E3 2015

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Jun 15, 2015.

1. MRU, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015

MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So what's taken your fancy so far?...

For me Fallout 4 clearly looks amazing, November can't come soon enough.

Rare Replay collection is a must have purchase for me. Viva Pinata, Banjo nuts and bolts and Kameo are my favourite 360 games.

The new yarn Platformer from EA is a pleasant surprise.
    And of course Dishonored 2 looks great.
    Rise of tomb raider looks awesome

Even Gears of War 4 looks spectacular but not sure it's a game for me at all... Couldn't get into the others.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Haven't been following it much. Nintendo's pre-E3 Smash Bros DLC is brilliant. RYU! Mario Maker looks intense too.

Backwards compatibility on the Xbox One is a huge step forward too. I honestly didn't see that coming, and now I wonder how Sony will react.

I don't think EA or Ubisoft can do anything to interest me.

3. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Microsoft dropped a few bombs today - good for them, Sony needed a little kick in the rear!

Full backwards compatibility, Fallout 4 PC mods on the XBO, Minecraft Hololense...all great stuff!

I am just super grateful they didn't announce ME4 exclusivity, that would have made me cry.

Very curious to see what Sony is going to announce. Hopefully they didn't get too complacent and have a few bombshells to drop as well!

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

OMG!!!

South Park - the fractured but whole !!!

Seriously E3 2015 has been great so far software wise. I adored the Stick of Truth :)

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

My sole worry about South Park 2 is it's not made by Obsidian.

6. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

7. Rychy macrumors 6502

I've wanted it for so long, but can't believe the Final Fantasy VII remake is finally happening.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Last Guardian, Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy 7 remake. Unbelievable.

9. Naio macrumors member

Naio

So... E3 this year have been pretty damn amazing for everyone...

10. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

Watched E3 the whole day since pre-Xbox press conference. Xbox did a better job in digging into their competition. After announcing backwards compatibility on the XBone, I laughed at the little rub that gamers can play previously owned games for "free".

I was a little bored with the Sony PlayStation press conference... I was falling asleep (probably since I was watching all day non-stop), until they ran the video on the FFVII Remake. Can't wait till that comes out. I don't know if it was on purpose... but it was funny when they started the Uncharted 4 gameplay... and Nathan Drake was standing still for a while... like the controller wasn't connected. They restarted the game again.. so I guess we know that it was live gameplay... LOL...

11. mandoman, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015

mandoman macrumors 6502

mandoman

I thought Microsoft did a better job than Sony this year with backwards compatibility and more exclusive announcements. Sony's conference was a bit dull really. Way for Microsoft to turn things around from 2013's abysmal E3 failure.

No OMG moment for upcoming game releases for me really, except perhaps Star Wars Battlefront, the gameplay footage looks really frick'n awesome. Oh, and Rare's Sea of Thieves has some serious potential. Ubi's For Honor looks interesting as well assuming there is more content than the simple 4v4 PVP shown.

12. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

Don't play near as many games as I used to but I was considering selling my PS4 for an Xbox One but I decided against that.

13. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

XB1 gaining backwards compatibility probably caught my attention the most as I did not expect that at all. The Shenmue KS is probably the other big that was cool and unexpected. Bummer it's not coming out for XB1 but oh well.

From what I Googled it's only Showtime Anytime, FOX Soccer Plus (which seems to be a barely alive 'channel') and a channel from Machinima. Not exactly an industry changing lineup.

14. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I saw the rumours, but a remake has been rumoured for about a decade at this point so I didn't believe them. Colour me amazed.

Also looking forward to Dark Souls III since Miyazaki is confirmed as director.

15. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

DOOM

Still playing the originals regularily, liked the third but glad they focus on the first two entries. Add a kickass soundtrack like they had back then and I'm all set! :) Not a big fan of the fatalities but they're optional so no biggie.

Many years ago I'd have been all over the other things like Shenmue (still <3). But now I want quick gameplay and no story driven stuff. And a solid online multiplayer on dedicated servers (and a decent anti-cheat enforcement :/, but that comes with the dedicated serves...)

16. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

I have to admit...I got a bit emotional when I heard about Shenmue 3. Didn't stay up for the Sony conference (now I wish I did though...), but woke up to a text from a fellow die hard fan about it.

E3 thus far has been pretty decent! Probably around half a dozen must-haves across both platforms. The Minecraft Hololens demo blew my mind, and I'm glad MS are adding backwards compatibility in some form to Xbox One. I just hope they aren't so picky about which titles are compatible. I can't see my original copy of Gears of War ever working for example.

17. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Horizon: Zero Dawn took the cake for me...the best looking, best concept of E3 so far. I'll give the Edge to Sony for that Last Guardian and Uncharted 4 gameplay demo. I'm more impressed with MS changing the clunky OS than backwards compatibility.

I thought UbiSoft did a great job, they continue to throw the Tom Clancy at me and I'm impressed.

..Fallout 4..that is all :)

Also PS4 is now a true media player like the PS3.

Bless

18. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

What did they do ? I missed this info ...

19. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Go download the media center app which became available last night. MKV etc. DLNA/USB play is now supported.

20. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

COOL! Thanks matey :)

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Looks like a mix of Monster Hunter and Enslaved, aka phenomenal!

Woke up this morning. First thing I did was find that Last Guardian trailer again. I think that's done it for me, that's the game I always wanted.

22. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Unless Microsoft paid an aboslute cr@p-ton of money for it, Shenmue 3 was never going to happen on an Xbox console. The PS4 and PC were the only logical choices.

Now a Shenmue 1 and 2 re-release could happen across all platforms because Sega holds the rights to those games. Depending on how successful the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter is, Sega could very well give the green light to updating the previous games. At the very lease, I hope they get a PC release.

23. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I must say the MS backwards compatibility is a nice announcement on their part. Something I wish the PS4 had, but then I think how many times I used the PS2 compatibility when I had it on my PS3 and then feel a bit better. you upgrade to a new system to play next gen games. For me if you want a nostalgia moment, just temperately hook that system back up for a the time being (assuming you still have it)

Other thoughts-

MS
    The car descending from the ceiling was really cool!
    Oculous looks way better then Morpheous (and looks like it is being taken more seriously by MS)
    Only games that stood out for me is the Rare replay and the new Forza
    I hate minecraft but that demo was really cool as well.

Sony
    First 2 games they showed looked great, I think a lot of momentum was lost when No mans sky came on. I am not sure what people see in this game?
    FF7= enough said
    Shenmue 3= Shocked me the most! (out of the whole event)
    -On a side note, I am kind of surprised this was a Sony game given that Shenmue 2 was on Xbox?
    the rest was pretty boring to me until UC4 came on. Kind of a funny moment when the controller was broke in that presentation.

overall I think MS had the better overall presentation but sony had the better games.

24. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I thought MS had the more surprising and interesting announcements and demonstrations, such as backwards compatibility, mods for Fallout and Minecraft for Hololens. But overall, the games that Sony showed appeal more to me. Still happy to own a PS4, but I admit that MS are starting to make a strong case for the XBO.

I'm really happy that MS stepped up their game. Competition is good for us.

Now can someone please enlighten me - what is Shenmue, and why should I be excited about it? I've been a gamer since Super Mario Land on the Gameboy, but somehow I completely missed this one.

25. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Shenmue was a HUGE RPG with a very deep story on the dreamcast. It had amazing graphics (that still hold up well today)

the problem is they did 2 of them out of the many they had planned to expand the story. However they ended at 2 and left a cliffhanger in the story.