downgrading to iOS8

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by zoran, Feb 8, 2016.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Ive recently upgraded on my iPad to iOS9 and ive seen some serious bugs. The tablet would freeze, shutdown and unable to restart unless i did the reset boot procedure.
    I believe that iOS9 has issues and therefore i want to downgrade to iOS8. Is it possible and how?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

What iPad version is it? Generally speaking it's not something that's possible though.

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Its the first iPadAir. Not possible? Why not?

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Because your iPad checks with Apple's servers before installing any iOS to see if it's a signed, valid, and untampered with, and Apple stopped signing iOS 8 shortly after iOS 9 was released.
    That's how it works with every new iOS.

5. skyperbon macrumors regular

Sorry, but it is not possible to downgrade to iOS 8 any longer as Apple has stopped signing that version of iOS. Apple usually stops signing older version of iOS a few weeks after they release a newer version.

One can stay on the old version of iOS without updating to a newer version, but once updated, it is impossible to downgrade to an older version.

6. asv56kx3088 macrumors 6502

It is not possible to downgrade to iOS 8. At this moment I would suggest you restore the iPad and give it one more try.