Duck Massacre - What the heck is wrong with people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
Original poster

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
I'm all for corporal punishment in these cases. Flog the bastard then throw him into a mental institution and loose the key... :mad:
i can agree with you here for sure, i mean this guy has to be a nutcase or something, disturbing

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Stampyhead said:
How sad. Ducks are cool.
Yeah, I've had a pair of pet ducks and they really do make great pets when kept outside all the time... I really miss them dearly... I remember they would quack next to my window in the morning to wake me up for school, and they would wait next to the mailbox when i got off the bus, and they would follow me down the driveway... *sigh*

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
This is a shame, it is beyond me why people would do this... Clearly they were quite disturbed.

It is obvous the ducks were important to the car wash owners. Sad news.

-quack

nsutt22

macrumors regular
May 5, 2005
And when it couldnt get any worse... they started going after the ducks. Its like the beggining of a crappy book.

RIP - Little Ducky friends RIP

MacNoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2005
Colorado
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
I'm all for corporal punishment in these cases. Flog the bastard then throw him into a mental institution and loose the key... :mad:
I'm not, what I’d do if I caught up with this guy would be to take him and stick him in a closed off parking lot or alley and take his own car and hit him a few times with it just to see how he feels after it, if he's not dead by then grab him and slam him into his own car like he did with flushing the rest of the ducks out.

I'm sorry but I'm more for eye for an eye then I am for a mental institution, why lock this guy up feed him clothe him and spend tax payer money on keeping him locked up?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

lem0n

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Milano...
how could he? >_< and why didn't that woman in the phone booth say something or come orward in that matter, she should know the guy's face...

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
MacNoobie said:
I'm sorry but I'm more for eye for an eye then I am for a mental institution, why lock this guy up feed him clothe him and spend tax payer money on keeping him locked up?
Your frustration is valid -- but part of being human is being responsible for other people, no mattter how vile the actions of those other people may be (foundational ethcial imperative!). We're not as far removed from doing horrendous things as each of us may think, and we're all in this "thing" together.

Or, more simply, who among us hasn't played Duck Hunt?

If any good could come out of this, maybe he got that ducking AFLAC duck and its duckling minions ...

:eek:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That is very sad. It would take a very weird individual to do something like. :(

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I heard about this on the Noon news today. Made me sick. I've been to that car wash before when I was a kid. I really hope they catch this idiot and throw the book at him :mad:

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
thedude110 said:
but part of being human is being responsible for other people
Come again?

[Not trying to be confrontational so don't flip out at me ok :D]

I am my own person. I do not kill ducks. I am responsible for my own actions.
Some crazy man is his own person. He does kill ducks. He is responsible for his own actions.

I am not responsible for the crazy man killing ducks.

And even if we are all in this thing together, I am not going to feel responsible for his actions just because I am supposedly close to doing something equally horrendous.

I don't mean to be so direct, and to some extent I understand what you are saying, but in general there is something in that line of thinking that worries me. If I took what you meant too literally, then I guess most of this is pointless. Oh well. ;)

And yes, who can forget Duck Hunt. It's awesome!!! :) :) :)

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
Why didn't the ducks fly away? Were their wings clipped? Yes, it was random and violent, but it's not that tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.