E3 Predictions any one?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by macfan881, Jun 12, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

So Last Minute Predictions anyone? ill post a few

PSN+ goes live tuesday or next week would explain the long PSN Downtime we had the other day. price goes for 50 bucks a year
    slim chance of a PSP 2.
    my shocker PS3 Drops price to $199 or 249
    EA Shows off Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Origins Mirrors Edge 2 also A DLC Ala Dragon age awaking for Mass Effect 2 that sets up what happens between 2/3 Slim chance Mass Effect for 2 and 3 make it to the PS3. and or Mac also hope EA announces that NBA Jam will eventually make it to PS3 and 360.

Wii HD is teased
    Nintendo DS 3D

Natal is named price
    Slim 360 price drop to $150 replaces Arcade and remaning Arcade units drop to $100
    New NXE update with Hulu and ESPN making it for live subscribers.

My Slim prediction for 360 Gold is now the New Silver and 360 announces a new Premium service to Match up with PSN Premium service.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Not exactly what I'm predicting, but what I want-

Info on new Zelda, Golden Sun 3, Pokemon Black/White
    Wii price cut, Wii HD announcement (holiday release?)
    Wii HD controllers to have built in Motion Plus
    F-Zero Wii

Premium PSN service detailed
    Ico+SotC pack (like the God of War one)
    LocoRoco PS3
    MORE EU PSN RELEASES FOR THE FLAMING LOVE OF GORDON :mad:

Xbox 360 slim
    Natal info
    More DC titles announced

3DS and PSP2 detailed

3. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Nintendo
    No Wii HD
    DSi Virtual Console with Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Sega Game Gear and Gameboy Advance games
    DSi 3D
    New Zelda that is similar to Majora's Mask
    New Pikmin

Sony
    New PS3 SKU
    Premium PSN
    Little Big Planet 2 demo
    Majority of keynote will focus on Move controller with gimmicky tech demos (similar to the EyeToy demos)
    3D PS3 games demo
    Overall underwhelming keynote (lots of complaining from press/fans like last year)

Microsoft
    Majority of keynote will focus on Natal and demos will be surprisingly good and include big third-party players
    Natal will ship in Oct for $99
    New slim 360
    Hulu will have monthly charge, but no premium Live subscription

4. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

The new 360 revision is looking very likely, if these leaks are to be believed. Looks like the 250GB drive is standard now, as is wifi. Hope they got rid of the power brick as well. Judging by the pics, it doesn't seem to be much smaller. Though, in my opinion, the 360 didn't really need to get much smaller, it just needed to be reworked to have better thermals, so it doesn't melt all the time. Fingers crossed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vivi Oggi Pronta per il futuro la technologia del domani = LIVE TODAY READY FOR THE FUTURE TECHNOLOGY OF TOMORROW

5. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I would love to see an hd camera and a front facing camera for video chat. A better resolution screen. One that runs on the 4G/Verizon network. Like to see something about bluray burning super drives. Maybe a USB 3 port or two. Upgrades to all the lines, actually. That's about it.

6. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Zelda... MmMmmmmm. If they also announce a 1:1 update of Wind Waker for Wii, I'll be so freaking happy.

I'd like to see MS announce a greater devotion to PC gaming once again.

With J. Allard (The made over former happy-fat-guy) and Robbie Bach removed, I think MS is already pushing in that direction.

7. rema macrumors regular

Not a prediction, but I'm hoping for a cheaper, more reliable 360 with built in wi-fi

R
    :)

8. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Sony:
    Move, lots of Move - actual games will be underwhelming
    3D gaming a bigger deal than expected!
    *maybe* a PSP2 announcement?

Microsoft:
    Kinect, lots of Kinect - actual games will be underwhelming
    360 Slim
    *maybe* an XBox Portable?

Nintendo:
    3DS, lots of 3DS
    umm...probably new games of the same old franchises? :rolleyes:

9. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

• I predict that Microsoft will have an official name change for Natal...a name that really promotes the way it will "connect" you with the games
    • The new Zelda will be shown by Nintendo in all it's Motion+ glory
    • There will be a new Wii Remote that includes the Motion+ built in
    • Lots of info on the 3DS by Nintendo
    • No info on the next Nintendo console
    • Wii Music 2.....please!
    • Lots of 3D game info by Sony
    • Lots of Sony Move info and game demos...but that's obvious

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

God damn these presenters are impossible to watch without cringing.

11. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

I agree the kenitc NXE, ESPN,Metal Gear Rising looks awsome but overall Microsoft sucked with there keynote.

12. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

so right now i think unless sony doesn’t show up at all Sony Wins E3 again this year

13. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

LOL, or not. We are literally 2 hours into this thing. Don't go calling it early. Picking a "winner" for E3 is stupid anyway. Besides, you know they will be showing "Move" stuff, which has just as much potential to be a disaster as the Kinect stuff from MS.

