Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
I totally forgot about the Apple News app. Just ran it for the first time after reading this.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Apple News is the default for noobs. It's like giving a crutch to a baby. If you are still using such an app after being online for a year, you must not value news.... and for an example of Apple's "news", just look at the graphic--lemon bars, first artist in space, some NYC architecture fluff.... that's news these days.

The BBC is even worse. Americans tend to have a romaniticized idea that European news is less corrupt. It's the same.
WOAH! What idiots are you talking to?

I don't know anyone that thinks the BBC is less corrupt than the American MSM news services.

There might have been some romanticizing back in the 60s or 70s, but that vanished by Y2K.

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
Seems like half the time when I try to read an article it's just a blurb that instructs me to open the article in Safari.

Allme

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2015
Apple news sucks just like every app apple makes. It looks just like the music app. Everything is white and dull. Flipboard blows apple news away

Allme

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2015
Funny, because almost every pre-installed Apple app on my phone is relegated to the last page of my iPhone in a folder named Unusable. I say almost, because Apple won't let me change the default Mail or Browser app. If they did, Mail and Safari would be in there too. Both on iOS and Mac OS X, Apple needs to take a serious look at the state of their software. Their apps have all turned to crap. I know they can do better. I've seen it in the past. I don't know if it's Jonny Ive, Tim Cook or something else, but they had better get on the ball soon. Great hardware can only be as good as the great software that runs on it. I'm just not seeing the great software these days.
Weather, stocks, calender, tips, voice memos, contacts, reminders and podcasts. All junk. That's the name of the folder I put them in "JUNK". And I don't need a dedicated contacts app when one of the phone apps 5 features is contacts

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.