method updates your firmware to the latest version before downgrading it, and requires that Apple still be signing that firmware.

How was the jailbreak with Redsn0w? I restored with it but jailbroke with Absinthe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.