"Dude I ran over your iPad"

dodk09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
FedEx driver admits to running over my new iPad. Totally Sucks.

Then FedEx says that all they can do it mark the package "refused" and I have to take it up with Apple. Unbelievable.

Attachments

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
DAMN. I'm SO sorry to hear that.

How the heck did he run over it? (I'm not expecting an answer...it's more of a rhetorical question.)

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Oh my gosh I cannot believe it! Did he explain how exactly he did that? I'm sorry for that, and I certainly hope that they take care of you as quick as possible.

drb1992

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2011
Wow that sucks! I wouldn't stand for that though. It's Fedex's fault, so they should pay for a new one or something.

100Teraflops

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Elyria, Ohio
Yeah, we'll you my friend have the right to be pissed off. There goes my assumption that the new iPad can't take a beat down. At least the person was honest, but it's hard to sugar coat or hide that much damage. Again, I'm sorry for your loss!

AppleFan115

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2012
If you bought it with a credit card or something, and you have more on your credit limit, you should just go get an iPad at any Apple Store, they have tons of them, and then Apple can simply refund this one, that way you can start using it today.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
This is the poor guys job. Atleast he was honest. I would be upset too but there are more important things in the world. Like having a job to feed your family.

sartios

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2012
London
How the hell did he run over it? Retarded courier drivers, your supposed to put it the back of the van, not under the wheels.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
Actually FedEx needs to take it up with Apple. It was their fault. I would take it to the Apple store, explain what happened. Hopefully they will give you a new one and they will in turn bill FedEx. I hope FedEx admits their fault to Apple.

You need to get the names of everyone with FedEx that you talked to and go to the Apple store ASAP.

good luck

bawbac

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2012
Seattle, WA
Did you power it up?

If it works, you might not be able to see the scratchs with the retina display.
It might be a keeper.

Seriously, I hope you didn't accept the package.
If you did, it might be hard to return it.

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
If you bought it with a credit card or something, and you have more on your credit limit, you should just go get an iPad at any Apple Store, they have tons of them, and then Apple can simply refund this one, that way you can start using it today.
What he said, or buy one at any local store and just get a refund from Apple.

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
Pretty unreal. You've heard "That Sucks" enough. Bottomline is that they take care of it for you!:(