Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
Thanks but it's not very durable. I had a case-mate Phantom on the iPhone for 1 week while waiting for my replacement case and the rubber interior on the Phantom case left permanent imprints on the carbon fiber.

I don't really know how to go about this since both companies didn't seem to really care when I called about this issue. It's pretty weak for a $81 backplate.

that sucks, how is reception loss with the electron and the carbon back on a the same time?

----------

Looking for some feedback on the length of time it takes for e13ctron to ship these cases out .... I still haven't received an email with a tracking number. :(

shoot them a email, they could be back ordered on the option you choose, i have seen it take them a few days to process the orders before so hang tight they will send it soon

-y0-

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
that sucks, how is reception loss with the electron and the carbon back on a the same time?

----------

shoot them a email, they could be back ordered on the option you choose, i have seen it take them a few days to process the orders before so hang tight they will send it soon

Reception isn't bad in areas where I get good reception but I get no reception in areas where I have 1-2 bars without them installed.

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth

----------

I did. No reply lol

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
6 days later I received a tracking number. Scheduled delivery is next Friday. Poor customer service do far

-y0-

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
Unfortunately, I had to return the case due to it killing my reception at school and work. I really wish it would've worked but I need reception at those places. Sad day indeed.

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
Unfortunately, I had to return the case due to it killing my reception at school and work. I really wish it would've worked but I need reception at those places. Sad day indeed.

Wasn't that your third One?

I'm still waiting for mine. 13 days now

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
Great news! My case came in but ..... They only included one plastic insert!! FML

If you ordered a Hybrid, that's all you need. If you ordered a full aluminum then yeah, they messed up.

The Hybrid back essentially has a liner built into it, it hugs the phone perfectly as is. A liner will not work with the hybrid back. Unless they changed the design or something twisted :x

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
finally ordered!!!

Hey guys after weeks of deliberation, and increasing my discretionary spending, i finally ordered full alum s4v.

I chose both Matte Red top and bottom....if.i wanna change in the future, i'll just order individual parts.

Pretty cool discount with that code e1315.

So as soon as i get it and install ill post pics up with high res camera.

Now, m coming from an incase slider, so im used the back protection.....e13ctron is open-backed, so does anyone have any good sugggestions? I cant decide between Element's Ultrasuede...http://www.elementcase.com/Ultrasuede-Back-Plate-p/api4-1001-x0u0.htm
or Valentine's nice leather backs.http://www.valentinegoods.com/category/iphone-4s-leather-back

.....i wish e13ctron gave back plate options whle ordering from them....

Ok guys, when i get it and install i'll post it up

henrylkr

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
Hey guys after weeks of deliberation, and increasing my discretionary spending, i finally ordered full alum s4v.

I chose both Matte Red top and bottom....if.i wanna change in the future, i'll just order individual parts.

Pretty cool discount with that code e1315.

So as soon as i get it and install ill post pics up with high res camera.

Now, m coming from an incase slider, so im used the back protection.....e13ctron is open-backed, so does anyone have any good sugggestions? I cant decide between Element's Ultrasuede...http://www.elementcase.com/Ultrasuede-Back-Plate-p/api4-1001-x0u0.htm
or Valentine's nice leather backs.http://www.valentinegoods.com/category/iphone-4s-leather-back

.....i wish e13ctron gave back plate options whle ordering from them....

Ok guys, when i get it and install i'll post it up

Both are EXTREMELY overpriced, and Elementcase's Ultrasuede actually attracts a darn lot of lint.

Unless you have money to burn..., but if you don't, try TheLuckyLab's back stickers. Or something.

WonMan

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
I just checked the bay and saw that someone has an e13ctron Hybrid case up with three different color tops. If I didn't already have one I would jump on this.
Just search e13ctron. It looks good to me.:D

-y0-

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
I'm looking forward to the all acetal version. Apparently, e13ctron is working on a front that's made like the hybrid back which should solve all, if any, reception issues while keeping the attractive design. :D

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
I'm looking forward to the all acetal version. Apparently, e13ctron is working on a front that's made like the hybrid back which should solve all, if any, reception issues while keeping the attractive design. :D

Yeah..im not doing the acetals....they are essential Formaldehyde....For me, its all aluminum baby:)))))

-y0-

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
Yeah..im not doing the acetals....they are essential Formaldehyde....For me, its all aluminum baby:)))))

I can't do all aluminum due to reception issues but this would be the next best thing since I really like the design.

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
I can't do all aluminum due to reception issues but this would be the next best thing since I really like the design.

y0... I saw you over on the Mas thread....what happened o that carbon fiber ou wete sporting? That was nice

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.