Easily - New To-Do / List making app. More codes added June 21st.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by TrueBlou, May 11, 2015.

1. TrueBlou, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 25, 2015

TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Ever since I changed the way that shopping lists were done in My Recipes (one of my other apps.) The wife has been bugging me to make a to-do app that's just as easy to use, she hates complicated but does love to make a list.

So I did and this is it, or will be as soon as it's finished getting the once over by Apple.

Easily has been designed to be quick and simple to use, you don't need to do anything but type in names for things to get your lists up and running. Me being me of course I couldn't help but throw in a few extras, but you never need to even see them if you don't want to.

It's also been designed from the ground up to be compatible with Apple Watch. You can do pretty much everything on the watch that you can do in the main app but I've kept the interactions quick and simple. And again, if all you want to do is make lists and add items to it, it's really easy to do using dictation. Just say it tap the done button and that's it, nothing else to do.

Anyway, here's a couple of images that'll be on the AppStore to give you an idea of it.

Feel free to throw comments, suggestions and general abuse ;) in this direction.

Cheers,
    Stu.

Attached Files:

2. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

I post this not for TrueBlou who has already developed the App, but for anyone else that is considering developing an App.

I post this as my heart sinks when ever I see someone has spend a significant amount of time developing an app, for which the need is already well served by existing apps.

Before you start developing an App, do some research.

1. Is there a real need for the App?

2 Are there any apps already out there that already do the same thing.

Clearly people like / need todo apps, but if there is one category that we already have 100's apps already it is the 'todo' app category.

Now i have not seen the Truebou app, and I wish him all the best, but he is swimming in a lake full of much bigger fish who have had todo apps on the market for many years. If he already has successful apps out there, maybe he can leverage some additional sales for his new app.

Watch apps are a new thing, but just doing a simple search using 'dodo' revealed that there are already 40+ watch apps already available.

Well at least your wife will like it, and I am sure a few macrumors readers will try a copy.

3. TrueBlou thread starter macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I'm inclined to agree with you, there are thousands of apps in this category. But at the same time, if we just stopped making different things and accepted what already existed progress would grind to a halt and we'd all still be using Dos. Ah the memories lol.

Yes I did do my research, which is why I'm hardly expecting this app to take the world by storm. But the wife tried goodness knows how many dozen apps and couldn't find one she liked. That's why this app exists, for her and people like her. And honestly, as a very long time Things user, I've even found myself using that less and less and this app more and more just because of its simplicity.

At the end of the day, it's made, so it'd be a waste not to put it out there for any like minded individuals. Even if there's only one, the app was still getting made for personal use anyway.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

It's a nice app. I like that you can star things and it's not heavily gesture based (Can't stand Clear for that reason).

5. priscilla55 macrumors regular

priscilla55

Even in the crowded list field, I've only found one so far that has the ability to add items from the watch (Listastic) but I find it annoying because it can't go in Glances.

If your app can add items from the watch and has Glance capability, I'd definitely be getting it.

6. TrueBlou thread starter macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Yeah the intent with it was to focus on simplicity of use first and foremost. To me that's one of the most important aspects of an app.

7. TrueBlou thread starter macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

You can do all that and more on the watch. I wanted it to be quick and simple to use but to offer more in depth features should you want to use them, not that you have to.

But you can create a new list using dictation and then add items to it using dictation as well.
    You just say a list of items in one go and when you press the done button on the dictation screen the app splits everything up and adds each item individually to the list you're in. It's ridiculously quick and easy.

But then should you want to you can add notes using dictation, move things between lists, set reminders and add or change the colour assigned to an item, all on the watch and it takes seconds to do any of it.

The glance, currently, shows your overall progress with the total active entries and how many of them are completed with the progress bar being an additional quick way to see your progress.

