Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple will soon ship out 11 and 12.9-inch M1 iPad Pro models, according to multiple Twitter users and MacRumors readers who have seen their orders shift to "Preparing to Ship" status.

iPad-Pro-Feature.jpg

So far, we haven't seen any shipment notifications, but that's the next step and is likely to happen in the near future. Apple has not provided an exact delivery date to those who ordered a new M1 iPad Pro, but the tablets will start delivering on May 21.

ipad-pro-preparing-to-ship.jpg

Many users who preordered early received estimated delivery dates ranging from May 21 to May 28, and if orders ship out as early as this week, some users will indeed receive their tablets on the May 21 date.

Orders that have shifted over to Preparing to Ship are no longer able to be canceled, though the products can be returned once delivered.

The M1 iMac models and the second-generation Apple TV 4K orders that were placed at the same time could also soon shift to a Preparing to Shift status, though we're not seeing reports about them just yet.

Supplies of the 12.9-inch iPad Pro have been constrained, and orders placed now have delivery estimates ranging into July. 11-inch models are easier to come by, with Apple planning to deliver new orders in late May or early June.

The M1 iPad Pro models are identical to the previous-generation iPad Pro models in design, but inside, they're equipped with the same M1 chip that's in the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac mini, plus they support Thunderbolt connectivity. The 12.9-inch iPad Pro also has a mini-LED "Liquid Retina XDR" display that makes the device slightly thicker.

Pricing on the 11-inch iPad Pro starts at $799, while pricing on the higher-end 12.9-inch model starts at $1099.

Article Link: Early M1 iPad Pro Orders Now Preparing to Ship

RAFbombhead

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
It’ll sit at preparing to ship for 2-5 days. Most preorder/back orders do. Delivery is still looking like next Friday. Mine is in the same boat. I imagine the review embargo will lift over this weekend though?

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
Well hopefully my June 2nd to 9th iPad Pro will be bumped up to a may date. I was up at 8AM trying to pre order but between the site crashing and me having to enter in my SN for the trade in I got a pushed back date.

GeoStructural

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
Mine says "preparing to ship" too, I did not know I was among the lucky ones. I did order right as it went live so that might be why.

It is funny how all my accessories have already arrived: paper-like screen protector, Logitech keyboard case and USB-C hub, but not the iPad.

RAFbombhead

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
Mine says "preparing to ship" too, I did not know I was among the lucky ones. I did order right as it went live so that might be why.

It is funny how all my accessories have already arrived: paper-like screen protector, Logitech keyboard case and USB-C hub, but not the iPad.
Yep I’m the same here! Smart Keyboard, Apple Pencil, screen protector and my sleeve all sat waiting !

Reactions: GeoStructural

abbstrack

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2008
SoCal

Have you used paperlike before? thinking about it, but wondering if 2 months in i'm going to just want to not use it because it takes away from experience more than it adds to it.

-paradox-

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2009
Have you used paperlike before? thinking about it, but wondering if 2 months in i'm going to just want to not use it because it takes away from experience more than it adds to it.
I‘ve had it on my 2020 iPad Pro for 1/2 a year and got really annoyed by it because it looked cheap: like having parchment paper on that the beautiful iPad screen.

Hyperchaotic

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2005
Could you list 5 things that you are gonna do with the M1 iPad other than browse the web and watch videos?

Well, it's not just current use-case but also that my Air 2 lasted my 7 years, but now reload apps everywhere when I multitask, due to so little RAM. I multitask a lot. I hope the Pro I'm getting will last as long and maybe do better towards the end, with those juicy 8GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.