Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iaymnu

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2007
Just received my matte (clear) aluminum top and bottom. It feels like touching a blackboard. Not quite smooth. Now I need to smooth it.
Besides that there is minimum reception drop which is a plus.

this providence

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2012
Just received my matte (clear) aluminum top and bottom. It feels like touching a blackboard. Not quite smooth. Now I need to smooth it.
Besides that there is minimum reception drop which is a plus.

I was just curious how long it took them to ship the case out to you?

I ordered on the 2nd and it doesn't appear like my order was processed yet. The money was deducted from my account that day but I was just wondering about the turnaround time. Debating whether I should call later today or give it a few days before doing so.

iaymnu

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2007
I was just curious how long it took them to ship the case out to you?

I ordered on the 2nd and it doesn't appear like my order was processed yet. The money was deducted from my account that day but I was just wondering about the turnaround time. Debating whether I should call later today or give it a few days before doing so.

Took 1 day to process. Waited 4 days after that. I would call them and ask. You should have received at least something. It's the 8th now.

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
hi guys, do you know what E13's return policy is? I would like to have a chance to review it before comitting.

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
E13s are better than vapor?

hi guys, i was going back and forth on deciding the vapor, but then, i saw a few posts on the vapor thread about legitimate e13ctrons which are more in the $80 range and they seem to be better (it was like opening up my mind and not everything is vapor, there are in fact better/cheaper non-fake cases out there).

e13ctron is also aluminim CNCced from a single block and anodized like Vapor...but here is the kicker, no stupid foam or rubber stickers to deal with..ththeir design is truly intuitive with a plastic-gasket insert that suspends the phone in the middle..as a result, better uniformity, no signal loss (minimal) and you dont see the steel lining of the iPhone which you do with vapor....
I tink Im gonna go for e13ctron, unless someone here can please chime in and say why Vapor pro is better for $50 more?

Boston Rhett

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2012
DC
hi guys, i was going back and forth on deciding the vapor, but then, i saw a few posts on the vapor thread about legitimate e13ctrons which are more in the $80 range and they seem to be better (it was like opening up my mind and not everything is vapor, there are in fact better/cheaper non-fake cases out there).

e13ctron is also aluminim CNCced from a single block and anodized like Vapor...but here is the kicker, no stupid foam or rubber stickers to deal with..ththeir design is truly intuitive with a plastic-gasket insert that suspends the phone in the middle..as a result, better uniformity, no signal loss (minimal) and you dont see the steel lining of the iPhone which you do with vapor....
I tink Im gonna go for e13ctron, unless someone here can please chime in and say why Vapor pro is better for $50 more?

Well like I said in the Vapor thread, I prefer e13ctron. But I think it also comes down to personal preference. The two cases are very different in terms of design.

Since I don't have a Vapor to compare, here's what I think are some of e13ctron's pros and cons:

Pros:
- Customizability
- Design: lightweight, doesn't add a lot of bulk, plastic liners instead of foam pads
- Little to no signal degradation
- Price (especially compared to the Vapor)
- Works fine with screen protectors and side wraps
- Very precise cutouts
- Symmetrical (the colors on the Vapor just seem uneven to me)

Cons:
- Volume and sleep/wake buttons are a little too recessed for my liking
- Some people don't like the fact that the screws are in the front (I personally don't mind)
- Packaging wasn't great (but I don't buy cases for their packaging)
- No extras included (screen protectors, microfiber cloth, etc.)

In my opinion, the pros far outweigh the cons.
But in the end it's up to you, so check out photos (there are a TON of them in this thread that will have you salivating) and read up on what others have said about them. I think you'll be happy with whichever you end up picking.

daddyd302

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2012
West Allis, WI
Mine was ordered last week Friday, it was shipped that day. It finally got here today. The opening are a bit on the small side. I didn't expect it to be big but I can barely squeeze the power, speaker and mute buttons.

The back right feels a bit sharp. It's not sharp as in cutting your finger but not as smooth as the front or the left side of the back. I don't see any degrade in the signal strength.

Overall it's a good case, not great, I'm keeping it even with the backside flaw, and small openings. I got Invisible shield on the front and back. It does fit in my old ihome alarm clock I bought back in 2008.

Sorry for the crappy review, I'm not good on reviews.....

Pictures taken from my Galaxy Nexus, not the greatest.

img20120211040305.jpg

img20120211040325.jpg

img20120211040406.jpg

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
Mine was ordered last week Friday, it was shipped that day. It finally got here today. The opening are a bit on the small side. I didn't expect it to be big but I can barely squeeze the power, speaker and mute buttons.

The back right feels a bit sharp. It's not sharp as in cutting your finger but not as smooth as the front or the left side of the back. I don't see any degrade in the signal strength.

Overall it's a good case, not great, I'm keeping it even with the backside flaw, and small openings. I got Invisible shield on the front and back. It does fit in my old ihome alarm clock I bought back in 2008.

Sorry for the crappy review, I'm not good on reviews.....

Pictures taken from my Galaxy Nexus, not the greatest.

