Dust underneath the iphone 7 home button.

sharabii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
I notice their is dust trapped underneath my home button, is that just me or has anybody else been experience this?

Brandon Hobart

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2016
United Kingdom
I notice their is dust trapped underneath my home button, is that just me or has anybody else been experience this?
Dust under the Home Button does not make any sense as the iPhone 7 actually don't contain a home button that is pressable. Anyways, if dust has gone under it, you should upload a clear picture of your iPhone over here. So that we can have an idea what are you talking about.

Reactions: kkh786

sharabii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
ill take a photo soon to show you guys, but it seems my camera can't take a good shot any ideas?

Defender2010

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2010
England
Dust under the Home Button does not make any sense as the iPhone 7 actually don't contain a home button that is pressable. Anyways, if dust has gone under it, you should upload a clear picture of your iPhone over here. So that we can have an idea what are you talking about.
Like a clear pic of a mock non existing iPhone like you posted? :rolleyes: Real helpful

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
What is that attachment and why did you post it?

sharabii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
Well i mean its still possible isnt it? Its still glass underneath just because you cant click it anymore.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
alexrat??? sorry im new i just signed up last night
Alias?
[doublepost=1477668054][/doublepost]Dust under home button......really.......talk about digging for an issue. Have you checked the heads of your pentalope screws to confirm they match each other identically. I can't see under my home button, obstructed by my fingerprint on its surface. I'm gonna run out and buy a jewler's loop so I can get a closer look. Hang on I be right back.........

I have owned a dozen iPhones and have never had the inclination to look so closely at my home button to find a flaw. Would this even be a flaw? Let's assume there is dust under the home button. SO WHAT? How does that effect it's function? It's meant for pushing, not viewing.
[doublepost=1477668876][/doublepost]
my 6s plus had this issue its normal apple won't clean it.
how is it an issue?

Last edited:
Reactions: willmtaylor
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.