The only down side for me so far is the amount of lists of things the wife has been making for me to do and sending to me :D

8. TrueBlou thread starter macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

To celebrate todays launch of Easily, here's a pile of codes for my fellow MacRumors'rs :)

L7EL7R9TXETM
    WW3EY4AFWFPR
    7RNTWJ47TETA
    NKHHHR7YNRNK
    LJJ4TJWNY6YM
    M4KF477P6FJ9
    W3MXNMTX3NL7
    ETJXXWR93T7R
    HKTRHL3XRJK9
    HN6KAA3WHXAR
    T66R44H3TRKJ
    L73LPEEK6JAM
    N393MFHWFHX6
    EJW9K7476FWM
    M4ELMKNE9ATN
    YR9FLWHA63PR
    RTXAATMJ6K94
    66RFF6HNWWPL
    Y9WPH3XKYTL4
    JJN6XEYH9JAY
    E63LALT4A49H
    NXMM7XA7Y6FP
    JXJWXNREE9YY
    HKJNKWT4LP9X
    A9PX6EL99PJN
    K3TF6JMM9EHT
    3L3YEJKLYAYN
    EM64PY6TTATM
    KH46YMK47K3E
    NEYFJ99LWTYL

9. NewScotland macrumors newbie

10. tikidoc macrumors regular

tikidoc

11. BizarroClark macrumors newbie

12. nippyjun macrumors 65816

13. MCorum macrumors newbie

MCorum

Easily - To-Do

LJJ4TJWNY6YM Has been used. Thank You!

14. gladd06 macrumors member

15. jbizzybeetle macrumors regular

16. gladd06 macrumors member

In the app store, on the featured tab... scroll down to "Redeem"

17. NewScotland macrumors newbie

I'm having an issue with the app on the watch. All my items are appearing as completed on the watch regardless of the status on the iPhone app. When I look at the phone, the status is correct (active items state active, and complete items state complete). Even if I create new lists and items on the watch, they appear crossed off and greyed out immediately, which presumably means complete. If I change status of an item on the watch it changes the status correctly on the phone, but the watch display still shows all items as complete regardless of the real status. have tried restarting the iPhone, app and watch to no avail.

18. jbizzybeetle macrumors regular

EM64PY6TTATM Redeemed! Thank you! Both of you!

19. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I took K3TF6JMM9EHT, thank you!

It works great so far. Just moved a list I had elsewhere into it. Would like to see a URL scheme and maybe some icons. :)

20. TrueBlou thread starter macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

This is an odd one, I'm not able to reproduce it so far, so I'm sorry but there's no definitive answers at the moment.

To start you could try deleting and reinstalling the app to see if it syncs itself up.
    Failing that then as much of a pain in the rear as it would be, I'd suggest deleting the app. Then deleting the iCloud data from your iPhone settings-> iCloud -> manage storage. Before reinstalling the app. That should wipe out everything and get you on a clear footing.

Sorry it's not really much help but until I can reproduce it, I can't say why it's happening or indeed how to fix it properly.

----------

Thanks for the good suggestions, they might just make it into an update ;)

21. mike51 macrumors newbie

22. papashaun macrumors member

Hi just purchased on App Store - is it possible to show the number of items outstanding against each list on the watch eg
    Home 3
    Groceries. 5
    Car 0
    Work 6

23. TrueBlou thread starter macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Oh, I should also just mention, while I'm here, that I'm working on the next update which among other things improves how things are added to your lists. Don't get me wrong, adding items works just now, but there's always room for improvement :)

----------

At the moment it's not possible, sorry. I left it out, really just because of the small screen.

But you'll be pleased to hear that soon, this will be making an appearance. I'm already working on the next update and having this on the watch is one of the things I've already added for the next release.

And thank you for buying the app.

24. NewScotland macrumors newbie

Thanks. Tried everything you suggested and no luck. When I mark an item as complete on the watch, it moves it to the bottom of the list, but all the active items stay crossed off and greyed out. Double tap the item again, it moves to the top of the list, but remains crossed off and greyed out. I will wait to see what the update brings.

25. TrueBlou thread starter macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I'll keep trying different scenarios to see if I can replicate this and I'll let you know of any results.

Just to help my testing along, can I ask if you use iCloud or not and if you're on iOS 8.2 or 8.3? Cheers.