The backside should not feel sharp. I would return it if I were you. I agree with you on the cut-outs, they could be a bit bigger. The power button is not a problem for me, just the volume buttons. Since I don't adjust volume very often I can live with it.

Boston Rhett

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2012
DC

The backside should not feel sharp. I would return it if I were you. I agree with you on the cut-outs, they could be a bit bigger. The power button is not a problem for me, just the volume buttons. Since I don't adjust volume very often I can live with it.

Yeah the sharpness is a fluke. All the sides on my e13ctron are uniformly smooth. Might be excess manufacturing material, since it's plastic? In any case, you should contact them and see if you can exchange it for another back piece. In my experience they're very accommodating with exchange requests.

I'm really digging the blue/white look, by the way. Is that the polished or the matte blue you have there?

iYitsy

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
NY
S4V

Green/Black

395733_10150525565457693_654662692_9234618_916236998_n.jpg

Best case ever. I feel like I've dropped a bar of service, but meh. Doesn't matter to me.

photoon21112at1012pm.jpg

Last edited:

daddyd302

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2012
West Allis, WI
Yeah the sharpness is a fluke. All the sides on my e13ctron are uniformly smooth. Might be excess manufacturing material, since it's plastic? In any case, you should contact them and see if you can exchange it for another back piece. In my experience they're very accommodating with exchange requests.

I'm really digging the blue/white look, by the way. Is that the polished or the matte blue you have there?

I'll give them a call on Monday, not expecting much. If I have to pay to ship it back, I'm just gonna keep it. Looking it over again, it seems it's taller in the middle. If I lay the phone down on it's back, I can rock it a little bit, on the left side. The right side won't rock at all.

The front is polished, I knew I should of gone aluminum on both side instead of the hybrid.... :(

iYitsy

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
NY
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Bobioden said:
S4V

Green/Black

Best case ever. I feel like I've dropped a bar of service, but meh. Doesn't matter to me.

Loving the green, is it polished or matte?

Polished

Bettz1

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2010
Leicester,UK
I've been using my hybrid for around 3 months now and I've found that using tomtom & the find my iPhone app are really struggling With getting a gps fix. I used tomtom last week and whilst it located me after 5 mins it was directing me all over telling me to do a u turn etc. I love the case & havr also noticed im striggling getting a decnt signal .Is it worth getting stickers to put around the bumper ??

daddyd302

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2012
West Allis, WI
Well they reply to my email but I think I'm just gonna keep it. I don't want to pay to ship it back and I don't have any backup case. I can live with the flaws on it.

this providence

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2012
My E13ctron Hybrid case arrived today. Threw it on and my early impressions are very positive. I think it looks very sharp and feels much better in my hand than just the naked phone. Granted, I'm coming from a larger phone to my first iphone and I have larger hands anyway. Installation was very straight forward and a breeze.

I went with Matte Black on the Black Acetal layer. There is a slight difference in finish between the two but not all that noticeable. On the front I just wanted the matte finish and I'm happy with it. Overall, pleased with the case and would definitely recommend it. I'll probably be buying another color front portion of the case sometime down the line.

Attachments

• e1.jpg
    e1.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 104
  • e2.jpg
    e2.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 106
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 91

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
Hi guys, can someone take a picture of the following combo..if they have it...(I found the website to be poor in terms of photos)

White/Blue combo on a Black Phone
White/Red combo on a Black Phone..

I would have loved Blue/Black or Red/Black on a White Phone (but alas my phone is black)

daddyd302

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2012
West Allis, WI
Hi guys, can someone take a picture of the following combo..if they have it...(I found the website to be poor in terms of photos)

White/Blue combo on a Black Phone
White/Red combo on a Black Phone..

I would have loved Blue/Black or Red/Black on a White Phone (but alas my phone is black)

Well the back is not white, it's black, but it's the only thing I could find. The front is blue and the Iphone is black.

http://www.gadgetmac.com/gadgetmac/e13ctron-s4v-hybrid-aluminum-bumper-case-for-iphone-4s-revie.html

-y0-

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
Just got a e13ctron s4v case in matte black for my 4S and the fit is perfect as always. It's my 3rd time getting it and I'd glad it doesn't affect the reception as bad as it did with the iPhone 4.

It's installed with a Mas Design backplate and Power Support Anti-Glare shield for the complete matte look. Here's some pics.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 83
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 103
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
Just got a e13ctron s4v case in matte black for my 4S and the fit is perfect as always. It's my 3rd time getting it and I'd glad it doesn't affect the reception as bad as it did with the iPhone 4.

It's installed with a Mas Design backplate and Power Support Anti-Glare shield for the complete matte look. Here's some pics.

The all black looks sharp.

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
Looking for some feedback on the length of time it takes for e13ctron to ship these cases out .... I still haven't received an email with a tracking number. :(

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina

that has design back looks real nice!

-y0-

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
that has design back looks real nice!

Thanks but it's not very durable. I had a case-mate Phantom on the iPhone for 1 week while waiting for my replacement case and the rubber interior on the Phantom case left permanent imprints on the carbon fiber.

Update: Both companies ended up being quite helpful. They do care about their customers.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.