But really, for me it was fine. Kinect isn't for me, so I didn't really care about that stuff. But the actual games they showed early on looked great. Call of Duty will be fun, Metal Gear looked alright, Reach looked amazing, as did Gears of War. I'm not totally sold on Fable or whatever the hell that Crytek game is. But, add all those together with a new 360 shipping THIS WEEK, and it is totally not a bad show. For the stuff I was interested in seeing, I was happy.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Lol no.

I'm willing to bet Sony has a PSP-4000 coming out very shortly. GAME only have the dregs (pink PSP-3000 and Go) currently in stock. Which makes me excite! I'd love a new model right about now. Edit: HMV are out of stock too. Awesome. New PSP update tomorrow.

15. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

So I guess we can say that Microsoft's shows were pretty weak. Really not a hard act to follow.

Let's see how the other two players are doing. I'm not expecting much from "Move", but hopefully they'll do a little better than "Kinect".

As for actual surprises? If there is no PSP2, then I doubt we will have any at all...

16. ojdhaze macrumors newbie

The Metal Gear Solid Rising trailer gave me chubby.

Looks great.

17. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Microsoft's show was pretty impressive for what it lays out for the future. There was no big jaw drop moment, because we all knew what the big guns were and when they are coming. Halo Reach, no surprise. Gears 3 ( cannot wait ) no surprise. Fable 3 no surprise.

I have a feeling though, Natal maybe a little more popular than hardcore gamers will want to consider. I will go as far as to say that I think you will see a lot of scoffers now, who later on will have achievements in that Harmonix Dance game.

Natal will become a pretty popular item just for the hands free remote ability alone, as long as they don't price it like an Apple product. Matter of fact that is one thing that really caught my attention was the similarity of the opening presentation of Kinect, to the IPad. How easy & intuitive it is.

Besides we'll see how a supposed Pay version of PSN will go over, after all the fanboys carried it's banner because it's free. Especially when Microsoft is giving away free brand new 360s.

Yes, I know the free version of PSN will still be around calm down. You just know though Sony will have to add features that make the Pay version attractive, basically making it similar to Live.

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

One of them popular shops in the US has priced it at $150 US.

What struck me about Kinect was how clumsy it seemed. I saw noticeable lag, they said they were going to fix that but low and behold there's still a delay. The menu seemed awkward too. "clicking" on a button seems to just involve hovering over it for a few seconds. I also daren't imagine how complicated it would get with a few people in the room "nobody... move... a muscle...". Scrolling through videos didn't look so smooth either and even in an demonstration environment they were still making mistakes.

I can imagine this being quite a clumsy form of interaction.

19. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Supposedly NO price is confirmed. As they said in the GT presentation they are hashing over price. Some want to price it to the moon, others want it cheap to get it in homes. The $150 price tag was a guesstimate made when Natal was originally announced.

There's still time for them to work out the lag issue you saw. Since they do intend it for living room use, they must realize there will be multiple bodies present in front of the camera. Also since facial recognition, as well as skeletal recognition are parts of it, I imagine Kinect knows who to pay attention to as primary user.

As far as the time spent recognizing you're input, I saw that as some kind of confirmation. Making sure you didn't just wave your hand in front of movies, but making you leave it there for confirmation. With time, like any technology it'll get smoother. I imagine the say things will be said about Move, but it'll work itself out eventually.

20. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

As I saw someone mention elsewhere, that may have been related to the projection system used during the show. Other live demos seem to be much more responsive. Also, I'm guessing that many of these games for Kinect will not really be that technical that they are going to require precise, instant twitch reactions.

21. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

22. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

At this rate, by the end of the day I think you are going to be claiming that each of them have WON this event. ;)

23. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

EA had a great showing New Need for Speed game looks promising also showed of Crysis 2 and I'm really Psyched for The Old Republic after the new trailer also announced you will get you own Ship and there will be pvp zones.

24. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Oh yeah, Hot Pursuit is back! :D Love it!

Also psyched after seeing Medal of Honor's multiplayer, and they are having a beta. Maybe they've learned from Activision's arrogance, and they will learn about whatever bugs there are in the beta. Instead of waiting a few months after game release to fix javelin suicide bombers or who powerful two old shotguns are. Nice show EA!

My how times have changed.

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh my freakin word! I'm done now. That's it. E3 could shut down now for all I care :D.

Online multiplayer. In Goldeneye. Online multiplayer. In Goldeneye. Online multiplayer. In Goldeneye. Online multiplayer. In Goldeneye.

(the only possible way this could be topped is if they announce a FFVII remake oh my yes)