Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Charitybuzz today launched an auction in which the winning bidder will have lunch with Apple's services chief Eddy Cue at the company's newly constructed Apple Park headquarters in Cupertino, California.

eddy-cue.jpeg

The auction has an estimated value of $50,000. Bids can be placed between now and Tuesday, July 25 at 12:01 p.m. Pacific Time, in support of non-profit organization Autism Movement Therapy, based in Van Nuys, California.

Autism Movement Therapy works to provide expressive movement therapy and workplace readiness skills resulting in meaningful, dignified employment for individuals with autism and related disorders, according to Charitybuzz.
Here's your chance to have lunch with Eddy Cue at the stunning new 175-acre Apple Headquarters in Cupertino, CA, where you will learn more about Apple's industry-leading content stores and online services. This is a rare opportunity to see "Apple Park" and engage in a one-on-one, in-depth conversation with one of the most innovative business minds of our generation.
Cue offered a similar luncheon auction just a few weeks ago, raising $255,000 in support of the National Association of Basketball Coaches Foundation non-profit organization in Kansas City, Missouri.

The private meet and greet will be scheduled at a mutually agreed upon date between August 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018. The winning bidder must be at least 18 or older. The cost of the meal and gratuity is included, but travel and accommodations are not. The experience cannot be resold, re-auctioned, or transferred.

The lunch does not include a formal tour inside Apple Park facilities, and photography is not permitted, according to Charitybuzz.

Cue, who is officially Apple's senior vice president of Internet Software and Services, currently oversees the iTunes Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay, Siri, Apple Maps, iCloud, and Apple's iWork and iLife suites of productivity apps.

Apple executives have participated in several Charitybuzz auctions over the years, with CEO Tim Cook most recently raising over $680,000 for the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights.

Update: Cue's latest lunch auction brought in $26,000 for Autism Movement Therapy.

Article Link: Charitybuzz Auctions Another Lunch With Eddy Cue at Apple's New Headquarters

62tele

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
I have yet to see this guys value to Apple. iTunes is still bloated, fat and ugly. When it was introduced it was light years ahead of everything else but that ages ago. Apple Pay is great but it's accepted at only a small fraction of retailers. iCloud's hit or miss service shouldn't be so spotty although it seems to be improving.
Eddie, what have you done for us lately?

djcerla

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2015
Italy
I have yet to see this guys value to Apple. iTunes is still bloated, fat and ugly. When it was introduced it was light years ahead of everything else but that ages ago. Apple Pay is great but it's accepted at only a small fraction of retailers. iCloud's hit or miss service shouldn't be so spotty although it seems to be improving.

iTunes: why do you need iTunes?
Apple Pay: accepted everywhere a contactless POS is, in many nations it's now mandated by law. I use Apple Pay for everything here in Italy, and it works deliciously well.
iCloud: what's wrong with iCloud??

Cue's misfits are others, and all in the content field.

Reactions: NightFox

efktd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2011
USA
Will he be wearing the pink button up shirt, then let me have it at the end of the meal? I mean, 50 G's, C'mon...

Reactions: mkeeley

djlythium

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2014
That last sentence, though!

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
LOL some autotist foundation lets us lunch with the greatest borderliner in the world to prove that alongside borderline, autism can be a serious syndrome.
OK, Apple is engaged with the (mentally) impaired as long as it earns from them
But give me a break...

Last edited:

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
LOL some autotist foundation lets us lunch with the greatest borderliner in the world to prove that alongside borderline, autism can be a serious syndrome.
OK, Apple is engaged with the (mentally) impaired as long as it earns from them
But give me a break...

Why hold onto such anger? And letting that have so much power over yourself?

Relax. It's money going to a good cause.

Reactions: Solomani
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.