Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
All apps have the "ability" to save state.
Developers have to actually "add" it to thier app.

Which is potentially a problem, it would have been better if the save state was not an option but a requirement from the beginning. Basically you only get multitasking if the application supports it, not because it is a part of the OS (does that make sense?).

angrynstupid

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Flash Blows

Of course, as soon as I tried playing the video, Safari drew to a crawl - and how I do love watching a video at one frame per second. I had to force quit Safari. Thanks, Adobe, and your POS Flash player plug-in for the Mac.

blindzero

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2006
I have not seen a custom wallpaper yet that improves on the simple black. I was really surprised at how unpolished the one in the keynote was. This one is just plain fugly. Not a big deal. I'm sure someone will make a wallpaper that takes into consideration only tiny slivers will be seen between the buttons.

appletastic

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
....I already have the best multitalking UI Multiflow on my jailbroken iPhone. It's a copy of palm's brilliant and intuitive way of multitasking. A double tap give the page and I can swipe along and then tap on the app I wanna open. But seriously Steve well done for being so leading edge. I also already have my own/video background,own ringtones that I didn't have to pay for,mi-fi,free tethering and I change carriers when I travel to another country, by popping someone else's sim and save a fortune. And whilst I'm on holiday, I can take 7meg pics,Night shots and videos all on my 2yr old 3g!!! And all after replacing the pathetic 1100mah battery with 1800mah one...

WAKE UP FANBOYS, OR iSHEEP AS I LIKE TO CALL YOU, JOBS JUST DRIP FEEDS YOU TECH THAT SHOULD BE ON ALL IPHONES YEARS AFTER IT WAS COMMON PLACE. DO THE MATH...
FANTASTIC IPHONE HARDWAREX(OPEN SOURCE APPROACH)+(ITUNES APP STORE AND CYDIA APP STORE APPS)XFULLY PERSONALISED & CUSTOMISED PHONE=UNBEATABLE!!!

Wow. Congratulations.

mgcvg

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2010
I just watched the Keynote and I am so screw#d. I want it for my phone so much, but I live permanently in a local roaming zone and the data usage is prohibitive. I'm worried that If I get OS4 I'll never be able to afford to turn on my phone again lest it connect automatically to the data-network. I have a year and a half of my contract left! I want to be able to turn my data-network access off while my cellular and wi-fi remain on, this would be the perfect solution. I spoke with my provider abut just turning off the data-network without changing the terms of the contract, they eventually agreed and said they did it but physically nothing changed.

The 4.0 Beta appears to be offering a new option to do exactly what you say you want. In Settings > General > Network, there's a toggle for "Cellular Data." I turned it off and indeed got an error message stating "The Cellular Network Could not be Activated" when trying Safari. Connecting with WiFi while this setting was off still worked.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Is bluetooth for headsets finally fully implemented?

Can I use the track forward and backwards buttons on my jaybird SB1, like I can with ANY other BT device???

MShock

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2008
I wonder what this means for WWDC?

WWDC has been focusing primarily on iPhone OS and App development over the last 2 years. With the iPhone OS, SDK, and iPad already out the door, the only thing left to focus on is Mac OS X. I betting there will be some major announcements, hopefully the following:

1.) WebKit2 Safari
2.) Resolution Independence
3.) New UI (like iPad)
4.) New filesystem (a new FS similar to the iPhone/iPad's, with ZFS like abilities)
5.) ability to run iPhone, iPad apps natively on the Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.