E-mailed STEVE JOBS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68030
May 18, 2004
Even people with poor communication skills deserve good customer service!

It seems that Apple wants to try to repair a problem as many as 3 times before they give up and replace the computer so be prepared to be patient if the problem continues

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Even people with poor communication skills deserve good customer service!...
You are absolutely right. Unfortunately, they often don't get good service. It's not fair, just a fact. :( Not everyone who works in service can or wants to see/hear through bad communication, to get at the real issue.

Anyway, back ot - Djmx, I'm glad (and surprised) they called you. Hope you got the name of the person you spoke with, and that you don't ever need it because this last repair works. :)

AlexisV

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Manchester, UK
Well done Mark.

Frankly, I don't think you deserved to be helped and hope you felt pretty embarrassed when he called you back.

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
And, your e-mail is a joke. For a college student you have terrible grammar. And if you really wanted some help from him you wouldn't threaten a lawsuit. :rolleyes:
Well you know what they say, 1/3 freshman college students wont graduate ;)

(yes statistic pulled out of my ass but its in the ball park)

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Wow! You guys crack me up! LOL! anyways.. so Monday I'm shipping my MacBook Pro Dual Core 2.16 GHz to repair and see what happens. I'll keep you guys posted!

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
I don't believe it. But if it's true let's hope the dictionary in OS X on your Mac has been fixed as well. :rolleyes:

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Wow! You guys crack me up! LOL! anyways.. so Monday I'm shipping my MacBook Pro Dual Core 2.16 GHz to repair and see what happens. I'll keep you guys posted!
... CORE DUO...

you are asking for a replacement machine when you dont even know your own machine.. geez...

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ
Original Poster:

Your message to Steve Jobs is possibly the most pathetic attempt at any form of communication I've seen in the past decade or so. Your lack of correct grammar usage, usage of shorthand, incorrect references to the affected product which you claim to own, and overall horrendous sentence structure ultimately degrade not just your email to Steve, but those sent by anyone else. What you and a great number of people on these forums do not realize is that future people with legitimate concerns to be raised with Steve Jobs will ultimately be discouraged by the sheer fact that Apple most likely receives a large volume of mail in similar quality to your message. As such, Apple customers with legitimate issues will start to think, "Why should I email Steve Jobs? Nothing will be done. It's not like anyone will actually read the emails, especially with people like this and their frivolous emails." The result isn't a pretty one, as customers will lose their confidence that their issues will be solved. Accuse me of overreacting, but I believe that the lack of sense demonstrated through such messages will essentially degrade the messages others need to convey.

Do yourself a favor for the next time. Brush up on your facts. Know what you purchased and the dynamics behind it. Learn about the company's policies and procedures before you go barking up the chain without reason. Teach yourself how to compose a reasonable letter, one without threats or incorrect references. Know your rights as a consumer, and don't aimlessly threaten legal action without grounds. Most importantly of all, learn how to deal with situations such as this. Two repairs is perfectly reasonable for a machine, but you were dead-set against a second repair. Apple made an attempt to rectify the problem, but you simply refused. You were too impatient and too stubborn to go through the proper channels, so you went straight to the top. As a result, the representative didn't believe you really had a case, and repeated the same thing AppleCare had told you.

I ask you as a favor, please do not conduct correspondence with corporations in a fashion similar to your message to Apple. Such messages "gum up the works" for the employees reading them, as they have to work several times harder to attempt to understand a person whose message truly doesn't deserve to be understood. I know that if I had a position in Apple's Corporate Executive Relations department, I would loathe reading messages like this because I know the people writing them put the absolute minimum of effort in composing their messages.

I do realize that many MR visitors will view my post as harsh, but a lack of effort in communication is a major problem in today's world. If someone isn't to be firm with the problems associated, I believe that the problem will only progress into one which cannot be rectified. Aside from that, my post is harsh because I was once a customer who needed to contact Steve Jobs as a last resort. I had invested a great amount of valuable time into calling Apple's normal channels (AppleCare, Customer Relations, PR, etc.), while the OP appears to have put in a tiny fraction of that effort. Just the impatience that the OP has demonstrated angers me, as I and many others struggled with our Apple-related issues for much longer periods of time. While this post may seem like a rant, please do not blow-off my comments, as they were made in response to a serious issue plaguing today's society.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Original Poster:

Your message to Steve Jobs is possibly the most pathetic attempt at any form of communication I've seen in the past decade or so.
to infinity and beyond.
A slight case of overkill? I think the poster got the message.

Everyone's favourite thread closer must be lurking close by...

jackc

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
This letter signals the downfall of civilization. The accumulated knowledge of interpersonal communication since the Neolithic period has apparently been lost. Way to go, OP.
:p

theLimit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2007
up tha holler, acrost tha crick
Okay a few minutes ago I got a Call from Apple! A Guy named Mark he said he is returning my call from the email i send to STEVE JOBS. I'm surprised he found my information and all. So he told me that it has to go to 1 more repair before going for a replacement I tried to argue and say no I don't want to go to another repair, But he said I have to. So really they didn't help me that much... Another repair.. :eek:
After all the replies about grammar we get this wondrous utterance. I sincerely hope English is not your native language.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I find it funny how the OP got a call back and stated something along the lines of how he did not know how they got his information. I'm having a hard time believing he got a call back based on the e-mail.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
I find it funny how the OP got a call back and stated something along the lines of how he did not know how they got his information. I'm having a hard time believing he got a call back based on the e-mail.
Product registrations, credit card/shipping info, you get the idea. If they really can't contact you back through one of those other ways, they email you back and ask.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
...knowing that many people try to email Steve himself asking for help...
Not all emails to steve go to customer support..some of them aren't appropriate for that :) I'm sure there's a few people emailing those addresses hoping to talk to steve...and i'm sure there's an assistant or two that does :p

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
I think the OP really should have asked for advice before emailing, rather than the other way around.

If he had, he'd have been told that in most cases the machine has to be sent in for repair at least 3 times before Apple will even think about replacing the machine, and then it's by being polite and not threatening with lawsuits that it gets done.

Seems a waste of resources to ring him and tell him the obvious, I'm sure a lot of people have genuine problems that are a lot more serious.

Next time, ask on forums first, and then when every other avenue has been explored, email the big people.

Status
Not open for further replies.